Upsell - - Woo-Hoo!

MBMGWM

My wife & I cruise about once every year or two, usually but not always with NCL. We've been very lucky with upsells for our last few NCL cruises. We typically book cabins (either interior or oceanview) far in advance for the best prices,and then cross our fingers for a good upsell at the last minute. We've gone from oceanview cabins to a Haven cabin on one cruise, and to a spa balcony on another. On our upcoming cruise (Jewel/Panama Canal/Feb 19, 2017) we received an email from the upsell folks last night (2/14) that I called in on this morning (2/15). We went from an interior cabin to an Aft Balcony cabin for $250pp! We've had an aft cabin before (on the NCL Jade) and loved it. These upsell offers are always worth checking in on, in our opinion. We're not always lucky, but sometimes it pays off.

Yep - - the Panama Canal has been on our cruise "bucket list" for years, and we finally pulled the trigger. As a plus, every single port on this cruise (except for our departure port of Miami) will be a new one to us.

Congrats, so you did a bid, then called in? I got similar email and did a bid, they say they will let you know 2 days before sailing? Or should I call in?

No - - we received an upsell email with the specific offer ("upgrade to a balcony cabin for $250/pp") in the evening, and called into the upsell number (also contained in the body of that email) the next morning. No bidding was involved at all, and the confirmation was immediate - - the upsell department told us right there on the phone that there were two cabins available for this upsell (and gave us the cabin numbers). We had the Jewel deck plans with us and saw that one of the two was an aft cabin, which we chose in a heartbeat. We confirmed that everything else with our reservation would remain the exactly the same (adult bev and specialty dining packages; OBC; no other or extra charges, fees, taxes, etc). We love the full "both sides of the ship" views, the sound and sight of the wake, the quiet & privacy of the back-of-the-ship location; etc, so the choice was an easy one for us.

My wife & I cruise about once every year or two, usually but not always with NCL. We've been very lucky with upsells for our last few NCL cruises. We typically book cabins (either interior or oceanview) far in advance for the best prices,and then cross our fingers for a good upsell at the last minute. We've gone from oceanview cabins to a Haven cabin on one cruise, and to a spa balcony on another. On our upcoming cruise (Jewel/Panama Canal/Feb 19, 2017) we received an email from the upsell folks last night (2/14) that I called in on this morning (2/15). We went from an interior cabin to an Aft Balcony cabin for $250pp! We've had an aft cabin before (on the NCL Jade) and loved it. These upsell offers are always worth checking in on, in our opinion. We're not always lucky, but sometimes it pays off.

See you Sunday, we are on the same cruise. I did not get an upsell email. We are in a suite and was hoping for an upsell option to a haven. Oh well, I'm happy with what I have and just so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hubby got an up-sell e-mail in December and heard yesterday that we got an up-grade from an interior to a balcony. We are leaving on the Getaway on Sunday. WOO WOO

Congrats! Would you mind sharing how much your winning "bid" was? I'm hoping to do the same exact upgrade a week after you, but as of now I'm not having any success. Thanks.