What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

UK traveller booked directly with NCL but no email received? Is this just for US residents? Tried to called up sell department but they would talk to be because I booked in GBP?!?!

Any one outside of the US and Canada had success with new approach?

Sailing on the Breakaway in 3 weeks.

Thanks.

Do you know how many Aft balconies there were left on your cruise? I have that same bid on an aft Balcony for the BA and there are 7 balconies left still.

There were 4 left when I looked this past Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you booked in UK Pounds then sadly you wont be offered the upgrade bidding system as only available to those who paid in $$. I am from the UK and enquired hence been told we don't qualify :(

If you booked in UK Pounds then sadly you wont be offered the upgrade bidding system as only available to those who paid in $$. I am from the UK and enquired hence been told we don't qualify :(

Seems a little unfair, so no way to even attempt to get an upgrade....

We were on the 1/28 Escape sailing and just got off the ship today. We initially booked a mid-ship mini suite. Around 80 or so days out we received an email to place bids on the Haven suites. They give you the option to bid 2 categories above what you initially booked. We initially bid $500 per person for the H5, H6, and H7 suites. A week before the cruise we still hadn't heard anything so we upped our bids to $650 per person- we really wanted the Haven! 3 days before sailing we received confirmation our bid was accepted for the H7. It was an amazing trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How can you change your bid?

It seems a lot unfair to me why are we treated differently ?

I think there are different consumer laws regarding travel in different countries, so you might enjoy some travel protections, etc. in the UK that we don't in the US. That might also seem unfair to those of us in the US, and maybe offsets your inability to get the upgrade bids. Too bad we all can't have everything!

So out of curiosity, has anybody received an accepted upsell offer more than 3 days before sailing? I'm waiting on pins and needles to see if our upsell is accepted for our May 21st sailing, lol.

Same here. We leave this Saturday. Looks like boat sold out. So not holding my breath. But. Never know. Stranger things have happened. Lol

Until I get regret email. I'm holding out hope!!!

Good luck!! Fingers crossed for you!

Same here. We leave this Saturday. Looks like boat sold out. So not holding my breath. But. Never know. Stranger things have happened. Lol

Until I get regret email. I'm holding out hope!!!

So out of curiosity, has anybody received an accepted upsell offer more than 3 days before sailing? I'm waiting on pins and needles to see if our upsell is accepted for our May 21st sailing, lol.

We have been hearing that some get accepted to Haven about a week ahead of time or so. Upsells to lesser categories seem to be closer to sailing date. I think that if they accept your offer weeks ahead of time you probably overbid and they're afraid you will pull the offer;)

Totally makes sense. Thanks for your input!

We have been hearing that some get accepted to Haven about a week ahead of time or so. Upsells to lesser categories seem to be closer to sailing date. I think that if they accept your offer weeks ahead of time you probably overbid and they're afraid you will pull the offer;)

I got mine (inside to balcony) 3 weeks before.

We received the upgrade offer and submitted it today. We are 31

days out on POA. First time we booked an inside cabin due to the ports. but I was questioning that decision when the offer came in. So now we sit and wait

4 days until the cruise!😀

We bid on a Haven room, and also on a mini suite. The cruise looks sold out, but we will find out for sure on Thursday.

Either way, we will have a great time. I will post as soon as I hear if we get and upgrade or not...

• Like 1

I got mine (inside to balcony) 3 weeks before.

Would you mind telling us what you bid was for the inside to balcony upwell? We are sailing on June 9 on the Dawn to Bermuda. Have an outside and would love to nab a balcony.

I am just reading this, and curious. I didn't receive any option to bid for an upgraded room. My cruise is 4/22/17, I have an inside room. Does everyone get this email to upgrade? I booked through Expedia.

I just received a notification today for an upgrade, sailing 4/23/17. I didn't receive it via to my normal email (gmail acct.) though. when I logged in to ncl.com under my account / reservation it was there.

4 days until the cruise![emoji3]

We bid on a Haven room, and also on a mini suite. The cruise looks sold out, but we will find out for sure on Thursday.

Either way, we will have a great time. I will post as soon as I hear if we get and upgrade or not...

Best of luck in receiving your upgrade! Am sure you will have a great cruise regardless!

Would you mind telling us what you bid was for the inside to balcony upwell? We are sailing on June 9 on the Dawn to Bermuda. Have an outside and would love to nab a balcony.

It's nothing personal but I think I'm going to keep that to my self for now. The way I look at it is if it's common knowledge what bids are being excepted then everyone will be bidding that price which would lead to NCL only excepting higher bids. It would be a viscous cycle of increasing prices. I will tell you it was above the minimum tho.