What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Hi. Thanks for sharing this. I was curious how this would work for people already booked in the Haven. We're booked in a H5 in November on the NCL Pearl and we're hoping to get an offer to bid on an H2 or H3. Based on what others have posted on other threads, they were being asked for a minimum bid of $500 pp for and H5, H6 or H7 and $750 pp for an H2 or H3. Having already paid for my H5 suite, I would not bid $750 pp for and H2 or H3 because the cost difference is not significant enough for me to want to place a bid. The starting bids you posted are more reasonable.

Did you bid and did you win? If so, if you don't mind, what was your winning bid? I'm trying to get a feel for what would be a reasonable bid.

Cheers!

We were in an H4 on the Escape for a 7 day E. Caribbean cruise. Got the offer to bid on H2 and H3. The minimum was $750 for either one. However, they were all listed as sold out well in advance, so I'm not sure of the point? We have a July cruise to Alaska coming up and I'm hoping to be able to bid on an upgrade there, too. However, it too is showing everything above us a sold out. Once you are in the Haven, I doubt ever going back. In fact, we have only been in suites on NCL (the original one was accidental---we had a 2 week cruise tour booked, then my son was accepted to grad school and we only had 1 week to vacation, so our TA used the total 2 week cruise price to get a Haven suite.), which has really spoiled us for other lines!

Good luck with your bidding!

We received the upgrade offer and submitted it today. We are 31

days out on POA. First time we booked an inside cabin due to the ports. but I was questioning that decision when the offer came in. So now we sit and wait

How much did you bid?!?!?! I am trying to do just this.

Well this is interesting. As a good, diligent bidder, I have been checking NCL.com for inventory (sailing on the Star out of Venice on April 23). For whatever reason, NCL.com will not even show my cruise - at least not on my desktop, iPhone, or iPad (yes, I tried all 3). I searched a random TA (Travelocity, I think), and it still pops up showing the same inventory (at least 15 balconies) as NCL.com was showing last week.

Wonder why it won't pop up? Even if NCL.com was saying it was sold out, wouldn't it at least show up and then be marked as sold out? Who knows!

Would love to hear about our bids tomorrow (10 day out mark) - read on here where someone heard within the 10 day mark, ha!

Well this is interesting. As a good, diligent bidder, I have been checking NCL.com for inventory (sailing on the Star out of Venice on April 23). For whatever reason, NCL.com will not even show my cruise - at least not on my desktop, iPhone, or iPad (yes, I tried all 3). I searched a random TA (Travelocity, I think), and it still pops up showing the same inventory (at least 15 balconies) as NCL.com was showing last week.

Wonder why it won't pop up? Even if NCL.com was saying it was sold out, wouldn't it at least show up and then be marked as sold out? Who knows!

Would love to hear about our bids tomorrow (10 day out mark) - read on here where someone heard within the 10 day mark, ha!

Hi I'm not bidding as I'm from the UK,

I noticed today that our Star 14th May sailing is completely sold out. Yesterday there were lots of cabins available.

I've been watching prices so I can upgrade.

Help needed!!! I called my TA, and can upgrade, not bid, from an inside to a balcony on the Getaway April 23 for total of $150. My question is, do I lose the UBP perk , keep it, or get 2 perks?

Ask your TA....

Help needed!!! I called my TA, and can upgrade, not bid, from an inside to a balcony on the Getaway April 23 for total of $150. My question is, do I lose the UBP perk , keep it, or get 2 perks?

I would verity with your TA but since it isn't a bid I would think you would be entitled to two perks of which your UBP is one. Your TA needs to call NCL for 100% assurance of perks.

We did an upgrade just like you are trying to do. As long as it is an upgrade you will get whatever perks are in place right now but you loose all the perks from your old room. We did this not even a week ago and that is how it worked for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Anyone sailing on the Epic out of Barcelona this Friday? We placed bids on 5 Haven rooms and all were declined. Our bids were on the high end so I'm curious to know what others bid!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked your sailing (because I don't have much to do at work right now and it's what I do) and looks like everything is pretty much sold out. Your itinerary is one that I've wanted to do, so I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless! ;)