Table - like the website picture - in Haven Spa cabin

fdpevey

If you look at a picture of a Haven Spa cabin on the NCL website - specifically on Breakaway or Getaway - the picture of the cabin shows a cute little table and two chairs across from the whirlpool tub. Try a dummy booking, comes up every time.

Last year when we were actually in the Haven Spa cabin on Breakaway, however, there was an awful lounge/sofa there instead. The reason I say "awful" is the furniture had not real support in the cushions and was so close to the floor you could not sit on it and eat from the table. When you sat, your knees were above the seat of the lounge. For someone like me with hip issues, getting up from it was a challenge and actually aggravated my hip more. We finally had our steward bring in a real chair for me to sit in.

I would like to ask the pre-cruse concierge to move the sofa/lounge out and replace it with table/chairs as shown on the website. My husband says I would be wasting my breath.

Do you think this is worth asking?

I would definitely ask and tell them why. If it doesn't get done, ask when you board.

If you look at a picture of a Haven Spa cabin on the NCL website - specifically on Breakaway or Getaway - the picture of the cabin shows a cute little table and two chairs across from the whirlpool tub. Try a dummy booking, comes up every time.

Last year when we were actually in the Haven Spa cabin on Breakaway, however, there was an awful lounge/sofa there instead. The reason I say "awful" is the furniture had not real support in the cushions and was so close to the floor you could not sit on it and eat from the table. When you sat, your knees were above the seat of the lounge. For someone like me with hip issues, getting up from it was a challenge and actually aggravated my hip more. We finally had our steward bring in a real chair for me to sit in.

I would like to ask the pre-cruse concierge to move the sofa/lounge out and replace it with table/chairs as shown on the website. My husband says I would be wasting my breath.

You should insist that anything represented in any photo on the company website of on board amenities and activities be provided to you exactly as depicted.

I do the same when I dont find the young attractive people cavorting by the pool whenever I cruise. I force them to be flown in and visible to me because thats what I saw in a picture on the website. Clearly a misrepresentation.

You should insist that anything represented in any photo on the company website of on board amenities and activities be provided to you exactly as depicted.

I do the same when I dont find the young attractive people cavorting by the pool whenever I cruise. I force them to be flown in and visible to me because thats what I saw in a picture on the website. Clearly a misrepresentation.

there is a member on this forum that was paid to let her families picture by the pool be used in promotional literature. my guess is these are the attractive types you are speaking of.

Sigh. I'm not sure if this comment was meant to make me feel naive for providing a comparison to a picture on the website or just stupid for asking.

We were on the Getaway in 14740 and had a table and chairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Maybe it's a Getaway vs. Breakaway thing - or port versus starboard. We will be in 14736, so I will be hopeful.

NCL.COM:

"Stateroom images, square footage, and configurations are representative only. Actual accommodations may vary."

Sigh. I'm not sure if this comment was meant to make me feel naive for providing a comparison to a picture on the website or just stupid for asking.

never worry about asking a question! you just read over the jerkface comments that you dont like and never respond to them. some people dont realize everything you think doesnt have to be posted on the forum. also until they own or moderate this board, what they say doesnt go, so to speak:D

you can ask whatever you want. if you can bring water on board, if you can remove the service charges, or even about the bidding and upsell numbers. if people cannot overlook their own annoyance at your questions, that is on them. they didnt have to put finger to keypad to reply. no one forced them to.

just ignore em all. dont feed em

Does it have to do with the number of people the room holds? We were in a Haven Courtyard which had the couch thing, which converted to the bed for the 3rd person in the room. I don't know if the Haven Spa rooms only hold 2 or 3, but that could be the difference

Edited by hansolosmom

never worry about asking a question! you just read over the jerkface comments that you dont like and never respond to them. some people dont realize everything you think doesnt have to be posted on the forum. also until they own or moderate this board, what they say doesnt go, so to speak:D

you can ask whatever you want. if you can bring water on board, if you can remove the service charges, or even about the bidding and upsell numbers. if people cannot overlook their own annoyance at your questions, that is on them. they didnt have to put finger to keypad to reply. no one forced them to.

just ignore em all. dont feed em

You are so right. Very nice response. I sometimes will have a question and feel anxiety about asking it because what I have read in response to someone else's questions. I don't think that is the intended use of this forum. Bullies are going to Bully.

You are so right. Very nice response. I sometimes will have a question and feel anxiety about asking it because what I have read in response to someone else's questions. I don't think that is the intended use of this forum. Bullies are going to Bully.

have no fear. ask anything. before my 1st cruise i asked what is across the hallway from my room (didnt want crew doors opening and closing constantly)

you will have people tell you to use the search function and yes sometimes there are 1000 threads about water, but its how they tell you to use the search function that is telling of their true self.

I was in Spa Haven suite 14140 on the Breakaway and it had the table and chairs. When I first started researching the cabin I needed, most of the pictures I found were of the small couch.....further investigation I found more of the table and chairs. If I didn't have special needs for this cruise I wouldn't have given it much thought as most of the past cruises I have been on the cabins have been a bit different then the cruise line sites depict. What I found helpful is googling the cabin/ship and have found videos that people have posted of the cabin I was interested in. I am not sure if NCL would be willing to move furniture.

Don't worry about it, I think they were just having a little fun.

For anyone that has been on a cruise, after looking at the brochures, it's nothing like the brochures. Everyone on board is what you would find at your local mall.