Internet package question

Mike C

We're leaving in four days for fourteen nights on the Breakaway. I'll be using the internet only to check emails once or twice a day.

Is there an advantage to purchasing the internet package before sailing or do they offer any specials the first day on board.

Thanks,

Mike

We're leaving in four days for fourteen nights on the Breakaway. I'll be using the internet only to check emails once or twice a day.

Is there an advantage to purchasing the internet package before sailing or do they offer any specials the first day on board.

There is no advantage for advance purchase.

Go to the internet cafe when you get onboard. The manager can go over what plan will be best for you. If you are only checking your email twice per day, you won't need the unlimited internet package which is $24.99 per day and must be purchased for the entire cruise. You will be better off with a smaller plan. On Breakaway the plans are not by the minute, they are by MB.

25MB for $12, 1000MB for $125, plus other size plans in between.

These are the packages available on Breakaway

20170126_204639_zpsiwespzk6.jpg

It says the unlimited plan is $29.99 per day but on the longer cruises like you are going on, it is $24.99 per day. I don't know why they advertised it at the higher rate because we were only charged $24.99.

• 5 weeks later...

Leaving on the Breakaway on Sunday. Does anyone know if multiple phones/iPads can share the same unlimited package?

Also, on the NCL website, thee is a note that says the price is per day. I know this must be wrong but then when I went to pay it asked for a delivery day. Odd...

On the Breakaway now.

Only one device can be connected at a time. You must login and logout each time if you want to use one plan across multiple devices. I have successfully connected with my iPhone, tablet, and laptop. Make sure you logout when you are done.

The delivery date is just standard (like if you buy OBC, they ask what day you want it delivered, like a cake, or a bottle of wine!).

I'll try to leave the ship in good condition for you!

~ Nancy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Can I pay to upgrade to unlimited if I pay the difference between my Free at Sea perk and the unlimited price?

If so I can do it before I board or only when I'm onboard?

Last time on the Getaway we were able to upgrade, but I hear that is up to the Internet manager. Won't hurt to ask.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

The daily for the embarkation day may show different prices since this is a longer cruise. They will have some specials, etc.

Just doing email will not take much time. If you have to login and then read your email, it might be slower. We download all mail to our phone, etc - then log off and deal with it, then log back in.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CELLULAR DATA TURNED OFF.