What'd Ya Forget?

Specially_K

A small diversion topic if I may: what have you lost, misplaced, or had stolen during your cruise?

I can go first. Last week my husband lost/misplaced not once but twice his wallet with all his credit cards and $300 US in cash. The first time it was found on the plane under a seat up in first class after everyone had deplaned. We were in row 22.

The next time it was somewhere between hotel check out and ship embarking in Rio. He declared at the NCL desk his wallet was missing, sparking a search involving countless crew members and other guests. It was never found. He had all the credit cards cancelled. 4 days later it turned up in the side pocket of a backpack just where he put it.

Needless to say, I held all the cards, passports and money from that point forward! By the way, you should be proud of me. I carry all my own cards and I don't even react anymore. I just pay and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Kathy.. Your husband sounds just like mine. I do exactly as you do. No need to act like it hasn't happened before.. or get too upset about it. Your post made me laugh.

Nancy

Forgot to pack my DH beloved solarcaine and of course he gets sunburned on last day at sea. We pay a small fortune for some in gift shop. Then he thinks he's going to get it on the airplane. Our 16yr old daughter and I are thru security waiting for him on other side. Ofcourse they find can of spray and tell him their going to have to confiscate it. My DH says why I really need it they explain no way is he getting on plane with it so my DH proceeds to lift his shirt and says to lady at security "then give me a spray for the road." Our 16yr old daughter is appalled by this and says hurry we don't know him and makes a bee line for Starbucks.

I'd guess (and hope) they'd make it in the normal glass they usually use, then you can pour it into your own if you'd like. And if your own cup was big enough, you could probably order 2 at a time to really fill it up and save a second trip back to the bar. Now I'm starting to think if I should bring my Yeti in 2 weeks.....

I'm packing my 30oz yeti on the escape 3/18! One more day 🚢🚢🍹🍹🚢🚢

Forgot to pack my DH beloved solarcaine and of course he gets sunburned on last day at sea. We pay a small fortune for some in gift shop. Then he thinks he's going to get it on the airplane. Our 16yr old daughter and I are thru security waiting for him on other side. Ofcourse they find can of spray and tell him their going to have to confiscate it. My DH says why I really need it they explain no way is he getting on plane with it so my DH proceeds to lift his shirt and says to lady at security "then give me a spray for the road." Our 16yr old daughter is appalled by this and says hurry we don't know him and makes a bee line for Starbucks.

This one made me laugh out loud! Did the lady at security spray him? :D

I have not done this myself probably because I read about someone who did.

You know how you pack your suitcase on the last night and put it out in the hall to be picked up?

This person forgot to leave out an outfit to wear off the ship! She had to wear her pajama pants and slippers off the ship! I think I remember she went to a gift shop and bought a T-shirt. I always remember this when I am packing on the last night!

That one I should never forget!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In 2012 I planned the whole year for a trip to Orlando with my 10 year old son, now he's 15.

I made so many lists and arrangements for this perfect trip. We flew from São Paulo Brazil to Panama and then connected flight to Orlando. It was a 12 hour flight in total and we arrived very tired at 11 pm. When we got to the Hertz counter I realized I forgot my driver's license, and I already had the 10 day rental paied. I panicked. Because the whole trip was based driving a car, and now what? I looked at my son he was sitting watching the suitcases waiting for me, he was so tired, I decided to take a cab to the hotel.

When we were inside the cab going to the hotel my son was so excited , he said: omg I can't believe we are really here!

That made me realize that if my son was happy then everything was fine.

During the 10 day vacation we used taxis, the hotel shuttles and buses.

It was my 3rd Disney Vacation, and the happiest.

I realized that when something like this happens it has a reason, and the main reason is that God didn't want me to drive in Orlando, maybe it was the way to avoid an accident. Who knows?

Edited by Cruisewithm

Not our last cruise but once I forgot all of my husband's underwear and socks. Luckily, we overnighted in Fort Lauderdale so I had to find a store to purchase. Another time, I left my son's swim trunks at home.

Story #1:

Our first long vacation together: two weeks in Hawai'i, with a week on the Pride of Aloha in the middle of it (this was 2005). My brother, who was living with us at the time, drove us to the airport. As I see him driving away, I pull out my wallet to get out my driver's license--no driver's license. I instantly go into a panic attack, because my brother can't get home and back in time, and I can't get on the plane!

I look at my hubby, who is smiling and waving our passports at me (even though we didn't need them, because it was an all-Hawai'i cruise). I instantly remember why we'd been together for six years.

Fast forward to the rental car counter in Hawai'i: I'd made the reservation, but I had no license. They still let us rent the car with my passport, but we had to pay the extra driver fee so he could drive it. Drove all over Maui, upset with me because I got to see all the scenery and he had to concentrate on the road (and some of those roads take a lot of concentration)!

BTW: the reason my license wasn't in my wallet? I'd gone to a bar the night before for a going-away party for a friend, and I got carded (at age 41!). Slipped the license back in my pocket without putting it in my wallet.

--Michael

Story #2:

Cruise last year out of Venice to the Adriatic and Greece. It was November, so we didn't think it would be warm enough to use the pool. However, I did pack my trunks because it was on my list, and I didn't think to leave them out. However, this is Greece, and it's sunny and warm. So, hubby had to buy trunks on the ship. Nothing major, but rather pricey.

--Michael

Thing I lost?

On the transatlantic (see signature below), we flew into Barcelona the night before, and we were exhausted. I took off my glasses and put them on the headboard of the bed (it was about six inches thick). The next day, we get up, get dressed, walk along Las Ramblas, go back to the hotel, get our bags, and walk do the port (not a short walk, but the day was beautiful). We get on the shuttle to the ship at the port entrance. We drop off our bags, and get ready to go into the terminal, when I realize I don't have my eyeglasses (I'm not blind without them, but two weeks without them until I got home was going to give me headaches!).

I take the shuttle back to the port entrance, walk back to the hotel, tell the front desk what happened, they called the housekeeping staff, and my glasses were brought down to me. I walked back to the port, took the shuttle again, joined my hubby, and we got on the ship.

--Michael