Get what you pay for? RCL vs MSC

failteromhat

Was really leaning towards RCL as it has so much entertainment for the kids. I just wasnt massively thrilled with any of their itineraries though, and they're priced on the higher end of things.

I picked up another brochure for MSC and the itinerary looks amazing 12 different places on a Caribbean cruise. Sounds wonderful. .And their price is very low in comparison. almost half of RCL. I take it there's a reason for this?

What are people's opinions of MSC?

Those large RCI ships with so many entertainment choices are very expensive to build, operate and maintain. And, they are very popular. So, supply and demand.

They charge what they charge because they can, and people will come. That is why they have built even more of them.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Prices are low on MSC because they are still trying to draw North American customers to their product. And it is a different product from the usual North American focused cruise. The clientele is very international, so the entertainment is all music, no comedy. And it is very good music. Not to everyone's taste. We like to cruise, and we like a bargain, so we like MSC. EM

No matter what your choice is, go for the biggest, nicest cabin/suite you can afford. Really people do spend a lot of time in the cabin or suite. You get many more service items, and other things you have to pay for in a reg cabin. But like it said, you get what you pay for.......