What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

We are split between two cabins. Can I bit for a two bedroom suite, which would fit all of us? Or would those in the second cabin have to stay where they are? Hope this makes sense. In other words can you trade in two cabins for one?

No. The upgrade bids are per person by cabin. So you'd bid X amount per person for the chance to upgrade from your current cabin to another cabin. If there are two people in your cabin, then you're bidding based on double occupancy.

No. The upgrade bids are per person by cabin. So you'd bid X amount per person for the chance to upgrade from your current cabin to another cabin. If there are two people in your cabin, then you're bidding based on double occupancy.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Just sailed on the Star April 23-30 (still coping with post-vacation blues).

We received the email rejecting our bids at exactly 48 hours before sail away (email came in while at airport waiting to fly to Italy)!

We had booked obstructed ocean view which included 2 free at sea perks.

Bid on balcony ($155 pp for balcony) and mini-suite ($160 pp for minisuite). The balcony bid was in the low fair zone and the minisuite bid was in high poor zone.

Bummed at first when we got the rejections, but once we got into our room (obstructed view located between 2 lifeboats, so, ended up being a GREAT view), we were actually happy our room stayed the same bc of the location on deck 8. Didn't have to wait for slow elevators to get where we needed to go, O'Sheeans was just down the hall, etc. Plus, saved the $$!

Good luck to all:)

Just got my rejection email. I'd bid $1250pp for an H6. We already have a B1, so I didn't bid on any other Haven since we wanted the aft. I should add that we sail Getaway this Sunday.

Wow. I guess my thoughts of bidding up to an H6 from a B1 in October on Escape are dashed. As I am not going to bid anywhere close to that much more when the time comes. Thanks for the info.

I need some suggestions. Cruising 5/28/17 on Breakaway. Paid $919 for guaranteed oceanview OX, got an OB oceanview (selling for $1049).

But now, I see that prices for a guaranteed oceanview only costs $799 to book now, and guaranteed balcony only cost $929. I tried calling them for a free upgrade or any amenities, and they rejected. Should I bother bidding the minimum $25 per balcony room and risk getting a worse off balcony location than my current OB oceanview room on the 5th deck?

Also, do balcony rooms only come with one large bed? I am traveling with my mom and I think I prefer to sleep on separate beds.

Just got our upgrade email for Breakaway next week. We were in a mini suite. We bid $705 CDN (each) to upgrade to the Haven courtyard penthouse with balcony (H5). I am shocked that they accepted it. It was in the poor range on their 'bid-o-meter' but a lot of other people on my roll call are saying they also got upgraded today, so perhaps the ship isn't very full. I fear this will ruin us for ever sailing in non-Haven cabins if we like NCL - this is our first time with them.

Thanks so much! I'll be watching for one. Does it come close to cruises time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Normally you will receive the offer about 80 days from sailing, you can upgrade up to two levels from your current booking.

We just received our notification that we are upgraded from a min-suite to a H-4 Haven leaving on the 21st. I didn't really think we would be notified this far out in advance, but we are happy. Are bid was on the upper in of poor on the meter and really didn't know what to expect. The cruise was supposed to have completely booked but that tell you not to believe everything NCL wants you to believe. Good Luck to everyone else that are in the bidding process...

Congratulations!! What ship? We leave the 21st on the Breakaway and anxiously awaiting our bit notification haha.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw on your signature you're going on the Epic. Enjoy!!!

We just received our notification that we are upgraded from a min-suite to a H-4 Haven leaving on the 21st. I didn't really think we would be notified this far out in advance, but we are happy. Are bid was on the upper in of poor on the meter and really didn't know what to expect. The cruise was supposed to have completely booked but that tell you not to believe everything NCL wants you to believe. Good Luck to everyone else that are in the bidding process...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by JC5240

Just got our upgrade email for Breakaway next week. We were in a mini suite. We bid $705 CDN (each) to upgrade to the Haven courtyard penthouse with balcony (H5). I am shocked that they accepted it. It was in the poor range on their 'bid-o-meter' but a lot of other people on my roll call are saying they also got upgraded today, so perhaps the ship isn't very full. I fear this will ruin us for ever sailing in non-Haven cabins if we like NCL - this is our first time with them.

Congrats! We sail May 13 on Escape and are hoping for the same upgrade at $705

I need some suggestions. Cruising 5/28/17 on Breakaway. Paid $919 for guaranteed oceanview OX, got an OB oceanview (selling for $1049).

But now, I see that prices for a guaranteed oceanview only costs $799 to book now, and guaranteed balcony only cost $929. I tried calling them for a free upgrade or any amenities, and they rejected. Should I bother bidding the minimum $25 per balcony room and risk getting a worse off balcony location than my current OB oceanview room on the 5th deck?

Also, do balcony rooms only come with one large bed? I am traveling with my mom and I think I prefer to sleep on separate beds.

I can't help you decide if you should bid or not. You won't be able to choose your deck or proximity to elevators, etc. if you win your bid, if those are important to you.

But, I can tell you the bed in the balcony separates into twins. Do it all the time. Just tell your cabin steward or leave a note before evening turndown.

I have a question... we are silver level and couple going with us are new to cruising..will they also get a chance to upgrade? We would like to stay fairly close so we're able to help them if needed. Is this doable?

Do you mind me asking where you are sailing from? We will be sailing on the Epic, departing from Rome on May 24 (but the ship also boards guests in Barcelona on May 21). I'm wondering if we'll be on the same ship - because that may mean that we'll be hearing if our bid was accepted soon!

Do you mind me asking where you are sailing from? We will be sailing on the Epic, departing from Rome on May 24 (but the ship also boards guests in Barcelona on May 21). I'm wondering if we'll be on the same ship - because that may mean that we'll be hearing if our bid was accepted soon!

We are boarding from Barcelona 3days earlier then you, yes the Epic. Good luck to you

Leaving Sunday and just won my upgrade. I had a BX (100.00 upgrade from a comped inside,) I bid on a mini suite $85.00 and just got a mini with large balcony on deck 8 forward. Cant wait for hubby to see the size of that balcony and bathroom,

I have a question... we are silver level and couple going with us are new to cruising..will they also get a chance to upgrade? We would like to stay fairly close so we're able to help them if needed. Is this doable?

As long as they booked through NCL or a TA that is enrolled in the program, they should also get the upgrade advantage offer. However, if a bid is accepted, a cabin is assigned with no imput from you. So, the odds of them still being close to your cabin if one or both of you upgrade are slim.

Leaving Sunday and just won my upgrade. I had a BX (100.00 upgrade from a comped inside,) I bid on a mini suite $85.00 and just got a mini with large balcony on deck 8 forward. Cant wait for hubby to see the size of that balcony and bathroom,

How did you get a BX upgraded from an inside for $100? We booked through CAS on the Dawn and were comped an oceanview but it still cost us $400 to go to a balcony.:confused:

Thanks so much! I'll be watching for one. Does it come close to cruises time?

If you log into "My NCL" on the website it will also prompt you to bid once it is an option

How did you get a BX upgraded from an inside for $100? We booked through CAS on the Dawn and were comped an oceanview but it still cost us $400 to go to a balcony.:confused:

I guess I have a great pcc at cas. was 300.00 for a balcony mid ship and only 100.00 for the bx when I booked in March.

When I look at the cruise we're booked on, many categories are shown as sold out, yet my upgrade link is allowing me to bid on these very same categories. Why is that? If it's sold out, how realistic is this bidding process anyway?

When I look at the cruise we're booked on, many categories are shown as sold out, yet my upgrade link is allowing me to bid on these very same categories. Why is that? If it's sold out, how realistic is this bidding process anyway?

NCL may be think some of the sold out category customers may upgrade thus freeing up cabins.