Question regarding Sushi on 5

Scotico

So we are going to be arriving at the ship around 2pm. We really do not want to deal with the large crowds for the BBQ food and prefer something a bit quieter. We are going to try out sushi on 5. How is the food there and if we have the premium beverage package, is the beer/sake included as long as it falls into the criteria of being no more than $13/glass?

Food varies from very good to pretty bad. And it apparently varies from sailing to sailing. I found everything except the sashimi to be good. The sashimi I was served was disgusting. I've read other reviews saying it was good. I eat a lot of sashimi and what I was served was the worst sashimi I've ever had. The rolls were average sushi bar quality. Don't expect Nobu quality. The apps were very good and I've read the noodles are very good although I didn't try them.

yes, the booze is included.

I don't think it's open embarkation day until after the muster drill.

First let me say that food is very, very subjective. One poster said it wasn't good, yet we ate there twice on the Equinox and thought it was very good.

If 20 people responded to your inquiry the chances are that 50% would like it and 50% would not.

The only way for you to be sure is try it at least once and make up your mind.:)

I think we went before Muster, but I can't remember for certain. We spent the better part of the afternoon there. We used to always go to Bistro as soon as we walked on the ship. I feel like we did the same. We were on the Silhouette, and everything was delicious. The cocktails are craft cocktails made in the World Class Bar, and the Hoku(sp?) Cocktail was wonderful! Maybe that's why I'm not sure what time of day it was!!!:D

First let me say that food is very, very subjective. One poster said it wasn't good, yet we ate there twice on the Equinox and thought it was very good.

If 20 people responded to your inquiry the chances are that 50% would like it and 50% would not.

The only way for you to be sure is try it at least once and make up your mind.:)

Agreed! I read reviews where people loved the sashimi on their sailing. So for sure try in for yourself. I'm even going to give it another shot on the Equinox this June just to see if it's better on that ship. But if you get some thing you don't like be sure to have them remove the charge! I honestly don't recall if it was open embarkation day or not. Someone told me it wasn't but that could be wrong. BTW, the craft cocktails in there are really good. There's one with jalepeno infused vodka and basil that's super tasty!

So we are going to be arriving at the ship around 2pm. We really do not want to deal with the large crowds for the BBQ food and prefer something a bit quieter. We are going to try out sushi on 5. How is the food there and if we have the premium beverage package, is the beer/sake included as long as it falls into the criteria of being no more than $13/glass?

On a recent cruise on the Eclipse Sushi on 5 was open from 11:30-3 and 6-10:30 on embarkation day. We are not sushi experts, but we enjoyed this restaurant - great service and the food we had was very good. It is a nice place to go to escape the crowds. Drinks are included on the beverage packages, though the food is charged by the item so one can run up the bill easily since it is so good. The lobster ramen was our favorite.

We also really enjoyed Sushi on Five recently on Reflection. We really liked the lobster ramen, chicken gyoza, and the spicy tuna roll. While I'm sure there is some variation in the quality from sailing to sailing we thought it was a big improvement over what used to be offered at the buffet. As others have stated the drinks are included in the drink packages. My personal favorite was the spicy mangotini. We started visiting every afternoon to get a sushi roll as a snack just so we could order the cocktails.

My only complaint was that they did not open until 3 pm on port days. While I understand not wanting to staff a restaurant no one is dining at, they used to do it all the time for Bistro on Five. :p From my perspective it would have been a nice addition on port days since there are often a decent number of people who stay on board in the Caribbean.

Agreed! I read reviews where people loved the sashimi on their sailing. So for sure try in for yourself. I'm even going to give it another shot on the Equinox this June just to see if it's better on that ship. But if you get some thing you don't like be sure to have them remove the charge! I honestly don't recall if it was open embarkation day or not. Someone told me it wasn't but that could be wrong. BTW, the craft cocktails in there are really good. There's one with jalepeno infused vodka and basil that's super tasty!

Any chance that the drink was called "One Night in Bangkok". Had a drink called this on the Reflection 2 years ago on the Mediterranean cruise and haven't seen it since. If they have it, I will be there quite frequently ;)

We enjoyed Sushi on 5 very much on the Equinox last October. My husband eats sushi all over the world and thought it was great. I like sushi somewhat. I thought several of the other items were outstanding and we are looking forward to Son5 next week on the Reflection. I'll report back our thoughts.

Any chance that the drink was called "One Night in Bangkok". Had a drink called this on the Reflection 2 years ago on the Mediterranean cruise and haven't seen it since. If they have it, I will be there quite frequently ;)

I think it was called an Agave Sunrise

Just off Solstice. We tried Sushi on Five for dinner one evening ( they have an all inclusive price if wanted, which we were able to get a discount for). We thought the food was excellent ( did not order sushi or sashimi). We thought the food was excellent and we enjoyed it very much.