What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

that is what I currently have for a bid on an april cruise but I am thinking of bumping it up a bit in hopes to snag a balcony from an inside

Check out the availability on NCL (do mock booking). I repeated this over about a 4 day period, and on day 4 (yesterday) I got the upgrade. There were approx. 40plus balconies available up until yesterday. Really glad we are mid ship too :)

Check out the availability on NCL (do mock booking). I repeated this over about a 4 day period, and on day 4 (yesterday) I got the upgrade. There were approx. 40plus balconies available up until yesterday. Really glad we are mid ship too :)

Excellent info, details & tips for those of us considering or bidding ... curious & important also, as you were watching the bid offers, what was the needle on the meter showing, poor, fair, or good. TIA.

Ship is showing lots of Oceanviews available and still some Balconies, prices hardly dropping at 30+ days now on the GEM.

Excellent info, details & tips for those of us considering or bidding ... curious & important also, as you were watching the bid offers, what was the needle on the meter showing, poor, fair, or good. TIA.

Ship is showing lots of Oceanviews available and still some Balconies, prices hardly dropping at 30+ days now on the GEM.

Meter never changed through the whole time from initial bid to acceptance (it was high "poor" rating)

Meter never changed through the whole time from initial bid to acceptance (it was high "poor" rating)
Excellent & thanks. BTW, congrats for scoring on the upgrade to sail this weekend, enjoy !!

Our friends next door has a good midship Inside, deck 9 near the AFT elevator and would be happy to score an Oceanview ... natural lights, slightly more spacious for a nominal upcharge. Counted still about 50+ OV available but NCL still can sell them - the meter is at high "poor" area. Min. bid is $25 for OV and $50 for Balcony - friend's bid are higher but similar to yours ... will see whether the offer is accepted or not in a few weeks.

Breakaway sailing a week earlier is doing the same run/ports and prices are lowered (more staterooms) and it's at the tail end of school/spring break for the area.

Excellent & thanks. BTW, congrats for scoring on the upgrade to sail this weekend, enjoy !!

Our friends next door has a good midship Inside, deck 9 near the AFT elevator and would be happy to score an Oceanview ... natural lights, slightly more spacious for a nominal upcharge. Counted still about 50+ OV available but NCL still can sell them - the meter is at high "poor" area. Min. bid is $25 for OV and $50 for Balcony - friend's bid are higher but similar to yours ... will see whether the offer is accepted or not in a few weeks.

Breakaway sailing a week earlier is doing the same run/ports and prices are lowered (more staterooms) and it's at the tail end of school/spring break for the area.

Thank you, and really looking forward to this, our first cruise. Good luck with you and your friends bids :D

Just off the Getaway (3/26). We received an email that our bid to move from an OV to a mini-suite was accepted three days before the sailing. We bid $85 pp and ended up in a family mini-suite on deck 12 mid-ship. It was just the two of us, so I would have preferred a regular mini-suite with the shower stall and no tub. The tub sucks for tall people when showering. Still, a nice upgrade. Seems like most of the bids happen 72 -- 48 hours before sailing. No need to bid early?

Enjoy!

Kel

When I posted my bid I took in account what I paid for inside 749 ppl at the time I booked much higher now. I took in account the 2nd perk like the dinning for 81 ppl. Balcony were going for 1249 to 1299 ppl. I paid 1024 for a family balcony add in the 81 ppl for dining and I'm at approx 1100pp. Well under the going rate.. Keep in mind what you willing to pay. At the time I booked we weren't looking at a balcony due to the fact we have a aft balcony booked on epic.

I felt I did ok for my first time and my first cruise.

yes got it. Midship balcony to midship mini-suite very happy. All that for a large shower ahahahah

Congrats! Was $100 pp the minimum or did you bump it up a bit?

Trying to decide how low to go! Don't sail until April 23, but appears to be a lot of balcony and minisuite inventory left (currently in obstructed ocean view).

Currently booked in a BC catagory balcony, It is an angled balcony cabin which we were lucky to get. So I was considering an upgrade to a mini suite. Is a min suite worth giving up my angled balcony? just curious before I submit upgrade request.

Thanks WCR

I checked everyday for the last two weeks how many mini-suites left and write all the stateroom numbers. To my surprise the one i got was never on my list. So what you see as mocking a booking is not what you get. They seems to keep some rooms not in the booking system

I checked everyday for the last two weeks how many mini-suites left and write all the stateroom numbers. To my surprise the one i got was never on my list. So what you see as mocking a booking is not what you get. They seems to keep some rooms not in the booking system

The system does not display all available rooms. It displays up to 15 of the rooms it considers the "best" in the cabin class.

I hope this holds true for me. I am hoping for a haven that can hold 4 people but a "mock" booking is only showing 1 left for 4/2 sailing on the Getaway now. Hoping they have a few stashed away.

Currently booked in a BC catagory balcony, It is an angled balcony cabin which we were lucky to get. So I was considering an upgrade to a mini suite. Is a min suite worth giving up my angled balcony? just curious before I submit upgrade request.

Thanks WCR

We're in an angled balcony, good location, and can't see "upgrading" to a mini suite with a possible tiny balcony and a skinny tub. Nope, we'll stay put unless they drop the price for Haven spa WAY down from current starting point. That balcony is really something compared to most.

I hope this holds true for me. I am hoping for a haven that can hold 4 people but a "mock" booking is only showing 1 left for 4/2 sailing on the Getaway now. Hoping they have a few stashed away.

The most staterooms I saw in each mini-suite category was never 15, it starts at 9 at the most (that was two weeks ago) the category i have been upgraded to starts at 8 at stay like that for a while. Then it went down to 6 a week ago, then 4 since last sunday. Those four were still available tuesday morning, but the stateroom number that i have in the MA category was never shown available since two weeks.

I hope i can explain myself good as english is not my first kanguage. I'm french canadian :)

I payed 1.700 dollars for a studio on 3rd June for the Escape. Maybe because I booked from Brazil we have to pay more. Who knows? I wish for an upgrade or bid, but I didn't receive any email. I heard studios are not eligible for bidding? I only dream about a balcony. But since it's only 2 categories above...

The most staterooms I saw in each mini-suite category was never 15, it starts at 9 at the most (that was two weeks ago) the category i have been upgraded to starts at 8 at stay like that for a while. Then it went down to 6 a week ago, then 4 since last sunday. Those four were still available tuesday morning, but the stateroom number that i have in the MA category was never shown available since two weeks.

I hope i can explain myself good as english is not my first kanguage. I'm french canadian :)

Probably, a cabin that someone "upgraded" to a higher category as you upgraded to their cabin.

My sailing is still 6 weeks away but I watch cabin inventory daily:o We are in an Aft Balcony on the Escape and today it shows they are sold out. I put a low bid in on an aft PH (H6) and a fwd PH (H7) in a mock booking it shows 3 and 4 available for the PH's. Now I am considering upping my bid a little:D

Hello how do you check cabin inventory thank you?

Are those who booked well in advance the only ones who get invitations to bid? We booked yesterday in a spa mini-suite leaving in 39 days, and factored in difference in price between our cabin and the Haven ones. I wouldn't mind throwing in my hat and taking a chance on a bid.