Complimentary nights query

uktog

Why would you pay anything additional? Did they explain this to you?

Bonnie, I think it's because in using free nights no other promotions running at the time can be applied so you end up paying full price on the balance of the nights that aren't free. I haven't had first hand experience of this yet. Will wait to see how it works in practice.

Bonnie, I think it's because in using free nights no other promotions running at the time can be applied so you end up paying full price on the balance of the nights that aren't free. I haven't had first hand experience of this yet. Will wait to see how it works in practice.

Hi Phil

We have communicated about this previously. When my wife and I moved from Adventurer to Explorer we found it would cost ?200 more to use the two free nights rather than discounts available through the TA.

On our cruise on Quest in April we move up to Discoverer so I am currently engaged checking all the rules and current offers to see how we are able to benefit from four free nights. We plan to book on board to get additional OBC. I have done some calculations and hopefully it should make quite a good saving on the TA offers. Fingers crossed!

Jim

Phil

We have had our 6 free nights applied to our Far East cruise in 2018. Because the offer of free nights is based on your most frequently cruised cabin category, we had it applied to a cruise that was not (yet!) subject to a BOGOHO offer and have treated it as a discount off the full brochure price, combined with the on board booking discount, 7% in our case. This gave us enough saving to book a higher category of cabin. So in our experience it does seem to work. If they do a BOGOHO on our cruise at some point in the future this may alter our view, however we have got the suite we wanted by booking early. I think normally the best application of the free nights is on short cruises, imagine getting 6 free nights on a 7 day cruise!

Steve

Hi Steve. Thanks for the information and I understand what you are saying. Yes, the larger chunk of free nights the better. I'm just going to have to see how it works out in practice with three free nights (which is the maximum number I'm going to get now). My feeling is I'll be using them for 7 night cruises which is the minimum cruise length they can be applied to. Slightly complicated for me by the fact that any 125% single supplement offers do not apply if you use free nights.

Thanks for that clearing that up Bonnie.

From what Bonnie has said it would appear that it is indeed a glitch. I passed a points threshold on a Celebrity cruise last year that would have given me three free nights on Azamara (the 50% + earned on them applies). I hadn't really given it much thought until Ann posted the question here because I assumed I wouldn't get them because I took a Celebrity cruise to cross the line. Now I know I'll drop Nicole an email.

Just a follow up to this that I emailed Nicole Lukacs and she checked my points. I'd actually passed two thresholds so now have 6 free nights to use and very happy that it was dealt with very efficiently.

Phil

Just a follow up to this that I emailed Nicole Lukacs and she checked my points. I'd actually passed two thresholds so now have 6 free nights to use and very happy that it was dealt with very efficiently.

Phil

Delighted to hear you are sorted out.

We've been in touch with Nicole on a related matter and it appears the reason we were not hearing from her was because (again!) she had to reset our email preferences to opt in. Somewhere along the line each time we cruise, something is knocking us back to opt out. The techies are checking but for others it appears to happen if you and your cruising partner both give the same email address on your forms as we do to save checking more than one account for leisure items.

May be the reason some other people have missed out on emails

Somewhere along the line each time we cruise, something is knocking us back to opt out. The techies are checking but for others it appears to happen if you and your cruising partner both give the same email address on your forms as we do to save checking more than one account for leisure items.

May be the reason some other people have missed out on emails

This is very odd. I don't know what is behind it happening, but happen it does. I'm on the list at the moment hopefully although it's reset before with me too.

Oh and thank you for starting this thread re the free nights and getting the official policy. I'm not sure I would have checked otherwise.(y)