What to bring for a balcony?

racnwdow

The biggest benefit of a balcony is that you can let fresh air in and do not live in a room that has always gotten air purely from an air conditioning system. This truly makes me feel sick, especially if the ship and air conditioning is many years old. Same with hotels, never book a hotel where you are not able to open a window. In combination with old carpets and sofas this is not healthy....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've always had good luck with the weather on our balconies... never had wind or anything. We've always had the covered ones (so it's shady), and I prefer the ones with glass, since I'm short (on Adventure I couldn't see much when sitting down). Some day I want a fancy suite balcony that has sun and shade (and a hot tub and table big enough to eat at :))

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For those that bring hammocks, what are the Best type of hammock to buy and supplies to hang for an aft balcony? Also keeping in mind it has to be packed in luggage. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See my photos in post 22.

We bought the hammock in Cozumel for around $20. I modified it in the second picture with the stretchers to make it a bit more comfortable. We drive do do ace is not an issue but with the stretchers it does take up a lot more space.

I attached about 4 feet of rope to each end just so I have lots of play depending on the balcony. Depending on the ship you may need a pair of "C clamps" to attach to the steel girders.

See my photos in post 22.

We bought the hammock in Cozumel for around $20. I modified it in the second picture with the stretchers to make it a bit more comfortable. We drive do do ace is not an issue but with the stretchers it does take up a lot more space.

I attached about 4 feet of rope to each end just so I have lots of play depending on the balcony. Depending on the ship you may need a pair of "C clamps" to attach to the steel girders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took BT speakers the last Allure trip and used them on the balcony. I was able to stream Sirius using WiFi.

Hammock idea I have seen suggested by many people, but I am not sure on a regular balcony it's workable.

Never took tea lights, but might have to do that next time.

Me again - please do not play music on the balcony. Noise travels outside. Please be considerate of others who may have selected a balcony cabin for a quiet place to spend time.

Thanks,

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I like the aft balcony for the simple reason that it's a little quieter. You don't hear the waves breaking from the bow pushing water and less sea spray. Also when we book we decide which side of the boat we want depending on where the sun is. Meaning, seas days we want afternoon shade on our balcony.

By the looks of the photos with the Hammock. Does not look comfortable unless you like laying in the Pike Position.

I do like the beach ball idea for sure.

We also like to bring a big flat sheet to cover the couch. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing extra but on long long cruises with lots of sea days, it has entered my mind

On our X Christmas and NY cruise, the people next door (LOUD) took the cushions off the sofa and put them on the balcony so their guest would have a seat:eek:

Edited by north29