Cooler

mosully143

I know we are allowed one small personal cooler. However last year I purchased a purple padded cooler with a plastic insert that holds 42 cans. It is not really large but not as small as a lunch cooler. I am using it as a carry on to bring our allotted 24 cans and two wine bottles. Do you think they will hassle me even though its a Rollie bag looking bag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As Shaded Lady posted it is at the discretion of the screener. That is outside of the rule of 12X12X12. The screener may enforce the size restriction and not allow it. The other possibility is it might be considered "luggage" and allowed.

If you are told no, are you prepared to leave it or return it to your car? And how then will you transport your soft drinks?

It might be easier to just grab a cheap rolling duffle to transport your soft drinks on and your souvenirs off.

I know we are allowed one small personal cooler. However last year I purchased a purple padded cooler with a plastic insert that holds 42 cans. It is not really large but not as small as a lunch cooler. I am using it as a carry on to bring our allotted 24 cans and two wine bottles. Do you think they will hassle me even though its a Rollie bag looking bag.

This is from the Carnival FAQ's site:

Coolers: Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12 inches x 12 inches x 12 inches (30.48cm x 30.48cm x 30.48cm) for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

1f81a6858e4c469a6531419f9322d470.jpg

Put some clothes or something other than drinks in it. This might fool the inspectors.

I doubt that security at the port terminal will be fooled into thinking that this is anything other than a cooler, even if it has clothes in it.

I fill mine with clothes and shoes and check it with all the other luggage.

Then unpack in the cabin and get the steward to fill with ice.

Just packed mine yesterday for my Elation cruise in 7 days.

This will be the 9th or 10th cruise with this cooler.

It's 10 X 12 x 15. I just like it because it holds the drinks to transport super well so may just find something else.... I was just hoping Others have used it as carry-0n and no issues.

Taking it as a carry-on you are pushing your luck...

Depending on the guys running security to be in a good mood that day.

I truly believe it depends on the security checking carry-ons. I've been lucky and gotten my oversize cooler, very similar to yours, through several times. However, on my last cruise, the guy running it through the scanner and looked at me and said "you know this is oversized, don't you". That was in Miami (but he still let me take it). The port at Jax, Tampa, and Port Canaveral have never batted an eye at it and let it go through. I always carry it empty, just in case they take it away. I don't want to have to carry a bunch of stuff because my cooler was confiscated,:)