Scenic ocean view?

helene109

I have one of the scenic ocean view cabins booked on the Carnival Splendor for a Hawaiian cruise (October 2018 - first time ever to Hawaii!). We usually get a balcony for a one week cruise, but this is a two-week cruise and a balcony was very expensive. Anyway, when I booked the scenic ocean view I didn't realize it is a four person cabin. Carnival allowed me to book it with only two passengers. Does anyone have any experience with being switched to a different cabin under these circumstances? I think the only way Carnival could move us would be to a balcony cabin (and I can't believe they would want to do that) because the other ocean view cabins would be a downgrade. Thanks for your help.

I booked 9201 as a solo at 200% and was not switched........I think you only have to worry about that if a cabin you booked a handicapped cabin and your are not handicapped. I'm sure you will be fine!

I booked 9201 as a solo at 200% and was not switched........I think you only have to worry about that if a cabin you booked a handicapped cabin and your are not handicapped. I'm sure you will be fine!

Solo cruisers aren't held to occupancy restrictions. Otherwise they would never be able to book a cabin on Carnival.

I have this room with 3 people but we originally booked 4. I am aware that I can be moved now that one person isn't going. I was advised that. Just keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossed that it won't happen. I don't want a balcony, which is what we would be moved to. Balconies are not an upgrade to these cabins in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We can't pick our vacation till January due to my husband s work oh well thanks for checking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know this might be a bit crazy but consider booking for 2018 now. I know you can't book the time off yet, but booking the cabin is the harder part. Your Husband probably knows the busiest weeks for vacation at his work (They usually don't change year to year). Look at your 2018 calendar and find a week your DH thinks will be a less popular date (therefore easier for him to get time off).

Now hit the cruises and find the Cabin of your choice. Get it now 18 or so months out. Book it Early Saver or on a low down payment sale. Than when January rolls around and you're finally able to book your vacation hopefully it will all line up. If not you are either loosing a very low down payment OR you may be able to switch rooms without penalty.

I booked 670 days out so I could get adjoining cabins and I also can't technically book my time off until January. I choose a week with a low priority around my work and I've got my fingers crossed! Good luck!

I would hope not= 9201 only sleeps 2 people and since solo you are booked at the double occupancy--paying double the cruise fare. There is no reason whatsoever for you to be moved from there

I have one of the scenic ocean view cabins booked on the Carnival Splendor for a Hawaiian cruise (October 2018 - first time ever to Hawaii!). We usually get a balcony for a one week cruise, but this is a two-week cruise and a balcony was very expensive. Anyway, when I booked the scenic ocean view I didn't realize it is a four person cabin. Carnival allowed me to book it with only two passengers. Does anyone have any experience with being switched to a different cabin under these circumstances? I think the only way Carnival could move us would be to a balcony cabin (and I can't believe they would want to do that) because the other ocean view cabins would be a downgrade. Thanks for your help.

are you sure it was 9200 and not 9201

We are booked on the Freedom October 2018 and the grand scenic ocean views were already booked. We booked 9197 which is a scenic ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bu Kitty

The actual cabin I have booked for Carnival Splendor is #9196, which is one of five scenic ocean view cabins onboard. These forward facing cabins have the window from floor to ceiling and the entire width of the cabin, so I'm guessing the window is about 8' high and 10' wide. I see the awesome side cabins on deck nine (one on port side, one on starboard side) that have windows facing the bow as well as the side. I may have mistakenly called my cabin a 'scenic' view, when in fact, it may not be called that. My cabin is listed as four passenger and that is why I am wondering if I could be moved.

As others have said, you have to book waaaay ahead.......I was able to get 9201 on the Glory and it was fantastic!

We are booked in 9201 on Glory this October...and as of yesterday we are officially doing a back to back in 9201 on Glory in Oct 2018!! I'm so excited!

We were in 9200 on Splendor last May, and the room had the couch, 2 armchairs and 2 tables (was it 2 side tables and a coffee table? or just 2 side tables? I can't remember). Regardless, I see in your photos you have what looks like a chaise lounge in the window? Did you move the couch there or what is that?

The actual cabin I have booked for Carnival Splendor is #9196, which is one of five scenic ocean view cabins onboard. These forward facing cabins have the window from floor to ceiling and the entire width of the cabin, so I'm guessing the window is about 8' high and 10' wide. I see the awesome side cabins on deck nine (one on port side, one on starboard side) that have windows facing the bow as well as the side. I may have mistakenly called my cabin a 'scenic' view, when in fact, it may not be called that. My cabin is listed as four passenger and that is why I am wondering if I could be moved.

9196 and those sandwiched between 9200 and 9201 are called Scenic Ocean View.

9200 and 9201 are called Grand Scenic Ocean View...they are awesome rooms!

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/VA/StateRoomCodes/VAOSNF.jpg

two beds on the floor the convertible sofa bed and the upper bed

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/Casey298/media/DSC02084.jpg.html

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/50/40/43/5040436cfff9e28a6502fb4348786280.jpg

We are booked in 9201 on Glory this October...and as of yesterday we are officially doing a back to back in 9201 on Glory in Oct 2018!! I'm so excited!

We were in 9200 on Splendor last May, and the room had the couch, 2 armchairs and 2 tables (was it 2 side tables and a coffee table? or just 2 side tables? I can't remember). Regardless, I see in your photos you have what looks like a chaise lounge in the window? Did you move the couch there or what is that?

Yes, there's a chaise AND a sofa :)

9200 and 9201 are Grand Scenic Ocean views (6K category) We had 9201 on the Conquest and it, albeit huge, slept only 2. The son and Dil had a Scenic Ocean view and it slept 2. ( it was in the middle of the Grand scenic ocean views.

)

Try looking on websites for Grand Scenic ( 6K) and 6J when looking for these cabins.

Edited by jrmende63