Can guests be brought into Haven?

Spartanette78

Although it might seem nice to have non-Haven friends come visit you in the Haven, as a guest paying a lot more $ for my upcoming Haven cruise, I'd be pretty upset if the less-crowded atmosphere I paid big bucks for was crowded with non-Haven guests. Not because non-Haven guests are not wonderful people, but because the Haven is designed to hold x # of folks... not x + all of their friends and relatives travelling with them.

• Like 6

In the off chance that we win and our cruise companions don't, will they be able to come into the area with us? Are there any limits to how often/how long?

You friends cannot visit the Haven lounge, bar, pool, hot-tub, sundeck, etc.

There was a time when non-Haven guests (limit 2) could dine in the Haven restaurant with their Haven friends/family up to 2 times per week at a cost of $25 per person per meal. NCL has made a few exceptions of 3 guests for a charge of $35 per person. However, the privilege of bringing non-Haven guests into the Haven restaurant may have ended (conflicting reports).

Haven guests can entertain their non-Haven friends/family in suite (even sleep-overs :D) as much as they want. When bringing guests into the Haven complex, non-Haven guests must go straight to the room and not "hang out" in the lounge, bar, etc. It is best for Haven guests to bring the non-Haven friends directly to the stateroom and to let the concierge know what is going on. An introduction between the non-Haven guests and the concierge would probably be best.

Although it might seem nice to have non-Haven friends come visit you in the Haven, as a guest paying a lot more $ for my upcoming Haven cruise, I'd be pretty upset if the less-crowded atmosphere I paid big bucks for was crowded with non-Haven guests. Not because non-Haven guests are not wonderful people, but because the Haven is designed to hold x # of folks... not x + all of their friends and relatives travelling with them.

I second this... we are staying in The Haven on our upcoming cruise and paid extra $$$ to have the luxury of having a fewer number of people in the pool, sundeck, hot tub, lounge, bar, etc. While I understand wanting to have friends/family spend your vacation with you, perhaps you can do it over dinner in the lounge for extra fee or spend time in other public areas.

• Like 1

I totally understand limiting the area to a set number of people. I was just concerned if one group had the bid accepted and the other didn't, would we be separated for much of the trip. Since the answer is "yes" it makes more sense not to try for it and risk one group paying extra and not getting to take advantage of the extras. The good news - less competition for the other people in the auction!

I totally understand limiting the area to a set number of people. I was just concerned if one group had the bid accepted and the other didn't, would we be separated for much of the trip. Since the answer is "yes" it makes more sense not to try for it and risk one group paying extra and not getting to take advantage of the extras. The good news - less competition for the other people in the auction!

So the answer is "yes" they can come to your room. They can not use any of the Havens facilities.

• 2 years later...
On 1/15/2017 at 7:54 AM, Spartanette78 said:

We've put in a bid for a Haven suite for our upcoming cruise. In the off chance that we win and our cruise companions don't, will they be able to come into the area with us? Are there any limits to how often/how long?

Just curious did you win your bid? When our bid comes up I want to know if I have any chances. Thanks!

16 hours ago, Jennweir77 said:

Just curious did you win your bid? When our bid comes up I want to know if I have any chances. Thanks!

There is a very long thread entitled “what was your upgrade offer and what did you bid?”   That might help to answer this question.  

At the end of the day it is a bit of luck, a bit of maths and not booking on a popular cruise/cruise dates that get you your upgrade.