VIFP program

Gayle V

Thank you for the info firemanbobswife. I tried to find that info on the web site, but couldn't. I had been looking at our check-in pages etc, and noticed we were listed as Gold. I could have sworn we were Platinum already, but I guess not. The only way we'd have enough points for that would have been if they had given double points for the suite we had last time. I'm fairly sure that's the way RCI does it, (double points for suites, I mean.) So I have to be remembering back when we were Platinum on Royal. My memory just ain't was it used to be, and all the cruises seem to merge together after a while. Still the best vacation out there.

Edited by Gayle V

Thank you for the info firemanbobswife. I tried to find that info on the web site, but couldn't. I had been looking at our check-in pages etc, and noticed we were listed as Gold. I could have sworn we were Platinum already, but I guess not. The only way we'd have enough points for that would have been if they had given double points for the suite we had last time. I'm fairly sure that's the way RCI does it, (double points for suites, I mean.) So I have to be remembering back when we were Platinum on Royal. My memory just ain't was it used to be, and all the cruises seem to merge together after a while. Still the best vacation out there.

You are correct that RC gives double points for suites. You will hit Platinum once you reach 75 days on Carnival. So if on your next cruise you start off with 70 days and you take a 7 day cruise, you will actually be Platinum at the beginning. I think RC makes you wait until that cruise is completed and you would move up a tier the next cruise. At least that's the way Celebrity does it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Carnival does give out things for suites. It is random...in no way a guarantee, and has started since last January. They give a water bottle to each guest in the suite, a plate of desserts, and some sort of gift card to spend during the week on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Carnival does give out things for suites. It is random...in no way a guarantee, and has started since last January. They give a water bottle to each guest in the suite, a plate of desserts, and some sort of gift card to spend during the week on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The gift card has nothing to do with the suite but rather if it's a guest's birthday, or anniversary or something like that. You are paying for the water (besides the one you get for free for being a Red VIFP or higher) and "treats" in your increased gratuities. Suites pay $1 more per person per day than other cabins for them.

the gift card has nothing to do with the suite but rather if it's a guest's birthday, or anniversary or something like that.

It is even more random than celebrating something, we were on Magic week before Christmas and rec'd a spa GC from our cabin servicer left on the bed one night next to towel animal. We were not celebrating anything at that time!

the gift card has nothing to do with the suite but rather if it's a guest's birthday, or anniversary or something like that.

It is even more random than celebrating something, we were on Magic week before Christmas and rec'd a spa GC from our cabin servicer left on the bed one night next to towel animal. We were not celebrating anything at that time!

True. I got one for a free bottle of wine for no particular reason. And I did not stay in a suite. Just didn't want people to think if you stay in a suite you get a gift card.

https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/howitworks.aspx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't book suites, but for those who do it would make sense to get maybe double the days awarded. It does not seem right that an inside room gets the same credit as a suite...7 day cruise = 7 points! Oh well, thats the way it is.

Edited by nissach

The gift card has nothing to do with the suite but rather if it's a guest's birthday, or anniversary or something like that. You are paying for the water (besides the one you get for free for being a Red VIFP or higher) and "treats" in your increased gratuities. Suites pay $1 more per person per day than other cabins for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SERVICE GRATUITIES (TIPS)

It is customary to extend gratuities (tips) to the shipboard staff for their services. How much to tip is a personal matter and completely up to our guests.

Our recommended guideline to what is appropriate is $12.95 USD per person, per day for guests in standard stateroom accommodations and $13.95 USD per person, per day for guests booked in suites. The majority of the tipping amount goes to employees such as stateroom stewards, assistant stewards, dining room waiters and assistant waiters. A small portion goes to a mix of other personnel who are in guest-facing customer service positions within areas such as culinary and hotel services, along with certain key positions in entertainment and guest services.

Please show me anywhere on Carnival's website where it says every suite guest gets a Gift Card. Better yet, show me in ANY article from a legit source that says so.

Thanks for the cut and paste from carnivals website that is common knowledge. Apparently I wasn't aware that you shared a stateroom with me on the same cruises and were in every conversation with me when talking with crew members and staff.

RUDE!!!!!

Well you didn't agree with my whole statement so figured I would start posting FACTS. Go ahead and ask every person on here that has stayed in a suite and see if they got a gift card. Still trying to figure out what you think I'm so wrong about.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6991

https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Thanks for the cut and paste from carnivals website that is common knowledge. Apparently I wasn't aware that you shared a stateroom with me on the same cruises and were in every conversation with me when talking with crew members and staff.

I can confirm that you do not get a gift card for booking me a suite on Carnival. I "know" this we stay in them a lot (including the Captains suite which is there most expensive) and also am a TA. It is a fact, regardless of what you heard.

Sent from my iPhone

My apologies queen...I said you were wrong? I believe I said I disagreed with your comment, your majesty- all high and mighty, let me bow down to you

If you wish [emoji146]

So, my loyal subject, with what do have a disagreement with? Surely if you disagree it must mean I am incorrect in my statement(s). Speak now or forever be silent on the matter.

If you wish [emoji146]

So, my loyal subject, with what do have a disagreement with? Surely if you disagree it must mean I am incorrect in my statement(s). Speak now or forever be silent on the matter.

I said play nice, but I gotta admit, I LOL'd at this one!