Celebrity Solstice

Cloudlady

Hello hallows lady , I cruise frequently on Solstice and love all the specialty restaurants . Have a look and see if they are offering the three of them at a reduced rate if u buy all. Also, there is usually a big discount offered in one of them on the first night, which will be advertised in your onboard news letter placed on your bed as you board, or outside the booking table for specialty restaurants. Also some times they offer reduced rates for lunch . My favourite is the Silk Harvest, then the Tuscan and then the Murano. Happy sailing .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Hello hallows lady , I cruise frequently on Solstice and love all the specialty restaurants . Have a look and see if they are offering the three of them at a reduced rate if u buy all. Also, there is usually a big discount offered in one of them on the first night, which will be advertised in your onboard news letter placed on your bed as you board, or outside the booking table for specialty restaurants. Also some times they offer reduced rates for lunch . My favourite is the Silk Harvest, then the Tuscan and then the Murano. Happy sailing .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does the Silk Harvest charge "additional ala carte prices" or does the cover charge include all the food you want.

What is your favorite menu item at Silk Harvest?

Thank you

The menu has a lot of choices. I think you get an entree, soup, main, and dessert for the total price. But we usually share the entrees and then have more choices to try. I love their popcorn type prawns, (plenty for 2 to share in bowl), their wonton soup, their orange chicken, and the oriental creme broulet.,

Does the Silk Harvest charge "additional ala carte prices" or does the cover charge include all the food you want.

What is your favorite menu item at Silk Harvest?

Thank you

Hi fellow solstice cruisers.

We are going on solstice for very 1st time in late January, 2018 to New Zealand for 12 nights. Never cruised with celebrity before. What should we expect as far as service, entertainment and food goes say in relation to ncl for eg. Are the speciality restaurants worth the extra money or is the food in the mdr that good that you don't need to do them.

Regards bob.

Do you know if there were craft beers anywhere? Cellar Masters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Cellar Masters had a much wider range of beer than anyone else. Delerium, rogue, anchor steam, duvel, and leffe to name a few.

1) Curious if you have a Classic member coupon book and what the discount is for the internet? (the website says it should be a 10% off coupon, which would make it the same price as purchasing internet ahead of time, but I'd rather use my onboard credit ...)

2) Who are the captain and cruise director at the moment?

Thanks!

Edited by cutraveler

We are doing the 16 day Perth to Sydney via the southern route and around New Zealand March 2018. What kind of weather and seas can we expect in March?

It can be almost dead flat as we experienced going the other way two years ago or it could be 20 metre seas as was experienced when the cruise ships were crossing the Tasman this season.

Expert weather people cant predict 7 days accurately let alone 12 months out.

Take your anti nausea meds with you and hope you don't have to use them.

Hi fellow solstice cruisers.

We are going on solstice for very 1st time in late January, 2018 to New Zealand for 12 nights. Never cruised with celebrity before. What should we expect as far as service, entertainment and food goes say in relation to ncl for eg. Are the speciality restaurants worth the extra money or is the food in the mdr that good that you don't need to do them.

Regards bob.

Hi,

This is my first time on Solstice, but I've been on Equinox twice, plus Mercury way back. Celebrity is way above NCL, IMHO

We haven't done the specialty restaurants , but the MDR food is great, so we don't bother paying extra. The service is great and entertainment, especially the guest entertainers.

You will love Celebrity.

• 3 weeks later...

We are another couple doing the March 5, Perth to Sydney via NZ.

We booked while we were on the Solstice this March 1st to 13th around the islands.

The weather on that cruise was amazing, hardly a white cap to be seen and yet earlier and since the weather has been wild in Northern Australia.

Tee Rick, the weather in the southern part of Australia should be lovely. I personally think March is the best time to visit Melbourne.

Like an earlier poster we also did the Northern Australia and NZ cruise and crossing the Tasman was just so calm. One can just be lucky,:) in fact this will be our fourth similar itinerary and we have been fortunate with the weather on all.

I wouldn't worry about rough seas, just be prepared with ginger tablets and look forward to a great cruise.

Cheers.

When I sailed across the tasmin sea it was like a roller coaster ride. We got awesome weather sailing the sounds though, absolutely amazing. We are sailing the Solstice on the Barrier reef cruise next March, it will be our third time on her. Can't wait!