MDR 1st night dress code

hummingbird63

I know there have been 100's of questions regarding the dress code in the MDR, but I haven't seen any recently that addressed the dress attire the first night of the cruise. My husband and I typically make reservations in the steak house the first night but thought we'd change things up a bit. Are people more casual the first night given sail away isn't long before that? I enjoy dressing up nicely, but don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

Thanks

Sometimes people haven't received their luggage by dinner time, so the first night tends to be pretty casual. That being said, no one would object to you dressing up nicely. I generally feel better after showering and changing into something nice after a day of traveling and hanging out on deck!

Almost anything goes the first night in the dining room, as Carnival understands that some folks haven't even received their luggage yet, and might have to eat dinner in whatever they came aboard wearing. :cool: As a result, don't worry too much about your attire the first night.

If you make reservations at the steak house, you might want to ask them about dress code the first night,,,,but I'd bet it'll be relaxed as well.

"SKY"

Lots of people will look nice in the MDR on the first night.

Not sure what "dressing nicely" means to you but I doubt if anyone will be looking to see what you are wearing.

Now if you wore a long gown and your husband was in a tuxedo then you WOULD stand out!

Slacks and a nice top or even a little sundress would not be unusual. Will there be folks in shorts and t shirts , sure but who cares. Wear what makes you comfortable.

Lots of people will look nice in the MDR on the first night.

Not sure what "dressing nicely" means to you but I doubt if anyone will be looking to see what you are wearing.

Now if you wore a long gown and your husband was in a tuxedo then you WOULD stand out!

Slacks and a nice top or even a little sundress would not be unusual. Will there be folks in shorts and t shirts , sure but who cares. Wear what makes you comfortable.

Wouldn't that be a hoot if Carnival banned gowns and tuxes on the first night?!

My husband and I typically make reservations in the steak house the first night but thought we'd change things up a bit. Are people more casual the first night given sail away isn't long before that? I enjoy dressing up nicely, but don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

Dress up the nicest way you want.