What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

We are sailing the Escape April 1st, and have bid on a balcony from an mid-ship inside. Have been keeping a keen eye on the availability, and see that there are still over 40 balcony cabins still available. Does anyone know if this is a high level of availability with being 18 days out from "go time". Prices don't seem to have dropped either .

Wow. So $974 pp total after upgrade. Awesome! Congrats! We paid more for our June Boston/Bermuda OV Cabin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! That makes me feel better. It seemed like a lot to bid. We were also able to bid on a mini suite, but every time I looked it showed them sold out. I didnt figure that was going to happen. We kept out drink package, but didn't get any other promos. We are happy and counting down the days!

We bid $365 per person, but we booked over a year ago and had a really good rate on the inside, $609 per person. We are happy! :)

You definitely got a deal. I paid more than that for our mini in May on the Dawn! Congratulations! Enjoy your cruise............

Hi. I am going on the Pearl on April 3rd. There are most categories of cabins still available. I have an oceanview room but would LOVE a balcony. How do you go about bidding? Do you get a email? If so, does anyone know how to get on the email list? Thanks! Really appreciate your help.

Hi. I am going on the Pearl on April 3rd. There are most categories of cabins still available. I have an oceanview room but would LOVE a balcony. How do you go about bidding? Do you get a email? If so, does anyone know how to get on the email list? Thanks! Really appreciate your help.

It's my understanding that the only ships that have the bidding program are: Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway and Pride of America. However NCL has an upsell department for their other ships. You will have to call and speak to someone in that department. Good Luck

It's my understanding that the only ships that have the bidding program are: Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway and Pride of America. However NCL has an upsell department for their other ships. You will have to call and speak to someone in that department. Good Luck

This is actually incorrect, it is being rolled out to the entire fleet and people have confirmed on a couple of jewel class and the dawn that they can bid. The thing is it does not start until 80 days out. When you hit 80 days log into ncl.com and your page will have a big ad about upgrading, click it and bid.

If your ship is participating, NCL will email passengers with an invitation to bid. The program is called Upgrade Advantage. Some CC members reported that the email offer went to their junk mail.

If you booked through a travel agent, it's possible that the agent/agency is not participating in the program.

There are quite a few CC threads about this topic. Search for "Upgrade Advantage" or "Upgrade Bid."

Here's one to get you started: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2404812&page=14

Hope this helps!

~Leslie

This is actually incorrect, it is being rolled out to the entire fleet and people have confirmed on a couple of jewel class and the dawn that they can bid. The thing is it does not start until 80 days out. When you hit 80 days log into ncl.com and your page will have a big ad about upgrading, click it and bid.

Yep, we're sailing on the Star April 23, but I didn't get the Upgrade ad on My NCL until 45 days out. Never got an email!

2 bids pending *fingers crossed*

Well I figured this bid war would drive the prices of suites way up.

Everyone that thought this is correct.

If you final cost of your cruise is not at least between $5000 to $6000 during peak season you will not get your bid. Friends on my ship that were in that $ amount won there suite

All the lower bids lost. so everyone that keep saying I have my fingers crossed and there cruise cost under the 5k to 6k with the bid included will be out of luck.

NCL made sure of this when they started displaying it is time to upgrade on everyone's home page when they logged into the site.

now the folks that did not have a clue before are all informed.

Well I figured this bid war would drive the prices of suites way up.

Everyone that thought this is correct.

If you final cost of your cruise is not at least between $5000 to $6000 during peak season you will not get your bid. Friends on my ship that were in that $ amount won there suite

All the lower bids lost. so everyone that keep saying I have my fingers crossed and there cruise cost under the 5k to 6k with the bid included will be out of luck.

NCL made sure of this when they started displaying it is time to upgrade on everyone's home page when they logged into the site.

now the folks that did not have a clue before are all informed.

That is the whole purpose of the "bidding" war. People aren't doing the math before they put in their bid and grossly overbidding especially since the only perks you get are the ones you currently have!! NCL is still playing games on available rooms/suites showing on their website that they are sold out but really not. On our trip NCL has pulled the week of 21-28th of May off with the impression they are completely booked but yet the week of 17-24 May, same ship different embarking ports they show available rooms. They even have pulled the upbid email that was sent which had my upbid amount with no explanation, figure that one out:mad:

That is the whole purpose of the "bidding" war. People aren't doing the math before they put in their bid and grossly overbidding especially since the only perks you get are the ones you currently have!! NCL is still playing games on available rooms/suites showing on their website that they are sold out but really not. On our trip NCL has pulled the week of 21-28th of May off with the impression they are completely booked but yet the week of 17-24 May, same ship different embarking ports they show available rooms. They even have pulled the upbid email that was sent which had my upbid amount with no explanation, figure that one out:mad:

How could your email be pulled? I just looked for the old one.

How could your email be pulled? I just looked for the old one.

The original email came through the NCL website and I just looked again today and that upbid email is gone as well as the ability to review my bid. Figure that out?

The original email came through the NCL website and I just looked again today and that upbid email is gone as well as the ability to review my bid. Figure that out?

Did it not come through your personal email address too? I had the banner when I logged in, that is gone, but the email is still active.

Not sure which ship you are looking at or what route, but when NCL brought back the option to embark on the same ship during a cruise already in process, they didn't show the suites as being available at the other embarkation ports the many times I had looked. So for example, if the ship sailed from Barcelona as the main port and stopped to embark at say Rome and Malta, they never had suites available at those other ports when checking on NCL.com. Maybe you could call and get one, not sure.

Another poster suggested this and it works for me (although I have my original email offer)...

In your browser start typing upgrade.plusegrade and see if the link comes up on the pull down menu and click on that.

Let us know if it works for you :)

Did it not come through your personal email address too? I had the banner when I logged in, that is gone, but the email is still active.

No I never received the upbid offer through my personal email, it only came through the NCL website. I know it's strange, my wife received the offer through her personal email and she forwarded the offer to me thinking that I hadn't received. I think I'll try to find her email and see if I can get into the link and see what happens.

Another poster suggested this and it works for me (although I have my original email offer)...

In your browser start typing upgrade.plusegrade and see if the link comes up on the pull down menu and click on that.

Let us know if it works for you :)

It did pull up once I started typing, it only showed the one that I bid on and not the other two (had a total of 3 to pick). But where is this saved, not on my NCL logon page

There was a link when I looked at my bid that brought me to the other. When you bring it up, click on change your bid.

I did, and made like I was going to change my bid and saved but it didn't reappear anywhere. Maybe I need to speak to someone at tech support at NCL, this will be fun:o