Breakaway 13 Day Southern Caribbean Review with lots of pictures (plus Haven) again

ncklhaus

We went to the Haven lounge for drinks before dinner. Our bartender Stefano was amazing. He was like a mad scientist. He used so many different tools to make original drinks.Here he is making what we named "The Stefano" It was delicious!20170109_183422_zpszm0nfzrf.jpg

20170109_183754_zpsypmmiuok.jpg

We were on the January 15th cruise. I am really enjoying reliving our cruise through your review.

I agree Stefano made bartending an art form. We ended up spending a lot more time in the Haven lounge than I thought we would because he was so entertaining. I think I have more pics of him making unusual drinks than I do of anything else. ;p His Smoking Old Fashioned was the most unique drink I have ever tried & the hammock drink was a lot of fun.

He made our group a drink that was two ounces of Crown, 1 ounce of Benedictine & a splash of Averna. He never told us the name of it so we are calling it the Stefano too! :D

Well if Stefano is the guy with glasses, I think he sucks as a bartender. I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea, and what I ended up getting tasted like crap. He obviously didn't know how to make it. The guy from the Philippines was much much better.

I agree Stefano did not make a great Long Island Iced Tea but all the other drinks he made for us were great!

Some general questions:

• Was the Noodle Restaurant open for lunch on boarding day?
  • During the voyage, do they serve lunch?
  • What else besides noodles do they serve?
  • Does the menu change daily?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Shanghai's was only open for dinner. It was open embarkation day.

The restaurant serves fried rice dishes too as well as standard Chinese restaurant appetizers.

The menu doesn't change.

Edited by Bonobochick
clarification

Hopefully on the St. Kitts day you were safely on board before the deluge arrived! I decided to head back out in the afternoon and ended up getting stuck out in it. There were a few drops following me as I made my way back to the ship, and it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately it grew super heavy very quickly. It was fun watching the Reflection sail away into the storm, with so many people out on their balconies in bath robes. Guess all those folks must have gotten as soaked as I did. I have to admit it was a little bit fun.

I got lucky. I was back from my excursion by then and shopping in the port mall when it hit. the shop owner where I was perusing for souvenirs let me use their super fast WiFi while I waited out the storm.

Hey all. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days but I got really frustrated with all of the website glitches. :mad:

I went to see my dad today and he was in great spirits. His brother came in from Florida to visit for a few days so it was nice to see my Uncle.

I hope to continue the review tomorrow.

Hey all. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days but I got really frustrated with all of the website glitches. :mad:

I went to see my dad today and he was in great spirits. His brother came in from Florida to visit for a few days so it was nice to see my Uncle.

Don't worry, we will all be here later. Take care of what is important and a cruise review is not that. Prayers and well wishes to your father.

Take your time! Glitches are really unexpected.

Hopefully on the St. Kitts day you were safely on board before the deluge arrived! I decided to head back out in the afternoon and ended up getting stuck out in it. There were a few drops following me as I made my way back to the ship, and it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately it grew super heavy very quickly. It was fun watching the Reflection sail away into the storm, with so many people out on their balconies in bath robes. Guess all those folks must have gotten as soaked as I did. I have to admit it was a little bit fun.

Yes we got lucky and beat the downpour. We were watching the Welcome Aboard party from our balcony when the rain started. They were so funny and started playing "It's Raining Men". But more on that when i get up to it. :D

I'm late to the review but I'm LOVING it - as I did your previous reviews.

I am sorry to hear about your dad - and by the way that you, your hubby, and your daughter are all dealing with your own health issues soon. I hope you all recover soon.

My last cruise was the Breakaway to Bermuda with my nephew. Not having kids of my own I didn't know how much fun traveling with a 10 yr old boy would be but we allll had a blast. Seeing your daughter having so much fun on a cruise made me less worried and now I want to cruise with my nephew from now on!

I also have a niece that's only 2 at the moment but I know that I will experience a cruise with her sometime in the future and I'm also looking forward to it.

Thanks for mentioning that the Escape is coming to NYC next year. I've only cruised out of NY and have already been on the Breakaway twice - which I love but I can't do that cruise Forever so I'm exciting they're switching out ships!

Thanks so much. I'm glad you are still enjoying my reviews. I'll keep doing them if you'll keep reading them. I understand about wanting to try another ship. We are doing Breakaway again in December. That will be the 4th time.

I really enjoy cruising with our daughter too.

More review coming up!

First off, your dad and family's health are in my prayers. You certainly are dealing with a full load right now!

Secondly, THANK YOU for this exceptional review. We head on the Getaway next Sunday and this is just what I needed to read this week.

I look forward to following!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Vicki! I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

We were on the January 15th cruise. I am really enjoying reliving our cruise through your review.

I agree Stefano made bartending an art form. We ended up spending a lot more time in the Haven lounge than I thought we would because he was so entertaining. I think I have more pics of him making unusual drinks than I do of anything else. ;p His Smoking Old Fashioned was the most unique drink I have ever tried & the hammock drink was a lot of fun.

He made our group a drink that was two ounces of Crown, 1 ounce of Benedictine & a splash of Averna. He never told us the name of it so we are calling it the Stefano too! :D

I agree Stefano did not make a great Long Island Iced Tea but all the other drinks he made for us were great!

I really hope to cruise with Stefano again. He's also a really terrific guy.

Some general questions:

• Was the Noodle Restaurant open for lunch on boarding day?
  • During the voyage, do they serve lunch?
  • What else besides noodles do they serve?
  • Does the menu change daily?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

The restaurant serves fried rice dishes too as well as standard Chinese restaurant appetizers.

The menu doesn't change.

Thanks for answering. We ordered room service from there once. (In a suite you can do that) It was really yummy.

I hope you're feeling better and am so sorry to hear about your MIL & Dad. Keeping him in my prayers.

I love this review it is so informative & fun. Thanks for the pics & taking the time to share it all with us, I eagerly wait for rest of the story ;)

Thanks so much. I've got lots of pictures coming up. :D

Don't worry, we will all be here later. Take care of what is important and a cruise review is not that. Prayers and well wishes to your father.

Thanks so much.

Take your time! Glitches are really unexpected.

Thank you. It was really aggravating.

I was going to start on St Kitts day but I was able to get my friends pictures that she took of our Barbados Beach Break excursion. I thought that you would like to see them.

FB_IMG_1487991978620_zpsipml35pm.jpg

Waiting to go on the excursion. We all met in the Theatre.

FB_IMG_1487991972160_zpsc6xzhbyl.jpg

FB_IMG_1487991923983_zpsai8ft5nf.jpg

FB_IMG_1487991927828_zpshpyhyxfu.jpg

FB_IMG_1487991982563_zps3rbqg2ds.jpg

FB_IMG_1487991949603_zpseiedfqkt.jpg

Thanks for answering. We ordered room service from there once. (In a suite you can do that) It was really yummy.

Originally posted by Bonobochick

The menu doesn't change.

Do you need to make reservations for Shanghai on line before sailing or can you just walk up and book a table?

MARAPRINCE