Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

Mike, I am so glad to see another review from you. I kept looking the past two years and wondered what had happened. I really appreciate the time you take with your reviews. I love looking at your pictures and feel familiar with each ship after you have reviewed it. Thank you so much for doing this..I can't wait to aread all of it and your comparison of the two cruise lines.

All the way in the back (aft) is the second floor of the Horizon Restaurant which I have already posted photos.

On deck 5

Cruising%202016%20455_zpsk4auv5ej.jpg

Starting from the bow we have the second floor of the Liquid Lounge for which I have already posted the photos, then the second floor of the Fun Shops .

Cruising%202016%20415_zpscxfjnbfq.jpg

Cruising%202016%20416_zpswpmgzx5t.jpg

Cruising%202016%20417_zpsakaohvep.jpg

Cruising%202016%20418_zpsfkakhvb8.jpg

Cruising%202016%20419_zpsrhlprys3.jpg

As we head toward the aft section of the ship, a word of caution, there is a raised metal floor seam that literally caused many cruisers to stumble; we saw one lady fall flat on her face and required medical attention. Tracy being a former paramedic helped out until the nurse arrived. I myself tripped over it several times but caught myself.

Cruising%202016%20424_zpsni8yzoux.jpg

Cruising%202016%20426_zpshna6bpll.jpg

Cruising%202016%20425_zpsqsyatlf2.jpg

So looking forward to your review. Followed your other reviews, they were fantastic!! Thank you for taking the time - they are so well done, thorough and detailed, lots of pictures, feels like we are travelling with you!

We are on the Vista in April... can't wait. We cruised on the Breakaway most recently, looking forward to your review. Will there be a compare and contrast of the two cruise lines?

Additionally, sorry the kids weren't able to cruise with you... we have cruised with and without the kids, (now 23 and 28)...it was a different experience...what are your thoughts? Btw - we have the band (family) back together for the Vista cruise, and we are looking forward to it!

Best wishes to your family,

Jill & Mark

Loving the review and pics. Can you explain about the Family Lounge? Is this exclusive area to families or passengers in certain category of cabin?

Sorry to highjack the thread, but we were on this cruise, in a family harbor cabin (cove balcony 2412). It's a fabulous concept, and we loved it. Yes, access to the Family Harbor lounge is only for people booked in these cabins. They have ice cream, coffee, juice, yogurt etc available all hours, and breakfast, lunch/tea served there as well. There are board games, video games, and a concierge. As part of the booking, you receive a free. Night of babysitting and a free child meal at a specialty restaurant. For us, it would absolutely be worth booking again if our children were just a bit younger. But at 11 and 14 we were just a bit older than the perfect demographic I'd say. But I highly recommend it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mike, I am so glad to see another review from you. I kept looking the past two years and wondered what had happened. I really appreciate the time you take with your reviews. I love looking at your pictures and feel familiar with each ship after you have reviewed it. Thank you so much for doing this..I can't wait to aread all of it and your comparison of the two cruise lines.

Thank you so much, appreciate it. Mike