Vista Havana Pool

mindymariexxo

We were on the 2-11-17 sailing in a Havana Cabana balcony. No noise what so ever. There were only a few outside on the Balcony every time we went out there. I felt we used this area more so than any other private balcony in the past. It was nice. We felt the aft pool was our very own as no one was in it. I would put the pool at 78°f with my calibrated finger and my finger is always within 1° :) The hot tubs were used more so but we often would have one to ourselves. The public bar was never crowded , Maybe 10 people and that was when the band was playing. We never found ourselves looking for a place to lounge on sea days as typically 1/2 of the area was free. On the flip side. The public area was slammed. We only went there to check out the happenings and grab a bite. The Havana area was so peaceful we always retreated back. This area set the bar really high for us and we cannot imagine not having this room for future cruises. My only complaint was that there was no red frog IPA beer on tap and I had to walk 30 seconds down the side to get to the red frog pub. Yes life sucks sometimes.

We had a Havana Cabana Suite (5233) during the 2/25 sailing...The only issue for me was the water was too cold to get in, although it didn't stop most people.

We were on the 2-11-17 sailing in a Havana Cabana balcony... I would put the pool at 78°f with my calibrated finger and my finger is always within 1° :)

So, the water was OK on the 2/11 sailing, but too cold 2 weeks later? :confused:

So, the water was OK on the 2/11 sailing, but too cold 2 weeks later? :confused:

Everyone has a different threshold of what is too cold and what is not. It was too cold for me but as I said, that did not stop most.

Everyone has a different threshold of what is too cold and what is not. It was too cold for me but as I said, that did not stop most.
I fully understand...been in FLA in March when the locals are wearing insulated winter coats while the snowbirds are in shorts when it's 60 degrees.

That 30 second walk you had to get the Red Frog IPA must have really done you in though.:rolleyes:

Agreed, pool could have been warmer but once in it was fine. What you don't want to do is go into the hot tub first. If your basking in the sun and need to be refreshed 78° feels fine. In Mass the warmest the oceans ever get around Cape Cod is 78° during July. We keep our solar heated pool averaging 88° and we close it down once we cannot maintain 80°.

Right now just thinking about that fresh brewed IPA, I would walk 5 miles for a taste. That was really good beer. Fresh and unpasteurized is the way as the flavors are more pronounced. We're in the same room next Feb but for a 6 day this time. I couldn't take advantage of drink package for a 8 day but will do it for the first time for a 6. Especially with Coffee as part of it.

• 1 month later...
My only complaint was that there was no red frog IPA beer on tap and I had to walk 30 seconds down the side to get to the red frog pub. Yes life sucks sometimes.

Love this post. We just booked our first Havana cabin and immediately scouted out how far the Red Frog Pub was from us:)

My husband and I were on the Vista in November.,We had a Havana aft wrap cabin and loved it. We were on deck 7 and after 7 it did crowded. There were some issues with teenagers getting in the hot tubs and staying there for quite some time. Some of the ships security were called to ask them to please allow other guests to use the tubs. During the day, very nice. Also, we were not disturbed by the music from the band in the evening. We have already booked a cruise along with my son on the new Horizon for October 2018. We booked the aft wrap again but had to book deck 6. My son is on deck 5 in a Havana inside cabin. We are so looking forward to this cruise.

What Cabin on Deck 7?

We have 7459 booked.

I'm getting married on the Vista in August.. I hope it stays mostly empty. My wedding party has 11 cabins booked in the Havana area. It would be great for us to be able to relax all together without a lot of other people.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

What week This could be epic NJ meets NJ on the VistA

Eliminating the insides and suites leaves you with 3 choices. Either the lanai cabins which are on the sides of deck 5, the aft cabins or the corner wraps. The lanais do have a swing which I don't believe the aft or corners have, if I am mistaken, I'll be corrected. There are numerous videos available on YouTube. Because of the aft cabins being staggered, those above you can see a portion of your balcony.

We like the exclusivity of the area, so that is why we're booked in these, but in an inside for two upcoming Horizon sailings.

Depending upon your sailing choice, availability could be limited or non-existent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Eliminating the insides and suites leaves you with 3 choices. Either the lanai cabins which are on the sides of deck 5, the aft cabins or the corner wraps. The lanais do have a swing which I don't believe the aft or corners have, if I am mistaken, I'll be corrected. There are numerous videos available on YouTube. Because of the aft cabins being staggered, those above you can see a portion of your balcony.

We like the exclusivity of the area, so that is why we're booked in these, but in an inside for two upcoming Horizon sailings.

Depending upon your sailing choice, availability could be limited or non-existent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Thanks, we actually usually do suites. Looking at that & the aft corner wraps.

Thanks, we actually usually do suites. Looking at that & the aft corner wraps.
That does limit your choices to the four suites on deck 5 and the 2 corner wraps on 6 & 7. With only 8 choices, you'll probably need to book pretty far in advance. Here's a video about corner aft 6466.
Here's a video about suite # 5233

Got your message Anne. We ended up with 2 deluxe suites in Yacht Club, everything included plus $400 IBC per cabin. Worked out to a little over $200 more per cabin when we broke everything down. Have fun on Magic next week. Dee

Thank you all..Spoke to them today and they decided on MSC instead. Put the room info in my Carnival file for future reference. Safe sailings.

Got your message Anne. We ended up with 2 deluxe suites in Yacht Club, everything included plus $400 IBC per cabin. Worked out to a little over $200 more per cabin when we broke everything down. Have fun on Magic next week. Dee
Going on the Seaside?

I'm getting married on the Vista in August.. I hope it stays mostly empty. My wedding party has 11 cabins booked in the Havana area. It would be great for us to be able to relax all together without a lot of other people.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

what date is your wedding cruise in August TY

Were considering the Vista or Horizon for our honeymoon in 2018 and after seeing pictures of the Havana area I was thinking it might be worth it to splurge on a Havana Cabana or Havana Aft Balcony since it's our honeymoon. It might be nice to have a more private, upscale place that we could hang out by the pool during the day.

Can anyone who has upgraded to the Havana area let me know what your experience was like? Was it super crowded or super empty during the day? Did you feel it was worth the extra money? Did they have music and entertainment like the regular pool?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

My wife and I just got back yesterday from our 8-day Vista cruise. We had cabin 7456 (aft cabin) and really loved it. Super quiet with the door closed. Plus, you just feel special walking back into the Havana area. Carpeting is different, darker wood tones, really cool.

There is a latin band (made up of ship's entertainment staff) that play nightly. Usually goes to midnight or so. We could hear it ever so slightly in our room, but not a distraction. Not having a fan in the room like we do at home does make sleeping hard though!

We both noticed considerably more vibration, passageway doors slamming and other loud bangs (especially in the middle of the night) than on any other cruise we did before. Not sure why....housekeeping (they have a closed in that area), something going on below us, other passengers? This did contribute to our lack of sleep. Not sure if the Lanai cabins experienced the same.

The pool/jacuzzi was never crowded and we were always able to find a couple of loungers. Even at night, there were very few non-Havana guests back there.

Now, not to get flamed, but I've got to mention one HUGE thing that my wife and I found absolutely disgusting. There are a few red clamshell loungers (like Serenity has) on each side that will hold a couple of people. Some of the most inconsiderate and disgusting things happened in these. For example, we saw folks picking crap out of their toes...yuck, why there! The worst was was a large couple who needed to brush up on basic hygiene. We were heading down to layout and see a couple pair of disgusting feet sticking out from one of these and as we get closer, both the man and woman were laying on their sides with plates piled high with food and shoveling it in their mouths. Sorry if it offends anyone that thinks we're being judgemental, but we found it absolutely disgusting. Hey, if you want to eat like that, it's your body and you do what you want, but keep in mind you're still in public view.

Aside from that, we liked it. Bar service was good, but you have to go to the bar, they don't have someone who will take your order.

My wife and I just got back yesterday from our 8-day Vista cruise. We had cabin 7456 (aft cabin) and really loved it. Super quiet with the door closed. Plus, you just feel special walking back into the Havana area. Carpeting is different, darker wood tones, really cool.

You had my cabin that I was in March 19-25! I really did like it too [emoji4]