Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

On deck 3

.Cruising%202016%20370_zpszldjjmnq.jpg

Starting from the front (bow) of the ship there are 39 cabins, followed by the Atrium which includes the Shore Excursion Desk and the Guest Services Desk.

Cruising%202016%20119_zpsyzphkukj.jpg

Cruising%202016%20120_zpsgbcqznf6.jpg

Cruising%202016%20121_zpsf0llkyqg.jpg

Cruising%202016%20122_zps57rmocjp.jpg

Cruising%202016%20123_zpsmlcc9nsu.jpg

Loving the review and pics. Can you explain about the Family Lounge? Is this exclusive area to families or passengers in certain category of cabin?

Thanks, yes it's inclusive to passengers in certain category of cabin.

Then you encounter the galley which forces you to either go up or down one deck to get to the back (aft) of the ship where you will find the Horizon Restaurant which encompasses 2 decks.

Cruising%202016%20147_zpsfkog7dlv.jpg

Cruising%202016%20154_zpsqxlo68z6.jpg

Cruising%202016%20153_zpsz9tnvgoj.jpg

Cruising%202016%20148_zpsvnt6wblw.jpg

Cruising%202016%20150_zpstq8gd2k7.jpg

Cruising%202016%20149_zpsxm37ivfs.jpg

Welcome back....always enjoy your reviews! Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Carnival just announced that the Vista will be coming to Galveston next year. Galveston is 30 minutes from our house so we are booking a cruise tomorrow for when it gets here. Thinking about booking a Havana balcony on deck 5 to try something different.

Welcome back....always enjoy your reviews! Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Carnival just announced that the Vista will be coming to Galveston next year. Galveston is 30 minutes from our house so we are booking a cruise tomorrow for when it gets here. Thinking about booking a Havana balcony on deck 5 to try something different.

Just read the Galveston announcement as well. Was initially thinking, should be sure to squeeze the Breeze in before she leaves, especially in light of the terrible Vista feedback. But this thread has completely changed my outlook. The ship looks nice, and so long as it has Cove Balconies, we're in!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OMG! I can't believe I stumble on your review. It was about 2 weeks ago you came to mind and was wondering how I haven't seen anything from you in quite awhile. Welcome back. Can't believe it's over 2 years. OK let me get back to the review.:cool:

Thanks you.:D

Thanks. :)

I noticed from your pic that a cove balcony is much closer to the water. Just wondering about the possibility of getting water up onto balcony in rough seas? I know, I over think things, and worry about things that may never happen! Lol!

I read somewhere that Cove Balconies are about 30 feet above the water which is approximately 3 stories high. We also had a cove balcony on Breeze. Personally I have never felt the spray of water but I think it does happen especially near the front of the ship.

When we first inspected our balcony on Vista there was a thin coat of salt on the railing and on the outer edge of the floor which I wiped. They have a port day where they clean all the cove balconies. You are notified by a note left in your cabin.

I noticed from your pic that a cove balcony is much closer to the water. Just wondering about the possibility of getting water up onto balcony in rough seas? I know, I over think things, and worry about things that may never happen! Lol!

We have sailed 3x in a cove on the Breeze. There is a heavy steel door that they close over your door to the balcony in the event of rough seas. They close them from the outside. You can still see out of the window next to the door but I doubt you'd want to in rough seas. We had salt on the railing every day. After or first cruise on the Breeze I took some folded paper towels to wipe the rail in the morning so we could put our arms up there. The furniture didn't seem to be a problem. I know the cabin steward would clean it if asked but we get up early and prefer to not bother him/her.

On deck 4

Cruising%202016%20388_zpsbttbimal.jpg

Starting from the bow you have the Liquid Lounge which is the ship’s main lounge. Instead of the usual 3 deck configuration, this lounge in smaller with moveable seats.

Cruising%202016%20398_zps7ttvpey2.jpg

Cruising%202016%20399_zpsts0a2oqo.jpg

Cruising%202016%20400_zpsi0t0cxza.jpg

Cruising%202016%20401_zps5s18a2r9.jpg

Cruising%202016%20402_zpsvajqdb55.jpg