Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

So looking forward to your review. Followed your other reviews, they were fantastic!! Thank you for taking the time - they are so well done, thorough and detailed, lots of pictures, feels like we are travelling with you!

We are on the Vista in April... can't wait. We cruised on the Breakaway most recently, looking forward to your review. Will there be a compare and contrast of the two cruise lines?

Additionally, sorry the kids weren't able to cruise with you... we have cruised with and without the kids, (now 23 and 28)...it was a different experience...what are your thoughts? Btw - we have the band (family) back together for the Vista cruise, and we are looking forward to it!

Best wishes to your family,

Jill & Mark

Thank you, yes I will be comparing the two ships, Tracy and I had similar and different opinions on the two ships, anyway everyone has a different perspective on things.

My thought on the kids was we were looking forward to being on our own, not having to check on them, not having to wait for them to get ready, Arielle is terrible at getting ready on time, even when you tell her she needs to be ready 30 minutes before the actual time while Mitchel had to be convinced to spent time with the family.

It is easier the younger they are, teenagers are a handful. They are not teens anymore but they are still difficult at times. I'm looking forward to the day when they have kids and then we could introduce the grandkids to cruising. They can tag along too. :D

bar across the street from my law school was called the Library..much smarter than calling it the Library Bar....guys could tell their wife or girlfriend they were going to the Library and not technically lie...part of the training in loose adherence to the truth

:):):):)

Sorry to highjack the thread, but we were on this cruise, in a family harbor cabin (cove balcony 2412). It's a fabulous concept, and we loved it. Yes, access to the Family Harbor lounge is only for people booked in these cabins. They have ice cream, coffee, juice, yogurt etc available all hours, and breakfast, lunch/tea served there as well. There are board games, video games, and a concierge. As part of the booking, you receive a free. Night of babysitting and a free child meal at a specialty restaurant. For us, it would absolutely be worth booking again if our children were just a bit younger. But at 11 and 14 we were just a bit older than the perfect demographic I'd say. But I highly recommend it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad for your input. I managed to get in to take photos by asking a staff member.

Welcome Baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!:D:D

Missed you guys, and your adventures.

Too bad the kids weren't able to make it.

Maybe you could post pictures of them so we can see how much they've grown........:D

Patiently waiting for more!!!!

As promised here a few photos of Mitch and Arielle.

IMG_1286_zps6ktmyujo.jpg

IMG_0981_zpsffdvqyj4.jpg

This photo was taking a couple of weeks ago in Delray Beach, Florida. Arielle and her boyfriend Joey were on school break.

IMG_1274_zpsekhpphcq.jpg

Also mid ship you will find Bonsai Sushi Restaurant, the Fahrenheit Steakhouse, Alchemy Bar, the Photo Gallery and the Red Frog Pub & Brewery

Bonsai Sushi Restaurant

Cruising%202016%20442_zps3imii0ko.jpg

Cruising%202016%20443_zpscqs9bhvf.jpg

Cruising%202016%20444_zpsyzn9xoag.jpg

Cruising%202016%20445_zpsmx0xqzbq.jpg

Cruising%202016%20477_zps6n2ywmr3.jpg

Cruising%202016%20659_zpsmyrtdacu.jpg

I had brought a Nikon Coolpix underwater camera in a carry on but because the plane was full I had to check it in. When I unpacked my bag in our cabin the camera was missing. I assumed the baggage handlers had taken it so I bought a new Fujifilm underwater camera. Anyway on our last night on the ship when I retrieved the suitcases from under the bed I found my Nikon.

Cruising%202016%201297_zpsirf8m4ho.jpg

Proceeding toward the aft section you come across the Fun Hub and Java Blue Shake Spot. The Fun Hub where you can surf the internet for a fee or get ship information such as the funtimes for free. The Java Blue Shake Spot is where you can get shakes, floats, and sweets. You can also satisfy your coffee craving for a small price. The place was always busy.

Cruising%202016%20478_zps09yveh9w.jpg

Next was the Ocean Plaza which included the Taste Bar and the Plaza Bar.

There was a fitness class in the Ocean Plaza

Cruising%202016%20479_zpsldrimrrv.jpg

Cruising%202016%20481_zpsfa2f8zvl.jpg

Cruising%202016%20482_zpsotuocoag.jpg

Plaza bar was closed

Cruising%202016%20484_zpsr3khnv5k.jpg

Cruising%202016%20483_zps85u9uty0.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

At the aft section of deck 5 there is a hallway which leads to the Havana Bar. This hallway has Havana Cabana Cabins on each side of the hallway.

Cruising%202016%20485_zps2wnhdqxk.jpg

Cruising%202016%20486_zpsxnkpqxic.jpg

Cruising%202016%20488_zpsuse7ak1a.jpg

Cruising%202016%20489_zpsj8smlpaf.jpg

Cruising%202016%20490_zps16q27rje.jpg

Cruising%202016%20491_zpscfpczx3k.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

The people staying in the Havana Cabins have exclusive access to their own pool, bar, hot tubs and deck chairs in the daylight hours, typically ending between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. depending on the sailing. I was able to sneak in early in the morning before most cruisers were up.

Cruising%202016%20502_zpsg1l7hocd.jpg

Cruising%202016%20503_zpsfy7v01k0.jpg

Cruising%202016%20504_zps4s5ktezc.jpg

Cruising%202016%20505_zps28kmsjt1.jpg

Cruising%202016%20506_zpsbg2hsvbs.jpg

Cruising%202016%20507_zpsunbevweb.jpg

There was a fitness class in the Ocean Plaza

Cruising%202016%20479_zpsldrimrrv.jpg

Cruising%202016%20482_zpsotuocoag.jpg

I think the Ocean Plaza was a poor choice for fitness classes. Especially around breakfast time.

The Ocean Plaza was also used for trivia and dance classes during the transatlantic. So crowded. Shows the lack of public spaces on a brand new ship.

I did the last Med cruise and transatlantic on the Vista (23 days) and your photos bring back all the good memories. Thank you again for taking the time to do these reviews.

I loved the seating areas on deck outside the library and Red Frog Pub.