What'd Ya Forget?

Specially_K

I've been trying to remember if I've ever forgotten to pack anything, and if I have, it was so inconsequential as to not make a difference.

I'm also one of those wives that does all the packing, as DH would never be able to figure it out. He does have a mantra when we leave on a trip, "Wallet, ring and wife." If he has those 3 things, all is good. ☺

A large plastic cup

When I went to an All Inclusive resort we (and most everyone else) had brought our own "go cups" and the bartenders at the resort we more than happy to fill them right up (rather then using the tiny resort-supplied cups).

Do people do this on cruises too??

When I went to an All Inclusive resort we (and most everyone else) had brought our own "go cups" and the bartenders at the resort we more than happy to fill them right up (rather then using the tiny resort-supplied cups).

Do people do this on cruises too??

You can bring your own cups but you are limited to the drinks that are included. The only drinks usually included in cruise fare are coffee, tea, lemonade, and the ship's water (not bottled) you can fill a clean cup then pour that into your cup of any size (helps prevent spread is Norovirus) and in sure if you buy a soda or drink they won't have any issue with you using your own cup. Or if you bring you own drinks a cup may come in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can bring your own cups but you are limited to the drinks that are included. The only drinks usually included in cruise fare are coffee, tea, lemonade, and the ship's water (not bottled) you can fill a clean cup then pour that into your cup of any size (helps prevent spread is Norovirus) and in sure if you buy a soda or drink they won't have any issue with you using your own cup. Or if you bring you own drinks a cup may come in handy.

If you have the UBP, will they make the drink in your cup? Keep the drink cold that way...

If you have the UBP, will they make the drink in your cup? Keep the drink cold that way...

They would likely make the drink in a clean cup especially if the have to use a shaker/strainer and would probably pour it into your cup if you asked. They are not going to use your cup in conjunction with any of there equipment. Remember illness can spread rapidly on a cruise ship if sanitation regulations are not followed.

I'd guess (and hope) they'd make it in the normal glass they usually use, then you can pour it into your own if you'd like. And if your own cup was big enough, you could probably order 2 at a time to really fill it up and save a second trip back to the bar. Now I'm starting to think if I should bring my Yeti in 2 weeks.....

You gave me an idea on our next A-I vacation.

OK... what did you forget to pack on your last cruise?

Let us all learn from your... um... misfortune! :halo:

OK... go!

Last year, my husband forgot to pack his underwear. Incidentally, this was the year he wanted to pack his own stuff. I'm just saying....

My husband and I pack our own suitcases. A few weeks ago we arrived in Nassau for a land vacation, he realizes that he forgot his swimming trunks. We ended up going and buying 2 pair, to add to his 4 pair that I bought for our December cruise. (They were on sale and now he has options) :-)

One year when the DS were younger and I was more on spot and anal about packing ahead of time... I packed 2 weeks early and forgot the boys underwear. Had to wash them out every night.

On another cruise later on... DH always packs for himself. We did not realize until we hit the ship that he forgotten his casual dress pants. They were left in the spare closet at home. This was the first time that we also flew in the day of the cruise and headed over to the ship with the luggage. He did not realize until we started unpacking.

Now the pants are one of the first things in the garment bag. Lesson learned

My wife (the packer) got everything for the cruise in our suitcases, but we spent the night before we sailed in a hotel, and when we unpacked onboard, she realized she had left all her makeup in the hotel. Luckily, they have makeup for $$$$ale on the ship. Ouch. (The same trip, my brother-in-law left his iPad in his hotel room. So, we called the hotel before we sailed out of cell range, they held everything for us, and then when we got back to Miami, we had to explain to the Uber driver that we needed to get to the airport, but we had one quick stop along the way.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by xriva

I'd guess (and hope) they'd make it in the normal glass they usually use, then you can pour it into your own if you'd like. And if your own cup was big enough, you could probably order 2 at a time to really fill it up and save a second trip back to the bar. Now I'm starting to think if I should bring my Yeti in 2 weeks.....

Agree...making drink in your cup adds potential for contamination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to pack a matching pair of flip flops. I have 2 pairs of black flip flops (same brand and style) and I put a pair in my bag. When I got to Miami I realized that I had packed 2 left shoes! Needless to say we had to stop and buy a pair.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

My father in law did this with his dress shoes. He wears the full kilt, with all accessories (minus the bag pipes) for formal nights. He wore the wrong shoe like a pro. He does not think anyone even noticed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nothing on my last two cruises, but in my first cruise I was going to bring duct tape but forgot to put it in my suitcase. Flew into NYC for our cruise. Took a taxi to our hotel and noticed a foot long crack down the back of my suitcase, compliments of the airline's. Had to find a store in the Times Square area that sold duct tape to fix it with.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Underwear......My wife forgot her travel makeup mirror once, you would have thought the world was coming to an end.

This is why I always pack 2. I have the small ones that suction to the bathroom mirror. I once forgot the only one I had with me at the hotel. Never again.

First cruise, packed our suitcases on board for the trip home, I weighed them ( I carry a small hanging scale) one was lighter than it was at home. Instead of figuring out why I blew it off. Set out the backs went to sleep. The next day went to breakfast and afterwards told my wife to stay where she was at. I would go back to the stateroom and grab our carryon. When I got back to the room there was about 10 of my shirts sitting on the bench......oh crap now what no room in our carryon! Got a trash bag from our steward and carried it off the ship and repacked the suitcases right before customs. DW never lets me forget that!

I have not done this myself probably because I read about someone who did.

You know how you pack your suitcase on the last night and put it out in the hall to be picked up?

This person forgot to leave out an outfit to wear off the ship! She had to wear her pajama pants and slippers off the ship! I think I remember she went to a gift shop and bought a T-shirt. I always remember this when I am packing on the last night!

Our wedding cruise - My DH packed our passports. At the airport, I realized he packed my expired passport by mistake. He didn't haven't an expired passport and had no idea I kept my old one. Fortunately, we always get to the airport very early and our friend house/cat-sitting for us was able to go and get it.

Another trip, I forgot our cruise documents. I don't know how it happened, but I freaked out the morning we were supposed to board when I couldn't find them. I tore that hotel room apart!

We were in our mid-thirties traveling on Oceania on a Transatlantic sailing. We got to the port and they thought we were crew. They literally told us to enter the ship thru the crew area! After explaining how we forgot our cruise documents, they finally realized we were guests. We were the youngest guests on board! There were no kids, no teenagers, no-one in their twenties... When we disembarked someone in customs gave us a second look and said "You're young for this cruise."

One cruise my wife forgot to pack my underwear. So at our first port, we found the nearest department store to buy some. On another cruise we were traveling with 3 friends and one of them thought all she needed for the trip was a drivers license. Luckily we had flown in a day early and Fedex provides a special service where they went to her home with a empty pouch where her mom placed her passport in and sealed it. It was delivered to our hotel that same night. On our last cruise, my wife forgot her birth control pills. :eek:

Our wedding cruise - My DH packed our passports. At the airport, I realized he packed my expired passport by mistake. He didn't haven't an expired passport and had no idea I kept my old one. Fortunately, we always get to the airport very early and our friend house/cat-sitting for us was able to go and get it.Another trip, I forgot our cruise documents. I don't know how it happened, but I freaked out the morning we were supposed to board when I couldn't find them. I tore that hotel room apart!

We were in our mid-thirties traveling on Oceania on a Transatlantic sailing. We got to the port and they thought we were crew. They literally told us to enter the ship thru the crew area! After explaining how we forgot our cruise documents, they finally realized we were guests. We were the youngest guests on board! There were no kids, no teenagers, no-one in their twenties... When we disembarked someone in customs gave us a second look and said "You're young for this cruise."

We too have left our passports on more than one occasion. So now thanks to CC I make copies of our IDs !!