Price of drinks at the princess platinum/elite lounge in $AU

Been on 5 different Princess ships and have never seen a Platinum/Elite lounge! Maybe you're thinking of the Titanic.:D

normally a separate area they set it up for about an hour in the evening and offer cheaper drinks and canapés for platinum/elite

Edited by just hooked

Just got off the Golden Princess. Each evening from 5pm until 7pm Skywalkers was exclusively for Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers, with special nibblies, and certain drinks/cocktails were $7 each.

Thanks , we are also going on the Golden Princess

I forgot about Skywalkers. I thought you meant a seperate lounge. We went once on The Grand Princess and 6 pax turned up, so never went again. DH prefers a bit of atmosphere.

Really?? Loads of people when we have been, Diamond, Sapphire and Emerald just recently.

It is a separate lounge open to Suite Elite and Platinum guests usually between 5pm and 7pm.

For the OP, yes, $7 AUD, you can nor purchase any of those drinks listed any night.

We were recently on Emerald Princess and the Platinum/Elits lounge had a reasonable number of people most nights. Cocktails were as listed on the previous posts @ AUD7 and nibbles in plentiful supply. I found it to be a great place for a quiet relaxing pre-dinner drink.

They didn't have it on the Sea and Dawn Princess late last year. Is it only on some classes of ship or did we miss it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There has never been a PES lounge/event on the Sea Sun or Dawn whilst they have been permanently in Australia, so you didnt miss it.

Strangely though they have it on the smaller Pacific Princess.

There has never been a PES lounge/event on the Sea Sun or Dawn whilst they have been permanently in Australia, so you didnt miss it.

Strangely though they have it on the smaller Pacific Princess.

Another thing Aussie Princess Cruisers with Capts Circle Elite/Platinum status are missing out on.:eek:

Sun Princess arrived in OZ fo the first time in 2008 and that year we did circumnavigation on her. They had the Elite/Platinum lounge in Explorers, right in the dark corner. Not long after that the perk disappeared I believe. ON Island Princess in Nov/Dec doing Panama Canal, there were 800 Elites on board and god only knows how many platinums out of 2000 pax. The Elite/Platinum lounge was held in the Explorers Lounge, they had the whole lounge and it was packed every evening. We preferred to go to Bayou Café for 'happy hour - 2 for 1, around the same time, they had snacks too.

Edited by NSWP

The Plat/Elite lounge is not available on the smaller ships. A forty percent rise in the discounted cocktails since our Christmas cruise on the Emerald. You will also note that Princess have raised the prices of all drinks by way more than the rate of inflation.

If you wish to hedge your costs you can load up a cash card with U.S dollars now as the pundits are suggesting that the AUD will tank after June. Princess will allow you to settle in U.S.D. or at least they used to.

Like all things, going to the p/e lounge every night would be too restrictive and boring but it can be a nice hangout if passengers constantly have waitstaff challenge the interlopers. Some nights we have been overrun with passengers who should not be there.

In spite of this, we are cruising to enjoy ourselves and try not to focus on the negative stuff. cheers, d&v

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Plat/Elite lounge is not available on the smaller ships. A forty percent rise in the discounted cocktails since our Christmas cruise on the Emerald. You will also note that Princess have raised the prices of all drinks by way more than the rate of inflation.

If you wish to hedge your costs you can load up a cash card with U.S dollars now as the pundits are suggesting that the AUD will tank after June. Princess will allow you to settle in U.S.D. or at least they used to.

Like all things, going to the p/e lounge every night would be too restrictive and boring but it can be a nice hangout if passengers constantly have waitstaff challenge the interlopers. Some nights we have been overrun with passengers who should not be there.

In spite of this, we are cruising to enjoy ourselves and try not to focus on the negative stuff. cheers, d&v

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good post. We are a bit over Princess having done 17 cruises - 400 odd days with them, been on most of their ships from the big Ruby/Crown to the small, Pacific. Last one was on Island Princess, not entirely happy with ship. So next cruises are with Cunard - QM2 next week and P&O UK - Adonia, B2B in June/July next year. Been on P&O UK a few times (Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia) but not Cunard.:eek:

Re interlopers at the PE lounge on Emerald, I can imagine the invasion for the Prawn Tower, Aussies being Aussies.

I wonder how loyal we would all be if some of the non-aligned cruise lines began offering same for same recognition for cruise status and perks. I am guessing that there would be a huge increase competitive behaviour. Priority boarding, tender access and laundry certainly do garner loyalty but really don't cost much at all.

I wonder how loyal we would all be if some of the non-aligned cruise lines began offering same for same recognition for cruise status and perks. I am guessing that there would be a huge increase competitive behaviour. Priority boarding, tender access and laundry certainly do garner loyalty but really don't cost much at all.

Not individually, but collectively. When there are too many people in lounges, or with priority access it ticks off those privileged members. And especially those who earnt it the hard way, and complain about the effects when interlopers come on board. :cool: