What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I need help here why is everyone wanting a room in the Haven is it really that good for all that money? I am a single traveler and I enjoyed my mid ship balcony room how could the Haven improve on it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

It was not that I partially wanted a haven cabin, I wanted a two bedroom. When I booked there were no two bedrooms available EXCEPT the haven, which was out of my price range. I am traveling with someone who snores, and even earplugs sometimes do not help (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't). Heck, I have been known to snore before too!. If we had a two bedroom, snoring would no longer be an issue. Since we are on the ship for ten days, I wanted to make it the best I could.

If I had gotten the two bedroom suite, I would not even have looked at a haven upsell.

When I am a single traveler, I love NCL solo cabins, so being in a balcony would be great to me.

But to try to answer your question - the haven gives you access to more secluded area (pool, hot tub, place to eat) that being in a suite does not. It gives you access to a lot of other stuff, but that is the main difference from the suite category to the haven category (at least for me, I'm sure others can point out more difference)

Woo-hoo... our upgrade advantage bid just got accepted!

Details (for what it's worth): H4 on the Breakaway for $1360 pp. We submitted the bid this morning after seeing haven cabins available on the cruisesonly website (our sailing had been sold out for a while). Our total bid was less than half of what we would've had to additionally pay based on the total cost of our original cabin and what it was listed for today. The bid was just on the borderline of "fair".

On a different note, we'd submitted minimum bids several weeks ago for the Haven forward and courtyard penthouses.

So long story, long. Not necessarily a steal, but nice splurge at a slight discount.

Congratulations! That's exciting.

When is your cruise? I'm trying to gauge the time a bid is usually accepted.

Woo-hoo... our upgrade advantage bid just got accepted!

Details (for what it's worth): H4 on the Breakaway for $1360 pp. We submitted the bid this morning after seeing haven cabins available on the cruisesonly website (our sailing had been sold out for a while). Our total bid was less than half of what we would've had to additionally pay based on the total cost of our original cabin and what it was listed for today. The bid was just on the borderline of "fair".

On a different note, we'd submitted minimum bids several weeks ago for the Haven forward and courtyard penthouses.

So long story, long. Not necessarily a steal, but nice splurge at a slight discount.

Looks like a modification in process. Received my upgrade email soon after I booked (late Jan for 3/12 cruise) and placed bids. Today when I signed onto My NCL the home screen says "Let's Get You Upgraded" with a link to the bid page. Not sure if this will be active on everyone's screen at some point in the process, and is in addition to or replacement of the email system. Just FYI if anyone's interested.

Looks like a modification in process. Received my upgrade email soon after I booked (late Jan for 3/12 cruise) and placed bids. Today when I signed onto My NCL the home screen says "Let's Get You Upgraded" with a link to the bid page. Not sure if this will be active on everyone's screen at some point in the process, and is in addition to or replacement of the email system. Just FYI if anyone's interested.

I see this now as well. I wonder if everyone sees this or just people who were sent the email.

I see this now as well. I wonder if everyone sees this or just people who were sent the email.

we're 79 days out, I logged in and saw the upgrade as well. you can't miss it. I haven't gotten an email yet. By making this available in the web portal and via email notification I bet they get more people bidding instead of just those that would call the upgrade fairy.

Where does it tell you if your bid is "poor"/"fair"?

When looking at the upgrade it just gives me a bar to slide to increase or decrease my bid but no feedback as mentioned by some previous posters. I am accessing from mobile so not sure if that may be it.

I'm currently booked in an OA cabin. Thinking about bidding for a mini-suite near the bottom of the scale because we're not super invested in an upgrade but it would be nice to have the couch/balcony/larger bathroom if we could get it for not much additional cost.

The mobile site has the bar as you mentioned. The website has the scale.

When looking at the upgrade it just gives me a bar to slide to increase or decrease my bid but no feedback as mentioned by some previous posters. I am accessing from mobile so not sure if that may be it.

I'm currently booked in an OA cabin. Thinking about bidding for a mini-suite near the bottom of the scale because we're not super invested in an upgrade but it would be nice to have the couch/balcony/larger bathroom if we could get it for not much additional cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It must be bc its being done on a mobile bc the same thing happened to me. But when i went on laptop to lower my bid, i saw the "meter" with the different levels.

Sorry, I thought I deleted the redact on the price... $1000... high-poor range if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know how many Aft balconies there were left on your cruise? I have that same bid on an aft Balcony for the BA and there are 7 balconies left still.