I get so HOT......can I cool down on ROYAL Princess?!

winncruiser

Our Royal stateroom last month was like an icebox most of the time but in the middle of the night it seemed like it got a little warm. We just got used to turning the temperature way down when we went to bed and turning it way up during the day. That strategy worked for us.

I read on this boards several people have taken fans and when we were on the Regal last year we took a small fan (4"dia) that worked great. Placed it on the desk directed toward the bed/couch. There is just not much air movement. But you need some common sense if the cabin is facing directly into the sun with a wall of glass the room will heat up, so close both sets of drapes to provide some insulation during the afternoon when you are out of the room.

I read on this boards several people have taken fans and when we were on the Regal last year we took a small fan (4"dia) that worked great. Placed it on the desk directed toward the bed/couch. There is just not much air movement. But you need some common sense if the cabin is facing directly into the sun with a wall of glass the room will heat up, so close both sets of drapes to provide some insulation during the afternoon when you are out of the room.

Best advice. If you have a window or balcony, close your drapes when you leave your cabin regardless if the sun is coming in or not, it just may be only the shady side at the moment but as the day goes on, well...you know how that goes.

I've had no trouble bringing a small fan on board. I recommend it being in your carry-on in case you need to defend its safety. Never had the problem, though.

We like a cold room for sleeping and never found our Royal cabin, for 15 days, a problem by keeping the drapes closed during the day while out of the cabin.

Hi All....

Hope that got your attention!

When I was last on Caribbean Princess our balcony stateroom would not get cool at night. How about Royal... can I get it nice and cool or should I pack a fan?

Thank you!

Winn Cruiser

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Every room and every ship is different.

Boy I know how you feel! On most all of our cruises I have got too warm at night. I swear the cruise lines must not cool the room as much at night. We always turn it all the way cool at night and shut the curtains at night and still get warm. Weird that during the day it is fine in the cabin. Good luck. We always struggle with this same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, sorry in advance if this offends anyone but, the reason it gets hot at night is all the ----- sleeping with the door open. Last cruise there where announcements after announcement, notices sent, etc. shut the ----- door. You can always tell who the ones are as you walk down the hall in the morning you hit this wall of moist humid air. Then these are the same nuts who complain the AC is not working.

On the Royal sleeping with your door open only affects the AC in your own cabin only and not any others.

Afraid not, you are sailing a metal box, in case you did not know you can use magnets on the walls to hang things or decorate your door. It is not insulated like your house. When that heats up it takes a lot to cool it down. There are gaps around your door to the hall that will start sucking the air from the hall, ever notice how hard it is to open the hall door with the balcony door open? Then there is the whole moisture issue that you are sucking into the ship thing. How AC works is it removes the moisture from the air in humid climates and in arid climates you add moisture back to the air to cool. So all that moisure you have just sucked into your room now has to be removed. The AC unit in your cabin is connected to everybody else's and the public spaces on the ship. The AC now has to remove this moisture to make it cool again. Have you ever noticed you can have a 80 degree day with no humidity and be cool but you can have 80 degrees and high humidity and be miserable. Has to with moisture. So yes what you do does effect others. PLUS NEXT TIME READ THE NOTICE ON THE DOOR THAT IS WHY IT IS THERE. They did not put there with out a reason, but wait you problablly think it is to save energy, naaa you are on a floating power station when the ship is moving it has energy to burn. They could and have powered small cities.

Afraid not, you are sailing a metal box, in case you did not know you can use magnets on the walls to hang things or decorate your door. It is not insulated like your house. When that heats up it takes a lot to cool it down. There are gaps around your door to the hall that will start sucking the air from the hall, ever notice how hard it is to open the hall door with the balcony door open? Then there is the whole moisture issue that you are sucking into the ship thing. How AC works is it removes the moisture from the air in humid climates and in arid climates you add moisture back to the air to cool. So all that moisure you have just sucked into your room now has to be removed. The AC unit in your cabin is connected to everybody else's and the public spaces on the ship. The AC now has to remove this moisture to make it cool again. Have you ever noticed you can have a 80 degree day with no humidity and be cool but you can have 80 degrees and high humidity and be miserable. Has to with moisture. So yes what you do does effect others. PLUS NEXT TIME READ THE NOTICE ON THE DOOR THAT IS WHY IT IS THERE. They did not put there with out a reason, but wait you problablly think it is to save energy, naaa you are on a floating power station when the ship is moving it has energy to burn. They could and have powered small cities.

This is somewhat true for systems set up on the older Princess ships but not on the Royal class ships. The AC system is individual for each cabin and doesn't use the hallway as an air return. What you do in your cabin affects only your cabin, unless you have your balcony door wide open and your cabin door open at the same time. In that case the hallway would also be warmed up, but no one usually does that.

Best advice. If you have a window or balcony, close your drapes when you leave your cabin regardless if the sun is coming in or not, it just may be only the shady side at the moment but as the day goes on, well...you know how that goes.

I've had no trouble bringing a small fan on board. I recommend it being in your carry-on in case you need to defend its safety. Never had the problem, though.

We like a cold room for sleeping and never found our Royal cabin, for 15 days, a problem by keeping the drapes closed during the day while out of the cabin.

I bring a 4" fantrix USB fan. Connect it to my power bank. It's enough to keep air circulating in the cabin. However, when flying, wherever that fan is stowed, it causes my luggage to be searched by tsa. If I carry it through security, they search for it & take it out of its box. If I check that bag, there's a note inside the bag stating tsa went through that bag! I don't care but just thought you should know!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I bring a 4" fantrix USB fan. Connect it to my power bank. It's enough to keep air circulating in the cabin. However, when flying, wherever that fan is stowed, it causes my luggage to be searched by tsa. If I carry it through security, they search for it & take it out of its box. If I check that bag, there's a note inside the bag stating tsa went through that bag! I don't care but just thought you should know!

I use the Vornado - flippi with regular plug and have never had it challenged or questioned either at the airport or ship. It's rare that we ever have to use it but still wouldn't leave home without it.

I use the Vornado - flippi with regular plug and have never had it challenged or questioned either at the airport or ship. It's rare that we ever have to use it but still wouldn't leave home without it.

I want to fly from your airport! Allentown, Tucson both spotted it but Tampa let it slide. I don't mind them rifling through my suitcase because I won't leave home without my fan!

I am confused. Are you trying to say that the reason I get warm at night is because I leave my balcony door open? I do not do that and I still get warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some people are saying that if you neighbor leaves their balcony door open it will affect the warmth of your cabin.