Celebrity Standard Drink Package

tartana

Hello Tartana

We just returned from a cruise on the Constellation. This was our 12th cruise with Celebrity. It was the first time we heard about the standard package. When we got on board, they were offering beverage package as usual, but they never offered us the standard package, so we took the classic package as usual. The next day we learned about the standard package and thought it would be good enough for us. We made a switch to the standard package. Here is the detail from Celebrity of what is included in the classic and the standard packages.

[ATTACH]403301[/ATTACH]

However, most of the staff did not know about this package. Some would serve us Prosecco and other would say it is not included. Some would serve Pino Griggio and other not. Some would serve Soda water and other not. There is quite a big misknowledge on board about this package. So we asked the bar manager to explain. He confirmed Prosecco and Pino Griggio are not included in the package. Soda water was ok if served in a glass. Not ok if we wanted the can. Speciality coffees are not included in the standard package. Hope this helps!

Your attached list is very helpful... thanks! :)

Hello Tartana,

Not sure they are usually willing to downgrade the beverage package. Here is how it happened. The next day we were on board, I went to the guest relation office and told them nobody informed me about the standard when I purchased the BP. Told them if I would have known, I would definitely have taken the strandard package. I was not happy I was not informed about it. We had the classic BP for less than 24 hours and had only few glasses of wine. So they reimbursed the CBP and charged the full amount of the Strandard package, which was fine with us.

And were you okay with the standard? And what did you mostly order with the package?

Tartana, yes we were ok with the package even though it was not clear what we could order. My husband drinks a little bit of beer and a lot of wine!!! He was happy with the beer selection. I only drink white wine. He likes Sauvignon blanc and I like Chardonnay, and both are on the list. For lunch I usually drink dry rosé, but it was not on the list. Sometimes they would serve it to me and other time they would not. All together, we are happy about the SP. We just wish the staff would know more about this package.:)

great - thanks - that's the impression I get about it, the staff will just look at you funny and think what?! I will probably get this package, and then, if necessary, upgrade to the classic - I feel there needs to more of us that "try it" to get more info out there - and perhaps experience for the staff lol.

I can't seem to find this doing a search on the boards. So if I like drinks like pina coladas, mudslides, mojitos, and sea breezes, are these included in the regular beverage package?

Not the premium one, but the basic one?

Thanks!

debbie

I can't seem to find this doing a search on the boards. So if I like drinks like pina coladas, mudslides, mojitos, and sea breezes, are these included in the regular beverage package?

Thanks!

debbie

Hello Debbie,

As per the list I posted few days ago, Mojitos and sea breezes are included in the standard package. As for the mudslides and pina coladas, I don't see them anywhere on the list.

In case you missed the list here it is:

Hope this helps!:)

CBP vs SP.pdf

Thanks!

debbie

The "Classic" package will include most everything except premium alcohol and more expensive wines, etc, but the new "Standard" package is more limited. I think many cocktails will still be included if they are made with your basic house alcohol from what I'm understanding. But this is the Standard we've been talking about - not the Classic. There are 3 choices on my upcoming cruise for alcohol pkgs.

Hello Debbie,

As per the list I posted few days ago, Mojitos and sea breezes are included in the standard package. As for the mudslides and pina coladas, I don't see them anywhere on the list.

In case you missed the list here it is:

Hope this helps!:)

Thank you Josette & Giles!

I actually found that post you made but couldn't open it, but now I was able to :-)

Thank you,

debbie

Hello Tartana

We just returned from a cruise on the Constellation. This was our 12th cruise with Celebrity. It was the first time we heard about the standard package. When we got on board, they were offering beverage package as usual, but they never offered us the standard package, so we took the classic package as usual. The next day we learned about the standard package and thought it would be good enough for us. We made a switch to the standard package. Here is the detail from Celebrity of what is included in the classic and the standard packages.

[ATTACH]403301[/ATTACH]

However, most of the staff did not know about this package. Some would serve us Prosecco and other would say it is not included. Some would serve Pino Griggio and other not. Some would serve Soda water and other not. There is quite a big misknowledge on board about this package. So we asked the bar manager to explain. He confirmed Prosecco and Pino Griggio are not included in the package. Soda water was ok if served in a glass. Not ok if we wanted the can. Speciality coffees are not included in the standard package. Hope this helps!

Is everything listed in the standard package available with the Classic package?

Is everything listed in the standard package available with the Classic package?

I'm sure it is, because the standard package includes basic drinks, so they have to be included in the higher priced packages. However I can't confirm....

• 3 weeks later...

Our table companions bought the Standard package and hated it. As previously stated there was considerable confusion amongst the staff as to what was allowed. This is because it is relatively new and so few people buy it. They were billed every time one of them had a can of cola. We had the Classic (as a perk) and were very satisfied. We would consider upgrading to the Premium but only if we had lots of OBC to use up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums