This didn't seem right - Divina Galaxy Disco

RC Dancers

We were on the December 30 Divina Cruise and after midnight, a lot of teens and it looked like pre-teens would come into the Galaxy disco un-supervised, some appeared to have alcoholic beverages.

The other cruise lines we have been on, have pretty tight security and age limits on their night clubs.

Are we alone in experiencing this? Was their something going on that we weren't aware of?

We were on the December 30 Divina Cruise and after midnight, a lot of teens and it looked like pre-teens would come into the Galaxy disco un-supervised, some appeared to have alcoholic beverages.

The other cruise lines we have been on, have pretty tight security and age limits on their night clubs.

Are we alone in experiencing this? Was their something going on that we weren't aware of?

I believe once you leave port, the drinking age is 18. So perhaps this is why?

The age limit in U.K. And think Europe is 18 to drink alcohol. It is difficult for some parents to get their over 18 year old kids to holiday in the States because of the drinking age.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

21 to drink alcohol in the states, but in some states 16 to own a gun. :confused:

As others have said in Europe the age is 18... however, according to the drinks package anyone under 21 on Caribbean departures must have the kids package (and that's from the UK site, where our drinking age is 18)

Perhaps they'd taken a parents cruise card?

21 to drink alcohol in the states, but in some states 16 to own a gun. :confused:

As others have said in Europe the age is 18... however, according to the drinks package anyone under 21 on Caribbean departures must have the kids package (and that's from the UK site, where our drinking age is 18)

Perhaps they'd taken a parents cruise card?

I just got my ticket today. We are going on Divina in two weeks :-) We have the all inclusive and our daughter who is 17, has the children all inclusive packet. On the children all inclusive they write this: This package can be sold only TO CHILDREN 3-17 YEARS who are part of

the group/family with package all-inclusive

There's an asterisk with some small print on the UK site, where it says

between 3 and 17 years of age (i.e. who have not yet reached their 18th birthday) or, between 3 and 20 years of age (i.e. who have not yet reached their 21st birthday) for the Caribbean departures), who must book the Child version of the package.

The older teen club usually meets in the disco - which is why there might be a lot of teenagers hanging around. If you are not sailing Caribbean they can be served alcohol after 18. A lot of the "mocktails" look like cocktails. I thought the bar staff were pretty good and didnt serve the kids alcohol at all. I cruise with teenagers and have never had a problem.

Security staff wear a plain suit and an ear piece - they blend in with the passengers very easily

Now you are telling me. And I thought those sharply dressed dudes were heading to MDR or doing photo shoot with the Captain on elegant night.

We don't worry about what teen do or don't that is MSC's problem.

There was clearly no security on the last morning of the cruise or if there was then they must of been elsewhere, I was disgusted to see a group blatantly walking around the 14th deck drunk as skunks and smoking a substance - this was at 530am. Sadly there was no one else around and by the time I did find someone I'd lost the group.