Oasis of the Seas Jan 22nd-29th 2017. A little disappointing.

MikeACY

During Shabbat, observing Jews are to abstain from using electrical switches, so the elevator becomes sort of like an escalator.

I hope the Amish never book a cruise.

It would be hard to find your room in the dark. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My apologies if this isn't allowed, but I just looked up which sailings this "group" appears to be offered for 207-2018 so far:

DestinationCruise Name Cruise Date Nights Cruise Line Cruise Ship

South America Feb 12, 2017. 10 NCL Sun.

Alaska Jun 25, 20177 NCL. Pearl

Mediterranean Jul 02, 20177 NCL. Epic

Baltic/Russia Aug 11, 2017. 12 Holland America ms Zuiderdam

Greek IslesVenice. Aug 13, 20177 NCL. Star

Alaska Aug 13, 20177 NCL. Pearl

Mediterranean Aug 20, 20177 NCL. Epic

Panama Canal Dec 07, 2017 11 NCL. Jade

Caribbean Jan 21, 2018 7 Royal C. Allure of the Seas

Australia & N.Z. Jan 21, 2018 10 NCL. Jewel

I won't be going on any of these cruises.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were also on the cruise and experienced some of the issues mentioned. I noticed one of the elevators was manually operated one day. There were plenty of elevators in that area and did not seem to be a problem. I was a little annoyed about Wipe Out Cafe being closed, but it was not a big deal. The Solarium Cafe was only closed some of the time.

I did notice how rude some of the guests of this group was to the restaurant staff. Others in the group were really sweet. We noticed one large family table next to us (we did My Time Dining) have a special celebration for mom and dad and the young adult children were really great, I had tears in my eyes watching the special needs son read to the parents.

I would not have rescheduled our trip if I'd known so many from one group were on board, but I will be sure to watch out in the future.

Question to others who were on board - Does anyone know why the family left the ship during the muster drill? Just wondering. They didn't seem to be upset or anything. Just had a ton of luggage and were assisted by the crew.

I have always loved the big ships, but after this week DH will under no circumstances step foot on one again.

If you read enough reviews here about Oasis class ships, you'll realize your experience has nothing to do with the ship itself but rather the group on your particular sailing and other customer and staff issues, which can happen on any ship.:cool:

In my opinion, there is no excuse for the way this charter is handled.They should have to pay for a complete charter, and RCCL should NOT close off anywhere for a week. That stinks. By the way, I'm Jewish, so I don't want to hear that I'm talking anti Semetic. If they can't afford the mega ships, put them on a smaller ship. I don't know how many were in their charter, but to put out some 5000+ to accomodate a few hundred is ridiculous.:(

My apologies if this isn't allowed' date=' but I just looked up which sailings this "group" appears to be offered for 207-2018 so far:

DestinationCruise Name Cruise Date Nights Cruise Line Cruise Ship

South America Feb 12, 2017. 10 NCL Sun.

Alaska Jun 25, 20177 NCL. Pearl

Mediterranean Jul 02, 20177 NCL. Epic

Baltic/Russia Aug 11, 2017. 12 Holland America ms Zuiderdam

Greek IslesVenice. Aug 13, 20177 NCL. Star

Alaska Aug 13, 20177 NCL. Pearl

Mediterranean Aug 20, 20177 NCL. Epic

Panama Canal Dec 07, 2017 11 NCL. Jade

Caribbean Jan 21, 2018 7 Royal C. Allure of the Seas

Australia & N.Z. Jan 21, 2018 10 NCL. Jewel

I won't be going on any of these cruises.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have read about this group, and not positive things.

I learned on CC Board that there will be a Lance Bass Halloween Cruise Group on our October cruise on Allure. I suspect it will be interesting to share a cruise with his fans, but I'll be unhappy if popular venues are closed for their private events for extended periods. I've also learned that my local AAA is taking a group on my solo Oasis cruise at the end of August, whch is kind of funny (sorry I will miss their perks and events since I didn't book with them). I'm hoping that Allure and Oasis are so large that they can accomodate the groups without impacting the rest of us! OP's report is certainly worrisome.

I haven't found any special groups booked for my first Holland cruise in May yet, unless you count reports of high numbers of AARP members...MY PEOPLE:D.

No cruise line will tell if groups are on the ships, or which groups they might be. 99% of the time, there are "groups" on every cruise, but they cause no disruption to anyone. Corporate groups are no different from individual cruisers....few of the group know each other...and aside from a meeting or two, everything operates as normal.

It's very difficult to find out "group" info on cruise ships.