Patience Pays Off... Cabin Change Success!!

jryan110

Hey Gang, this post serves no other purpose than to share my own (surprising) excitement toward my recent cabin change...

We're booked for the April 1st Eastern Caribbean tour aboard the Reflection and have just locked in cabin 1620. For those who know, most will agree that it's a pretty stellar cabin. For those who don't know, it's one of the largest balconies on the ship for any cabin not attached to a suite.

What adds to my excitement is that I booked under the A2 category and used my Captain's Club membership to upgrade to an A1. Once booked, I monitored the available rooms and kept switching to my cabins on my preferred cabin list and finally 1620 came along. Needless to say, there will be no further cabin changes!

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares my excitement. My wife doesn't share in my excitement and thinks I've become obsessed....though maybe she's not wrong??

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have 1620 booked for our 11 night Reflection cruise in 2018. On our Equinox cruise in December, I switched cabins three times until I was finally able to get one of A1s on the slant of the hump. My husband totally didn't understand my cabin location obsession at all until we got on the ship. He loved the XL balcony and wanted to make sure that we booked a similar cabin for our next one.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hey Gang, this post serves no other purpose than to share my own (surprising) excitement toward my recent cabin change...

We're booked for the April 1st Eastern Caribbean tour aboard the Reflection and have just locked in cabin 1620. For those who know, most will agree that it's a pretty stellar cabin. For those who don't know, it's one of the largest balconies on the ship for any cabin not attached to a suite.

What adds to my excitement is that I booked under the A2 category and used my Captain's Club membership to upgrade to an A1. Once booked, I monitored the available rooms and kept switching to my cabins on my preferred cabin list and finally 1620 came along. Needless to say, there will be no further cabin changes!

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares my excitement. My wife doesn't share in my excitement and thinks I've become obsessed....though maybe she's not wrong??

Cheers!

Good job on making that happen, and I totally understand your excitement. Just before Thanksgiving I was looking at balcony cabins for a Spring Bermuda cruise with X. No matter when I looked, the online booking option would only show me the same two cabins - a standard balcony cabin and a Royal Suite. I inquired about other cabin numbers, but everything except the same balcony cabin and Royal Suite came up as unavailable. This went on for over a week. It was very strange.

Then the day before Thanksgiving, I went online to look at booking a cruise. This time the first cabin I was offered was one of the Aft Sky Suites with the big balcony, and huge bathroom. :) Best of all it ended up costing us about 2K less than the comparable accommodations we were looking at booking on HAL. :D

We really like and enjoy HAL, but we've been wanting to try X. When I was offered that Sky Suite, I didn't hesitate. So excited about our cabin, and that balcony! I feel pretty lucky, but like your DW my DH doesn't seem as concerned about the location as I am. But I think DH will be impressed once we get onboard and he sees all that space! :D

Happy sailing

I totally understand! I just rebooked our cruise for the third time because I just wasn't happy with itinerary, and managed to get an aft sky suite on the Equinox for an itinerary I hadn't noticed before, so I know the feeling. When you spend a lot of money for a vacation, and in our case use precious vacation time, you want it to be the best that you can make it.

Totally agree that it is all about the balcony! We are just back from an Arabian adventure fortnight when we had the middle aft balcony on Connie as my DH is in a wheelchair, fantastic wih all the extra space.

When on board we booked two future cruises and I now need a recommendation for a US based travel agent who can take over the reservation and who can monitor my booking and price changes as the UK agents do not do this. Any tips or referrals very gratefully received. I would also like a travel agent who will offer me an additional OBC. :)

Congratulations..

Did you book directly thru X or thru a travel agent?

Reason I ask is I'm wondering how you are able to change rooms like that.

I probably don't need to know for fear of a new obsession (like I don't have enough now ), but how does one look for available rooms?

Thanks .... OR, maybe not !!!!!!:mad:

Just a quick question.. you say you switched cabins? whats the process and if you have a cabin booked how do you find out if another becomes available? You just keep looking on Celebritys website? Then call into Celebrity? Seems like a tedious process but sounds like its for sure worth it?

Any help would be appreciated..

I started a thread about how many times a person changes cabins, so I totally understand the euphoric feeling one gets when a great cabin becomes available. I was able to score an S1 corner aft on a TA for this April, after moving from a large balcony A! on the Reflection! My DH could care less, except that the price was quite a lot more; however, he said that I deserved it! That was the perfect answer for me...Congratulations on your success as a "cabin changer.":cool:

Just a quick question.. you say you switched cabins? whats the process and if you have a cabin booked how do you find out if another becomes available? You just keep looking on Celebritys website? Then call into Celebrity? Seems like a tedious process but sounds like its for sure worth it?

Any help would be appreciated..

I book with a TA but everyday I check the Celebrity website to see if there are price reductions or if a better cabin has become available. When I see a better cabin on the website,I put a temporary hold on it,call my TA who calls Celebrity while I am on the phone and Celebrity verifies it is me and makes the switch. It can be a tedious process but I enjoy the challenge especially when I can grab a great cabin that was not available when I first booked.

Laura

Regarding how I could view available cabins; we booked through an online travel agent who posts all available cabins in their system to their website. I would simply keep an eye on those available cabins and anytime a cabin showed up that I was interested in, I called the travel agency to have my cabin switched.

In my case the process was just that simple, though I can't comment on what it would be like through another travel agent or through Celebrity directly.

Through observation, I gather that posting travel agency names on Cruise Critic is frowned upon, however if it is permissible and someone can suggest a method that would allow us to chat offline, I'd be more than happy to provide more specific information pertaining to my booking experience.

I started a thread about how many times a person changes cabins, so I totally understand the euphoric feeling one gets when a great cabin becomes available. I was able to score an S1 corner aft on a TA for this April, after moving from a large balcony A! on the Reflection! My DH could care less, except that the price was quite a lot more; however, he said that I deserved it! That was the perfect answer for me...Congratulations on your success as a "cabin changer.":cool:

I saw that post and kept saying I should reply... guess it was fate, as that post would now be a lie! Maybe I'll wander over and throw down my two cents!!

I can understand the excitement of upgrading to a better cabin. We booked on board last year in a SV on deck 8 for a cruise coming up on the Silhouette. I had transferred the booking to a TA, but kept looking on the Celebrity Web Site. We had the largest aft balcony on deck 8, but saw that a C1 on the aft on deck 10 with the same size balcony was available. I called my TA and tried to upgrade, mainly for the footstools as the other Concierge amenities are not that great. The first time was a no go. The second time was the same response. On the third try, the TA was able to get us upgraded at no additional cost and we also got a $75 dining credit to boot! Not a big change from our original cabin, but was excited to get the upgrade. So definitely can appreciate the excitement of OP getting the upgrade!