LIVE Oasis of the Seas - January 15 to 22nd

I spent most of yesterday relaxing. I had to run through the typical packing and airline check in and such but I spent most of the day doing nothing.

It's hard to believe that it's all coming to an end. The pool decks were the busy spot as everyone tried to get in their last few hours of swimming or relaxing. Some of the other busy spots were the Flow Riders and zipline. I didn't do either the zipline or the rock climbing this trip and I wish I had but at the same time, I spent most of this trip trying to relax. It's been a long year and I needed the break.

That being said, I've already looked into next year's trip. I'm going to do an ocean view balcony on Harmony of the Seas. With this being the newest of the Oasis Class ships (until Symphony comes along) it's going to offer a lot of the same experiences but it does have experiences that are unique to that ship as well like the bionic bar and the Abyss slides!

I had one final dinner at Chops. Once again the food was excellent. I had the Sea Scallops and Crab Cake as an appetizer, Filet Mignon for my entree, with Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, and Potato Croquettes as my side. The rest of the evening was once again spent relaxing and packing. I did go and watch as we sailed by Miami last night after dinner. It's beautiful from sea.

Sadly the journey must come to an end...it's been great and I'm sad it's all over.

Thanks for taking us all along! It was so nice to get your report on everything and thanks for answering so many of our questions. I just can't wait for our cruise in April- just made our final payment this past week. I plan to do much of the same thing as you RELAX! It's been a tough year for us too- last year I mean. Hope you have a good day and safe travels back home. Thanks again!! :)

PS You might want to update the year on your countdown to cruise for next year it say 2017 and I think its 2018.

Edited by divaofdisney

Thanks for taking us all along! It was so nice to get your report on everything and thanks for answering so many of our questions. I just can't wait for our cruise in April- just made our final payment this past week. I plan to do much of the same thing as you RELAX! It's been a tough year for us too- last year I mean. Hope you have a good day and safe travels back home. Thanks again!! :)

PS You might want to update the year on your countdown to cruise for next year it say 2017 and I think its 2018.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it at the airport.

In other news...studio b is cold this morning. Now why can I go ice skating while I wait lol

We were back in port early last night (around 5am I think) so they were able to start the self-disembarkation earlier. People were leaving the ship at 6:30am.

Regardless of when the ship comes in, the disembarkation is not totally under RCI's control - customs/immigration has to be in place and they don't typically come in early.;)

Thanks for the review, I really enjoyed it. We will be sailing on the Oasis in 7 weeks and can't wait. Much like you, two of my favourite places are on a ship or at Cedar Point :).

Safe travels home. It has been warm here but haven't seen the sun in a week.

Dave

My room is 10241

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe that my cabin will be one deck higher than yours for my June cruise. looking forward to it! Is the bed by the balcony? Thanks for letting me get a peak beforehand, it can not get here soon enough!

Overall, I will gladly go on another Royal Caribbean cruise again. More specifically another Oasis class ship. While there are a few things that I wish Royal Caribbean would change, there aren't enough that will turn me off from sailing RCL again.

I definitely prefer the larger ships. Not so much for the amount of people but for the many offerings the ship has. With the neighbourhood concept, it spreads out the crowds around the ship unlike the smaller ships where everyone congregates in the central area. With 12,500 plants, the Central Park neighbourhood gives folks a quiet, natural area for people to relax or eat. With a carousel, hot dog stand and Johnny Rockets, the boardwalk is a throw back to the days at Coney Island. The Royal Promenade is your one stop place for shopping, dining, and drinks. Deck 15 is home to all your recreation needs.

Because of the number of pools, the pool deck was less crowded and the cruisers were more spread out across the 15th deck. The Solarium is a quiet adult only area where you can sit and read while watching the waves go by. With two hot tubs, a pool and plenty of chairs, its a well laid out sanctuary. The cantilever hot tubs that look over the sides of the ship are a great spot to watch sail away or to just relax with friends.

I bought the Royal Refreshment (non-alcoholic) drink package thinking that I would use it a lot. While I did have non-alcoholic cocktails and pop, I don't know if it was truly worth it for me. First of all you feel very uncomfortable at times ordering non-alcoholic drinks because the bar tenders look at you a little weird. That being said, it was nice to be able to drink whenever I wanted and without having to pay. Because I spent a lot of time on my balcony reading, I was ordering a lot of tea and fruit from room service.

I enjoyed being able to walk around the ship at my leisure and do what I want. That being said, I didn't do a lot on this trip. I was likely very tired from the chaos that took place in my life over the last 6 months with my dad's death. Next time, I will make sure I participate in more activities. Now that I've cruised solo for the first time, I know what to expect and what I would do different for next time. I'm looking forward to next year's cruise on Harmony of the Seas.

I hope you enjoyed my review.

I hope you enjoyed my review.

Very much did, always great seeing things from a different view point from someone on the same sailing.

One thing I personally feel about the Oasis class is the first time on the class the most ideal plan of attack would be a back to back.

My first time on Allure I really didn't like it. Second time I went in with my eyes more open and loved it. Jumping to Oasis I knew a bit more of what to expect. With 12 days on Oasis I was able to do all the shows. So this time around I didn't feel pressured in trying to fit every thing into a week.

Sent from a mobile device

Very much did, always great seeing things from a different view point from someone on the same sailing.

One thing I personally feel about the Oasis class is the first time on the class the most ideal plan of attack would be a back to back.

My first time on Allure I really didn't like it. Second time I went in with my eyes more open and loved it. Jumping to Oasis I knew a bit more of what to expect. With 12 days on Oasis I was able to do all the shows. So this time around I didn't feel pressured in trying to fit every thing into a week.

I feel the same about following your review.

The plan is Harmony but I'm not sure when this WOW sale ends...it may cause me to stay with Oasis next year...which is not a bad thing either :)

We're not B2B for the Feb. 26 OA cruise but we have 4 more OA cruises so we will be leisurely about what we try to do as we will have other opportunities.

We're not B2B for the Feb. 26 OA cruise but we have 4 more OA cruises so we will be leisurely about what we try to do as we will have other opportunities.

Exactly, knowing you'll have more time. The less stress in trying to fit everything in. Only thing that changes is the Headliner and Comedian.