What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

There is a Haven on the Gem. The "S" categories are just regular suites. I received my upsell notice today for our 4/18 Gem cruise. We are currently booked in a 2 bedroom suite and are hoping for an upgrade to a Haven. The higher end of the scale is more than if I just paid outright for the Haven��! Does anyone know if I have an advantage in them accepting my bid since I am already in a suite

Contemplating a bid. What are the differences in amenities between a S suite and a Havens suite.

Contemplating a bid. What are the differences in amenities between a S suite and a Havens suite.

Same perks except no access to the actual Haven area. Butler, Concierge, breakfast and lunch in specialty restaurant, vip embarkation and disembarkation, free in room movies, free room service...I probably missed a few. I personally don't think access to Haven is worth all that much more. The one time we had a Haven suite we used the haven once!:eek:

Same perks except no access to the actual Haven area. Butler, Concierge, breakfast and lunch in specialty restaurant, vip embarkation and disembarkation, free in room movies, free room service...I probably missed a few. I personally don't think access to Haven is worth all that much more. The one time we had a Haven suite we used the haven once!:eek:

Oh, so in my case it wouldn't be worth bidding on a mini-suite just go right to bid on a penthouse suite from the family balcony what do you think?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Oh, so in my case it wouldn't be worth bidding on a mini-suite just go right to bid on a penthouse suite from the family balcony what do you think?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Don't bother with the mini-unless you just want the nicer bathroom. Its just a tiny bit larger than balcony cabin and Im not sure if its larger than family balcony! Go for the penthouse.

Don't bother with the mini-unless you just want the nicer bathroom. Its just a tiny bit larger than balcony cabin and Im not sure if its larger than family balcony! Go for the penthouse.

Hmm, maybe just the bid minimum for the mini, since we got the balcony for a pretty fair price, and also go for the penthouse and see where it goes :confused: just thinking.......

Hmm, maybe just the bid minimum for the mini, since we got the balcony for a pretty fair price, and also go for the penthouse and see where it goes :confused: just thinking.......

If you are happy with your balcony cabin go for the ph-you won't be disappointed:D

Hello Friends -

This new upsell strategy is interesting. On our last cruise (December 2016), we had booked a Haven H4 (2 family) and when we called to see if an upsell was available (we were travelling with in-laws and grandparents and were thinking about consolidating all 3 cabins together with an owner's suite + penthouse), we were told "You are already in the Haven... you can't upgrade".

Not that we are greedy, but I was a little miffed that anyone EXCEPT those previously booked into the Haven could bid to upgrade. No biggie in the grand scheme of the universe.

So, imagine my surprise that for our June 18th Breakaway sailing, just today I recieved an upsell offer for an H2, H3 and H4 from our H5 Haven penthouse.

I'm curious what the minimum bid for those already not in the Haven is...for us, then minimum per person was 600$ (H4) and 750$ (H2 / H3)...more than I am willing to pay as I got a great deal on our room (I book a year in advance thhroughh an amazing agent...prices usually never drop lower than what I pay due to his diligence). DH would not want me wasting any more money as our H5 gets us everything we love about the Haven minus a 2nd room / bathroom.

Problem is...once you go Haven you cannot go back to "the real world" as you get spoiled rotten, but I cannot stop fantasizing about those Owner's suites. Damn you NCL marketing department!:evilsmile:

Hello Friends -

This new upsell strategy is interesting. On our last cruise (December 2016), we had booked a Haven H4 (2 family) and when we called to see if an upsell was available (we were travelling with in-laws and grandparents and were thinking about consolidating all 3 cabins together with an owner's suite + penthouse), we were told "You are already in the Haven... you can't upgrade".

Not that we are greedy, but I was a little miffed that anyone EXCEPT those previously booked into the Haven could bid to upgrade. No biggie in the grand scheme of the universe.

So, imagine my surprise that for our June 18th Breakaway sailing, just today I recieved an upsell offer for an H2, H3 and H4 from our H5 Haven penthouse.

I'm curious what the minimum bid for those already not in the Haven is...for us, then minimum per person was 600$ (H4) and 750$ (H2 / H3)...more than I am willing to pay as I got a great deal on our room (I book a year in advance thhroughh an amazing agent...prices usually never drop lower than what I pay due to his diligence). DH would not want me wasting any more money as our H5 gets us everything we love about the Haven minus a 2nd room / bathroom.

Problem is...once you go Haven you cannot go back to "the real world" as you get spoiled rotten, but I cannot stop fantasizing about those Owner's suites. Damn you NCL marketing department!:evilsmile:

This isn't going to help, but I am actually in an Owners suite right now, at least until tomorrow. The views, space and decor are AMAZING!

We bid to upgrade from H6 to H3

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I noticed on my cruise in less than two months all the insides are sold out. Also a good amount of the ocean views. There are still at least 35 balconies and 46 suites unsold. I found this strange this close to sailing. ? Related to the new bidding process. Who knows. Just find it strange that everyone is booking insides this cruise.

A comment and a question...

We're a family of four. In the past I've taken several Haven Upsells. I always cautioned many on putting the telephone number etc out to the masses. There was always an Upsell available. We cruise on Breakaway class. So we're leaving later this month. This was the first exposure to the bid process. Well, all 4 person rooms except a couple 2bdrm and owners suite are sold out. Months ago I put in a strong bid. About 2000 more than upsell prices previously. I'm here to tell you that NCL has been successful on turning he tables on us the consumer and now fills these cabins at almost full price. A good thing is gone. I can't help to feel that we here are somewhat to blame, myself included for drumming up so much attention to the upsell that they realized they could leverage the demand and play all of us against each other for maximum revenue. Smart business people. Having said that two weeks ago I purchased a rear balcony for full price. They're all gone now and soon I believe the 2bdrm will be as well or darn close. It's true after Haven they've got you locked. Just as an FYI MSC has a Haven equivalent (in some ways more to offer) and a great ship and more new megas on the way here to the US. MSC cost for their Yacht Club experience and suites is far less than NCL.

That being said, we would like to put a bid in for the Owners Suite or 2bdrm. Problem is my old Balcony room upgrade is still current. I cancelled the bids. The lowest bid for the 2bdrm is 1000$ per person and if I did that I'd pay more than retail! Is there a way to get a new bid sheet for our Haven booked room with lower and more sensible minimum bids?

I also heard that they may be (let me rephrase, they most definitely are) holding Haven rooms back out of availability to create the illusion of lower supply for greater demand for people like me who see dwindling rooms for 4 and I pull the trigger out of fear of losing the whole experience. That's from a very reliable source btw.

Is there a medical term for Haven Addiction?

Currently booked in a midship balcony. What will my upgrade bidding options be if I get the email? Able to bid on aft balcony or spa balcony? Or are the only options guaranteed mini, and individual haven categories? Thanks for the help.

We are sailing soon and joking around with my TA about a week ago, I asked her to call to see how much it would cost us to upgrade from our current suite to the Garden Villa (because that would be like, a fantasy right?!)...And we laughed when she told me it would be an extra $7K. A few days later we got an email offering an upgrade to the GV for between $1-$3Kpp. Even if we placed the highest bid we wouldn't meet the retail cost of the GV for our sailing. We placed a bid...The rest remains to be seen. We would not be losing out on much as far as extra perks. We don't need that many bottles of liquor for a 12 night cruise, but the private deck space and the ability to essentially have a private cruise experience sounds great to me! Definitely worth that relatively small increase in price to us. I know there are people who would call us crazy, but hey...we were already paying a high price for the suite we booked. If it's meant to be, it will be.

Currently booked in a midship balcony. What will my upgrade bidding options be if I get the email? Able to bid on aft balcony or spa balcony? Or are the only options guaranteed mini, and individual haven categories? Thanks for the help.

Gty minisuite and Havens by category.

We are sailing soon and joking around with my TA about a week ago, I asked her to call to see how much it would cost us to upgrade from our current suite to the Garden Villa (because that would be like, a fantasy right?!)...And we laughed when she told me it would be an extra $7K. A few days later we got an email offering an upgrade to the GV for between $1-$3Kpp. Even if we placed the highest bid we wouldn't meet the retail cost of the GV for our sailing. We placed a bid...The rest remains to be seen. We would not be losing out on much as far as extra perks. We don't need that many bottles of liquor for a 12 night cruise, but the private deck space and the ability to essentially have a private cruise experience sounds great to me! Definitely worth that relatively small increase in price to us. I know there are people who would call us crazy, but hey...we were already paying a high price for the suite we booked. If it's meant to be, it will be.

It definitely can happen if the GV is still available and you offer the highest bid. Let us know! We bid and won one of the Owners Suites on this cruise.

Similar situation here. We are in an H-3 on the Gem. Received the upgrade e-mail for the H-2 and the H-1 (Garden Villa). The range for the GV started at $1000pp. Weirdly though, neither of those suites show available if you do a mock booking. We put in a bid just for fun, but don't really expect anything. Just figured if somehow we did get it, it would be a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

Similar situation here. We are in an H-3 on the Gem. Received the upgrade e-mail for the H-2 and the H-1 (Garden Villa). The range for the GV started at $1000pp. Weirdly though, neither of those suites show available if you do a mock booking. We put in a bid just for fun, but don't really expect anything. Just figured if somehow we did get it, it would be a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

It will show bid ranges even if the category is not available. I bid on H2 as well but it was not available. Got the H3.

This isn't going to help, but I am actually in an Owners suite right now, at least until tomorrow. The views, space and decor are AMAZING!

We bid to upgrade from H6 to H3

Do you mind telling us what you bid on the upsell?