Drink Package Question

janny444

Hi....considering a drinks package on our up and coming cruise and I have a couple or so questions.

Do the pre cruise purchased drink packages include gratuities?

Maybe considering the coffee package...how much are speciality coffees to buy individually once on board?

When purchasing the deluxe package do both people in the same cabin have to buy one or can you just buy for one person?

How much is it for a G&T...not a speciality one and how much for a glass of red wine?

Thank you....not sure how only one person having the drink package would work....does that mean there is a time limit....like only being able to have 1 drink an hour so that you are not able to get 2 drinks within a short period of time

Thank you....not sure how only one person having the drink package would work....does that mean there is a time limit....like only being able to have 1 drink an hour so that you are not able to get 2 drinks within a short period of time

No time limits but bartenders are trained to watch for sharing.

I believe you have to wait 15 minutes between each drink.

If someone could be kind enough to give me an idea of drink prices....G&T....glass of wine....speciality coffee then I can work out if it is worth purchasing a package....we are not big alcoholic drinkers but I do like a speciality coffee

If someone could be kind enough to give me an idea of drink prices....G&T....glass of wine....speciality coffee then I can work out if it is worth purchasing a package....we are not big alcoholic drinkers but I do like a speciality coffee

Figure on $7-$8 for a beer and $10-$12 for other drinks including wine.

The gratuities are included when you purchase the package online. They add the gratuity charge at check out. Royal doesn't require everyone in the stateroom to purchase a drink package. You can purchase a single package. If there is a Starbucks on board the ship, the drink card does not work, you have to charge it on your seapass. It's cheaper to purchase before sailing. I learned all this the hard way...:) Hope this was helpful.

The gratuities are included when you purchase the package online. They add the gratuity charge at check out. Royal doesn't require everyone in the stateroom to purchase a drink package. You can purchase a single package. If there is a Starbucks on board the ship, the drink card does not work, you have to charge it on your seapass. It's cheaper to purchase before sailing. I learned all this the hard way...:) Hope this was helpful.

Not sure if there is a Starbucks on the NOTS but do you mean if there is then we are still charged for a speciality coffee even with a coffee card....no point buying one then unless you mean just in Starbucks it doesn't work....apologies for appearing "slow on the uptake" :)

Not sure if there is a Starbucks on the NOTS but do you mean if there is then we are still charged for a speciality coffee even with a coffee card....no point buying one then unless you mean just in Starbucks it doesn't work....apologies for appearing "slow on the uptake" :)

Don't worry, no Starbucks on NOTS.

If there is a Starbucks on board the ship, the drink card does not work, you have to charge it on your seapass. It's cheaper to purchase before sailing. I learned all this the hard way...:) Hope this was helpful.

But just at the actual Starbucks. There are non-branded (even if they "proudly serve" a brand) espresso kiosks on ALL ships. The packages (booze package, non-booze package, coffee card) work at those kiosks. Just not at the actual Starbucks locations on Oasis etc.

OP a latte is about 3.50 for a Tall.

If you buy the coffee card($31 plus 18% grat for 15) make SURE before you pick it up that your ship is using *drinks* not *shots of espresso*. Adventure in December was marking off a spot for each shot of espresso put into a drink, so our Grande iced lattes were costing two checkoffs each time. Not any sort of bargain at all if they are doing it that way.

Going on Empress in a few weeks. Trying to confirm a tip I read on another blog. Said NOT to purchase drink pkg in advance. Said they will offer on board special of 10 drinks for $59. Is this real? Something RCL offers fleet wide or just on Empress. Any details appreciated.

If you buy the coffee card($31 plus 18% grat for 15) make SURE before you pick it up that your ship is using *drinks* not *shots of espresso*. Adventure in December was marking off a spot for each shot of espresso put into a drink, so our Grande iced lattes were costing two checkoffs each time. Not any sort of bargain at all if they are doing it that way.

How do you know before purchasing if they will be marking off a spot for each shot or each drink?

If only one person has the drink package you would pay for the second drink for the other person. You would need both SeaPass cards. You cannot share the drink package, and both people in a cabin do not have to buy the package.

In other words, one person has a package; one person pay as you need.

I purchased the drink card on the Oasis in October, but it wasn't offered until Thursday 2 days before the cruise ended. I don't know all ships offer it. You might call customer service for RCCL and maybe they could tell you more.

I purchased the drink card on the Oasis in October, but it wasn't offered until Thursday 2 days before the cruise ended. I don't know all ships offer it. You might call customer service for RCCL and maybe they could tell you more..

Is there a limit on the price of a drink that you can get with the card?

Is there a limit on the price of a drink that you can get with the card?

To my knowledge, it's the same limit as is on the Deluxe Beverage Package, i.e., $12 or $13 depending on the ship and phase of moon.

Thank you everyone for your answers. Still undecided which package(s) to buy. My OH only drinks wine and isn't "fussed" over speciality coffee so I don't think a £45 per day package would be worth it for 2/3 glasses of wine per day . Now for me ....who enjoys G&Ts....wine....speciality coffees it could be...possibly....hence my question if both needed to purchase drink packages and what individual prices are.

Thank you everyone for your answers. Still undecided which package(s) to buy. My OH only drinks wine and isn't "fussed" over speciality coffee so I don't think a £45 per day package would be worth it for 2/3 glasses of wine per day . Now for me ....who enjoys G&Ts....wine....speciality coffees it could be...possibly....hence my question if both needed to purchase drink packages and what individual prices are.

No you do not both need to purchase.