Freedom vs. Navigator

Hello Cruise critic message board!

I am planning my family vacation for April and was wondering if you could help me make a decision between two Royal Carribean ships. I'm between Navigator (from Miami) and Freedom (from Fort Lauderdale).

Please help me with any pros and cons for both. The itinerary is below. As it stands, an inside on Navigator is $40 more than an inside on Freedom, but longer cruise by 1 day. I really want to know what will be best for my family that values good food, nice beaches, and fun experiences the most.

Navigator (9 days): 1) Labadee,Haiti 2) Willemstad, Curacao 3) Oranjestad, Aruba 4) Kralendijk, Bonaire

Freedom (8 days): 1) Labadee,Haiti 2) San Juan, Puerto Rico 3) Philipsburg, St. Maarten 4) Basseterre, St. Kitts

Which has a better itinerary? Is the Freedom that much nicer to warrant 1 less night?

Thanks!

Edited by oceantriumph

Just checked and flights would be around $200-$300 more to get to Miami for the dates rather than Fort Lauderdale. Is it still worth it?

You could fly into FLL and shuttle over to Miami for a lot less than that. I think it's still worth it.

That is a thought decision. We did the exact same cruise on freedom of the seas this past December and loved it, in fact loved it so much decided to book another cruise on navigator of the seas abc island cruise this March. I did get lots of good feedback on the abc islands. I will tell you we loved st kitts

We've been on Freedom twice and enjoyed it.

This time we are taking Navigator 4/14 to ABC's with our DD14. Navigator still has the same things (ice rink, flow rider, golf, climbing wall, promenade) as Freedom. We did AB as part of an 11 day last year and excited to take our daughter this time and see Curaçao this time too.

Longer cruise to better itinerary would be my pick!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Cruise critic message board!

I am planning my family vacation for April and was wondering if you could help me make a decision between two Royal Carribean ships. I'm between Navigator (from Miami) and Freedom (from Fort Lauderdale).

Please help me with any pros and cons for both. The itinerary is below. As it stands, an inside on Navigator is $40 more than an inside on Freedom, but longer cruise by 1 day. I really want to know what will be best for my family that values good food, nice beaches, and fun experiences the most.

Navigator (9 days): 1) Labadee,Haiti 2) Willemstad, Curacao 3) Oranjestad, Aruba 4) Kralendijk, Bonaire

Freedom (8 days): 1) Labadee,Haiti 2) San Juan, Puerto Rico 3) Philipsburg, St. Maarten 4) Basseterre, St. Kitts

Which has a better itinerary? Is the Freedom that much nicer to warrant 1 less night?

Thanks!

I'm fond of saying on here that this is a no lose situation. I have been on both ships and am getting ready to go on a cruise similar to the Navigator itinerary. This is truely no lose. I think Freedom is my favorite ship, but that close in price and the itinerary I'd pick navigator, but I would love either.

Just checked and flights would be around $200-$300 more to get to Miami for the dates rather than Fort Lauderdale. Is it still worth it?

Flights from Columbus are similar so I understand. I can't remember how many people are traveling with you. I've seen families fly to FLL and take a shuttle to the Miami area.

If you are traveling with a large group take the FLL cruise/flight and then sometime try the other one.

Ships, would choose Navigator over Freedom, service is better. Ports, not much to do in San Juan, doing the ABC in 2 weeks. Longer is always better. Only thing FLL has going for it, is the Luggage Valet service available for certain airlines. The sad thing is we have sometimes paid more for the flight than a 10 cruise for 2, even when booking flight from a major hub and using cheap travel site. Make sure all children are fully potty trained before cruising, as services and facilities are limited or not available. Took grand daughter on Freedom before fully trained, they would not let you use the splash zone. Also limited play areas for her as well. Her Mom had to do all activities with her. No supervised activities available.

I just want to begin with saying you can't go wrong with either option! Both ships are fantastic and you will have a great time on both of them. Been on both and loved them both.

However, I would definitely pick the Navigator in this situation for the extra day. Hands down, that would be my first choice. The Navigator cruise was one of my very favorite cruises. All the stars aligned for that cruise and everything went so smoothly. When we talk about our perfect cruise, it's always details from that cruise.

I would suggest flying into FLL and then take a private shuttle to Miami. We are doing the opposite of this in April. We got much cheaper flights flying into Miami instead of FLL even though we are cruising out of FLL.

Good luck deciding!