What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Congrats! We're at 11 days out for Escape, so much stress ;p
Thanks and good luck to all waiting, bid with and not over your heads & stay within the comfort zone.

T minus 9 days, 1 accepted and 2 to go, 48 hours later - still no words on the bids for balconies. Found out that one of my BIL/SIL & her sis late booked, so two different bids/offers for the balconies, both borderline on poor to fair ... interesting case study. Others on Roll Call aiming a bit higher & not hearing from anyone as of this moment. The Advantage matrix being played out as - the only categories close to selling out are "Insides" except for the GTY's. Several sub-categories within OV still available including GTY. Absurd prices, this late for the timeline for suites & Haven - IMO for new booking.

Each sailing/ship/itinerary is different on sales and upgrades ... perhaps these data can help some of you in figuring out your own game plan.

For a good & laugh, my BIL booked via an established local TA and was told, to upgrade via them (TA) would be $1,000 ... LOL (and, not for a suite or higher either). "They are fired !!"

We had an inside room booked for the Escape for 4/22/17 I initially bid 70$ pp, but was rejected (never got an email) I signed on, and saw it was asking if I wanted to bid again, so about 10 days prior to sailing I bid $80 pp, and no confirmation email, just signed on yesterday to see my room was changed, deck 15, aft balcony!

We had an inside room booked for the Escape for 4/22/17 I initially bid 70$ pp, but was rejected (never got an email) I signed on, and saw it was asking if I wanted to bid again, so about 10 days prior to sailing I bid $80 pp, and no confirmation email, just signed on yesterday to see my room was changed, deck 15, aft balcony!

Congrats! I enjoy reading these posts, gives me a bit of encouragement!

I received the upgrade offer for June Getaway sailing. We are currently in aft balcony. Besides haven, can also put in a bid on mini-suite. But the only mini-suite costing more than the aft balcony is the aft mini. If I bid on the mini might I end up with a mini-suite that is cheaper than what I paid for aft balcony? Sure would not want to put an offer in and down grade myself! Cannot find an answer to this! Thanks for any info

I have one of the aft balcony cabins on an upcoming cruise as well. If I get an upgrade offer I would probably only put in for the Aft haven suite. There are only 2 aft mini suites from what I've seen on the breakaway class ships and they are handicap accessible. I personally would not want to be put into one of those. You also "could" get a mini with large balcony, but I would not risk losing the aft for the chance to get one of those. As another poster said, it is really a balcony room with a bath.

Congrats! So jealous! We sail Sunday, and both bids are still showing as "pending!" Ahh. Need to print my documents as we head to airport hotel tonight to fly out tomorrow for Italy! Quite the adrenaline rush ha!

Just got a balcony upgrade from ocean view obstructed on the POA 4/29/17 sailing. We bid the highest $300 a piece because my sister really wanted the balcony. To upgrade before bidding would have been $550 a piece, so not too bad.

I also bid the minimum $300 on family obstructed view and $400 for 2 bd suite and one larger suite. Did not expect to get.

It is my sister's first time to Hawaii so we went all the way. If me and DH, probably would not bid the max.

Found out from credit card email. Then went to NCL website and got our new cabin number.

Just got a balcony upgrade from ocean view obstructed on the POA 4/29/17 sailing. We bid the highest $300 a piece because my sister really wanted the balcony. To upgrade before bidding would have been $550 a piece, so not too bad.

I also bid the minimum $300 on family obstructed view and $400 for 2 bd suite and one larger suite. Did not expect to get.

It is my sister's first time to Hawaii so we went all the way. If me and DH, probably would not bid the max.

Found out from credit card email. Then went to NCL website and got our new cabin number.

Congrats and thanks for posting! I'm still trying to be patient about my 04/29 bids....

I got an opportunity to upgrade from H3 Haven to H1 or H2...but according to my sailing in June both of those cabins are sold out...I'm not going to minimum offers another $800 per person for the H2. Think I've spent enough...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just received my offer for our July 9 sailing. We already booked an H4 and I made a minimum bid for H1. I suspect winning the upgrade will depend on if someone bids up to my room in a sufficient manner to bump us up. Now for the 80 day wait. It's going to be rough because I think I'll make it a surprise to my family if we wind up winning.

I got an opportunity to upgrade from H3 Haven to H1 or H2...but according to my sailing in June both of those cabins are sold out...I'm not going to minimum offers another $800 per person for the H2. Think I've spent enough...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. We're in an H5 on the Pearl for a 9-day sailing after Thanksgiving. We are hoping to get an incredible offer to upgrade to an H3 or H2. If the minimum offer is $800 for an H3...we're not going to bid either. That would mean $1600 for the both of us which is only a $400 if we were to book an H3 originally. That is not worth it.

We booked a Haven Courtyard Penthouse suite (only 2 available on the Pearl) so we're happy with our choice. Like you, we paid a premium for our Haven suite since there are only 2 of these suites available. NCL will have to give me a great offer to have me bid. If we did upgrade and we won, NCL would be able to get the extra $1k or more pp from someone that wants to experience the Haven H5 suite for 9 days.

We're still 7 months out so I'm just reading what others are offering and / or what they paid for their offers.

We're in an H3 for our June sailing. Got the offer to bid for an H2 and an H1 For the heck of it, I made the minimum offer for each. Don't think I'll get either and am happy with my H3!

If you dont mind me asking, what were the minimum bids that NCL was asking? We're booked in an H4 in November and we're trying to gauge what a fair bid might be if be receive an invite to bid.

Sailing 4/23 on Breakaway to Bermuda. Booked Oceanview OA cabin. Bid $50/pp for balcony upgrade and $100/pp for mini-suite upgrade. Both in poor range both rejected.

We are leaving today also on the BA/ We originally had an aft balcony and bid minimum on a haven spa suite and got it !!

If you dont mind me asking, what were the minimum bids that NCL was asking? We're booked in an H4 in November and we're trying to gauge what a fair bid might be if be receive an invite to bid.

$1000 for the H1 and $750 for the H2.

I'm a first time NCL cruiser with a silly question. I received my invitation to bid, and did place a bid. However, every time I log in the welcome screen still says "Submit an offer" and "Click here to get started". When I follow the link it does say "review your bid" and I can see that the amount is there. Does it always read as if you haven't made an offer until it's accepted or rejected? I was also quite surprised to receive it so early since we were still 80 days out when I first received the email.

I'm a first time NCL cruiser with a silly question. I received my invitation to bid, and did place a bid. However, every time I log in the welcome screen still says "Submit an offer" and "Click here to get started". When I follow the link it does say "review your bid" and I can see that the amount is there. Does it always read as if you haven't made an offer until it's accepted or rejected? I was also quite surprised to receive it so early since we were still 80 days out when I first received the email.

Its there so you can modify or cancel your bid easily, I would think.

We got ours at 80 days and yes my login in page does the same and it still says review. I did however receive a confirmation email that outlined our bid amount.