What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Just got e-mail confirm. Scored an upgrade 10 days before sailing. Inside Stateroom to Mid-Ship Balcony. Bid lowest amount showing on the "Fair" scale. WooHoo!

Congrats for a lucky winner [emoji106]

Have a nice cruise [emoji41]

Congratulation s and enjoy, please can you tell me what is the lowest you can bud and how is it scaled? We have mid ship inside cabin for for booked not till August our cruise but insides been fully booked fir months and just seen outsides booked as well, price for balcony high, we decided to book inside due to cost always done balcony or mini suite on Eouc but good prices, wondered if chance ncreses if all lower priced cabins gone early. Thanks

At first I was only willing to bid $100pp. I looked at the scale and the lowest amount on the "Fair offer" scale was $135pp. So I went with that. I do not know if my thinking is correct but I reckon that most ships get most of the inside staterooms booked early especially with first time cruisers. That limits supply. The balcony and larger rooms may not book as fast. If they get a good portion of the inside staterooms booked, they can always upgrade those guys. This allows them to low ball inside staterooms as the cruising date gets closer, filling those up. They then end up with a fuller ship. Not completely sure if that logic holds up, but I'm going with it anyway.;);)

Thank you for sharing that information, my daughter booked upgrade last Easter when we were on the Epic but it wasn't a auction bid then. She moved from a mini suite to two bed haven suite it was lovely and great for them with the xhildren. I will keep eye out nearer our cruise. Did they email you with availability or did you just keep checking?

For those who have been lucky and won their bids, how far out were you notified and when did you receive your email notification? During the week (M-F) or weekend? Was it during working hours 9-5 or otherwise??? Just trying to limit my obsessive checking of the email 😜

For those who have been lucky and won their bids, how far out were you notified and when did you receive your email notification? During the week (M-F) or weekend? Was it during working hours 9-5 or otherwise??? Just trying to limit my obsessive checking of the email [emoji12]

Lol. I found out on a Thursday at about noon for a Sunday sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Except that booking a haven room directly - not bidding for an upgrade - still carries much better perks. No tips, specialty dining for every meal each day, shore credits (if you didn't pick that to begin with), internet etc.

You are getting more for the increased price of a direct booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that really true?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is that really true?

Meh. I'm booked directly in a Haven suite and it was great to book directly when you got beverage package for ALL but now it's just first 2 ppl. 3 nights of specialty dining for 2 ppl. For us bidding is too much of a risk as we travel with my aunt and uncle who won't go unless it's the Haven. For most people it's worth the gamble bidding unless it's haven or bust.

Meh. I'm booked directly in a Haven suite and it was great to book directly when you got beverage package for ALL but now it's just first 2 ppl. 3 nights of specialty dining for 2 ppl. For us bidding is too much of a risk as we travel with my aunt and uncle who won't go unless it's the Haven. For most people it's worth the gamble bidding unless it's haven or bust.

So if you bid and get it at the lowest possible price(which is rare) your paying about $300-400 less pp than if you booked direct.... but you don't get all the perks that come with booking direct. Is it worth it? Just tried calling to ask exactly what perks comes with the Haven when booking direct and she didn't seem to know.

So if you bid and get it at the lowest possible price(which is rare) your paying about $300-400 less pp than if you booked direct.... but you don't get all the perks that come with booking direct. Is it worth it? Just tried calling to ask exactly what perks comes with the Haven when booking direct and she didn't seem to know.

Well spoke to another rep and since we currently have the specialty dining and beverage package she said the only thing we wouldn't receive if we upgrade to Haven through bidding is shore excursion credit and internet. The previous lady said we wouldn't get butler service, and couple other things ..the last lady said that's not true....geez!! Lol

Banker dude, we are on the same cruise and I made the same bid as you. They are still showing 16 balconies available, so maybe it will happen for us too.

Some of y U said you received an email and your bid wasn't accepted. Did you actually receive a an email to that effect? I wasn't sure if that would be the case, or just no news, is sad news.

Banker dude, we are on the same cruise and I made the same bid as you. They are still showing 16 balconies available, so maybe it will happen for us too.

Some of y U said you received an email and your bid wasn't accepted. Did you actually receive a an email to that effect? I wasn't sure if that would be the case, or just no news, is sad news.

We are also on the same cruise, we are now in a balcony GTY, we bid on 2 of the 6 options offered, we haven't heard anything yet, our offers are still showing as pending. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you, hope you hit the NCL lottery.

Sailing on the Gem on April 18th. Just got an email that our bid was accepted right after getting a CC alert that our card was charged. Went from inside to balcony.

Congrats! I am on the same cruise and waiting....

Anyone else on this cruise hear yet?

Are the older ships (Star, Sun and Dawn) on the new bidding system?

I am getting on the Dawn on the 23 of April and just got the offer to bid on the 6th. I did not get an email it was on my ncl page and I just had to go to my in box to see the offers and decide to place the bids or not.

Sailing on Escape April 29, booked BA. Have pending bids on H5 and H9, although at this point their website shows H9s sold out. Have never done anything like The Haven before so really hoping we get this!

Be careful what you wish for - we upgraded to Haven on Breakaway on 1/29 (before the bidding process) and now - we can NEVER go back to a regular balcony and dining. We were blown away and already booked Haven for 2/2 cruise and paid PLENTY. That's how much we loved it.

Be careful what you wish for - we upgraded to Haven on Breakaway on 1/29 (before the bidding process) and now - we can NEVER go back to a regular balcony and dining. We were blown away and already booked Haven for 2/2 cruise and paid PLENTY. That's how much we loved it.

I agree 100%%%%

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats! I am on the same cruise and waiting....

Anyone else on this cruise hear yet?

DH says that from early this morning till just after we got the email, 6 deck nine balconies were gone and 6 deck eight balconies replaced them. He followed this daily and said only 3 (B2) balconies went in the last few days (all BA's went since last week). Since they only display 15 at a time, there may be plenty B2's left. Good luck.

This is my offer

I bid the minimum on both I didn't get a response yet hoping I do ...I'm on the epic leaving in march I'm in a haven penthouse aft ..

bc178fd436d2d735e832a63a5347e4a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi. Thanks for sharing this. I was curious how this would work for people already booked in the Haven. We're booked in a H5 in November on the NCL Pearl and we're hoping to get an offer to bid on an H2 or H3. Based on what others have posted on other threads, they were being asked for a minimum bid of $500 pp for and H5, H6 or H7 and $750 pp for an H2 or H3. Having already paid for my H5 suite, I would not bid $750 pp for and H2 or H3 because the cost difference is not significant enough for me to want to place a bid. The starting bids you posted are more reasonable.

Did you bid and did you win? If so, if you don't mind, what was your winning bid? I'm trying to get a feel for what would be a reasonable bid.

Cheers!