What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Am still waiting to hear on our 4/16 dawn sailing. I checked the availability and there were 60 BA and 25 B3 along with a scattering of other balcony nines fr a total of 90 total balconies available. I do not check on NCLs site, but on a TA site that seems to show all the cabins available. It is much easier to navigate than the NCL site so that's my go to spot for checking on inventory. Before you ask, I can't tell your u the guy's name due to CCs rules of engagement. But I would if I could.

This is a great thread. Look forward to posting a positive outcome soon.

I've only booked through TAs to take advantage of on board credits. Is there a reason outside of bidding on rooms to book directly through NCL?

You will get an email after your booked. As long as you are booking directly with NCL. Some travel agents participate but it doesn't seem like many.

You will need to be originally booked in a balcony or higher to be offered haven for bidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are those who booked well in advance the only ones who get invitations to bid? We booked yesterday in a spa mini-suite leaving in 39 days, and factored in difference in price between our cabin and the Haven ones. I wouldn't mind throwing in my hat and taking a chance on a bid.

No, we booked a Haven H6 about 3 weeks prior to sailing and were upgraded to H3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just won 100 per person from inside to balcony! Pretty happy.

1991 Premier Cruise Lines "Oceanic"

1992 Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress

2003 Carnival Fascination

2003 Carnival Fantasy

2010 Carnival Imagination

2014 Carnival Glory

2014 Carnival Sunshine

2015 Carnival Sensation

2015 NCL Getaway

2015 NCL Getaway

2016 Carnival Fantasy

2016 NCL Jade

Just got my upgrade from MB Mid-Ship Mini Suite to H5 Courtyard Penthouse. We're on the 4/9 Spring Break sailing of the Breakaway (sailing in 11 days, woohoo!). The ship has been almost sold out for the last few weeks. A bunch of rooms opened up yesterday and today the ship was totally sold out, so I think they were moving rooms around for the upgrades. I received the email at 4:10pm. My bid was in the low fair range.

Just got my upgrade from MB Mid-Ship Mini Suite to H5 Courtyard Penthouse. We're on the 4/9 Spring Break sailing of the Breakaway (sailing in 11 days, woohoo!). The ship has been almost sold out for the last few weeks. A bunch of rooms opened up yesterday and today the ship was totally sold out, so I think they were moving rooms around for the upgrades. I received the email at 4:10pm. My bid was in the low fair range.

Wow. Congrats! This is what I have bid for for a different cruise

next week. How many H5s showed available before all this happened?

Edited by cruisinQ

I just won 100 per person from inside to balcony! Pretty happy.

1991 Premier Cruise Lines "Oceanic"

2003 Carnival Fascination

2003 Carnival Fantasy

2010 Carnival Imagination

2014 Carnival Glory

2014 Carnival Sunshine

2015 Carnival Sensation

2015 NCL Getaway

2015 NCL Getaway

2016 Carnival Fantasy

2016 NCL Jade

..hate to sound stupid..but that is 100 per person for entire cruise..right?

Wow. Congrats! This is what I have bid for for next week. How many H5s showed available before all this happened?

There were 10 H5s and 2 H7s yesterday morning (according to a travel site--NCL was showing the entire ship as sold out).

Sending upgrade magic your way!! :D

I wonder how they chose who gets to bid

I asked my NCL rep this the other day. She said that someone that has sailed with NCL before would be more likely than a first-timer to get an email to bid on better cabin. She said it is not impossible but it depends on how many cabins are unsold when it gets closer to the date I sail.

I booked an inside on the Epic for me and my husband. I REALLY want to get a balcony room but not for $600 more. I'm keeping a close eye on the prices and will also keep my fingers crossed that I MIGHT get an opportunity to bid on one.

I've only booked through TAs to take advantage of on board credits. Is there a reason outside of bidding on rooms to book directly through NCL?

Booking through a TA doesn't necessarily exclude you from bidding. Some TA's choose not to participate but not all of them. Check with your TA..............

So I have a question, we had a guarantee balcony and they assigned us a family balcony after we booked, so I was wondering since I've never been on an NCL cruise should I be bidding for a mini suite or is it worth it? We are just two people, and if it's a little bit bigger we wouldn't mind and I understand the bathroom may be a little larger. Also putting in a bid for the penthouse which I would love if we get the parks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I have a question, we had a guarantee balcony and they assigned us a family balcony after we booked, so I was wondering since I've never been on an NCL cruise should I be bidding for a mini suite or is it worth it? We are just two people, and if it's a little bit bigger we wouldn't mind and I understand the bathroom may be a little larger. Also putting in a bid for the penthouse which I would love if we get the parks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you can, the Haven would be your best bet. You would keep the perks that you had with your original cabin, but will get Haven amenities.

Ahhh, so I don't get any perks because I didn't book with any. So is penthouse on the Gem considered Haven? Just says penthouse with large balcony SE and SF categories. I don't really think it is...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Sorry, not sure how to post with this thing lol

Ahhh, so I don't get any perks because I didn't book with any. So is penthouse on the Gem considered Haven? Just says penthouse with large balcony SE and SF categories. I don't really think it is...

Oh, I don't think the Gem has a Haven. I don't know where to go then, I only know Haven.

There is a Haven on the Gem. The "S" categories are just regular suites. I received my upsell notice today for our 4/18 Gem cruise. We are currently booked in a 2 bedroom suite and are hoping for an upgrade to a Haven. The higher end of the scale is more than if I just paid outright for the Haven! Does anyone know if I have an advantage in them accepting my bid since I am already in a suite

The first letter in the category designates what kind of room. You are currently in a category that starts with the letter B for balcony. The SF and SE are in the suite category. In order to have Haven access you room category needs to start with and "H". On the Gem that would be anywhere between and H1 to H5. Yes there is a Haven on the Gem. That would be the private 14th floor. Suites are an amazing experience but the Haven is like a cruise within a cruise. You forget you are on a large cruise ship when you are up on a floor that has only 12 rooms. There are only 18 rooms on the entire ship that have Haven access on the Gem.

Oh, I don't think the Gem has a Haven. I don't know where to go then, I only know Haven.

Gem has a Haven. Not as big on the new ships, but the Jewel Class ships all have a Haven. They also have suites outside the Haven.

There is a Haven on the Gem. The "S" categories are just regular suites. I received my upsell notice today for our 4/18 Gem cruise. We are currently booked in a 2 bedroom suite and are hoping for an upgrade to a Haven. The higher end of the scale is more than if I just paid outright for the Haven��! Does anyone know if I have an advantage in them accepting my bid since I am already in a suite

Based on a couple postings here, I've seen that too that the going rate from one category to another is less than the bid range.

There is a Haven on the Gem. The "S" categories are just regular suites. I received my upsell notice today for our 4/18 Gem cruise. We are currently booked in a 2 bedroom suite and are hoping for an upgrade to a Haven. The higher end of the scale is more than if I just paid outright for the Haven! Does anyone know if I have an advantage in them accepting my bid since I am already in a suite

Yes, going from a regular suite to the Haven is like night and day. It is truly a special experience with loads of amenities. If the luxury factor is important to you then bid on Haven.