What'd Ya Forget?

Specially_K

Underwear......Yup

The only pair I had on was the pair I wore flying into Miami the day before. Not a big deal, for some reason I had two pairs of Speedo's in my carry on which worked out will. I wear bikini briefs anyway, so it was just about the same. My wife forgot her travel makeup mirror once, you would have thought the world was coming to an end.

My birth control pills...freaked out not wanting to deal with...that.. during the week of my cruise. Luckily all went well. Until I found the pills, when we were packing up on the last day. :rolleyes:

I read supposedly a true story about a 4-5 year old cruising with his parents. A crew member asked him if it was his first cruise and he answered "Yes and I'm the bonus from mommy's first cruise!" Someone else must have forgotten their birth control pills!

Not a cruise... but luggage lost during a European trip. I had the jeans I was wearing, my carry on, some tops borrowed from the friend I was with, and an airport gift card as compensation for said lost luggage. The airport had a LA Senza as my only option to get some underwear... not made for comfort and I learned the difference between US and EU sizing that week. Pretty torturous few days until my luggage was found and sent to me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

While on Epic Med Cruise, port of Cannes, I was going on a self-guided tour of Ile Sainte-Marguerite with my heavy Canon 70D camera + lens kit, hoping to take the best pictures of my life. Once on the ferry, wanting to get some pictures of the Epic behind us, I take out my camera, turn it on...then nothing. Can't turn the thing on! That's when I realized I had forgotten the battery in the charger, on the shelf, in my cabin, on the ship I was trying to get a picture of! DOH! There goes my wonderful long planned picture taking day onto this once in a lifetime paradise island.

I still had a wonderful hike on the island despite having to carry my heavy camera pack all day long for absolutely no reason!!!

I packed our carry ins with a two day supply of clothes, comfortable shoes and a couple of books. Just in case our luggage was lost. We were flying to London to cruise out of Southampton.

Out of Atlanta to JFK our pilot announced there was a hydraulic problem. Bottom line, we flew in circles, dropped a full load of fuel and landed back in Atlanta on a foam covered runway and greeted by fire trucks, etc. We landed safely and and had to run for another JFK flight. We made our TWA connection, but our luggage was still in Atlanta.

Arrived in London hotel, opened the carry ins, and they were full of underwear and a couple of sweaters.

DH said I had them full of heavy things so he repacked.

Because we flew first class, we were both dressed in good clothes, dress shoes etc. This was back in the dinosaur days. I made him walk with me to Selfridge's where I bought a couple of outfits, comfortable walking shoes and several books. He refused to spend the extra money and walked around London with huge blisters. Our luggage arrived in time for our cruise. He has not been allowed to touch my suitcases since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We cruise and travel a lot - we have been married for right at 25 years - the reason I have a good chance to make it to the actual 25th - I NEVER touch the bags until they are ZIPPED - If I have something to add like wine or what ever - I announce / set it down and Walk away..

I have a telephoto lens that fits on my smart phone. It came with a mini-tripod that attached to the lens.

On our cruise on the POA, I packed the tripod, but forgot the lens.

Now, I can't find the tripod.

A few years ago I was in Cozumel and planned a drift dive with a local dive shop. They were providing the gear and so all I needed to do was bring my camera and housing. Needless to say once I got down about 50ft I remembered I had left my camera in the boat. And of course while down I got an opportunity to glide along with a full grown eagle ray. A once in a lifetime day and I have no pictures whatsoever of it...

On our Southern Caribbean cruise in 2011 we spent 4 days pre- and 3 days post-cruise in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. We take a park & ride bus from home to Logan airport in Boston. No sooner does the bus drop us off I realized I had forgotten a new bag that had all my undies, bathing suits, makeup and (horrors!) all my books. No time to go home so first thing in OSJ was to find a CVS. Got everything except the bathing suits. Ended up getting one in Cura?ao for a fraction of what they were asking in OSJ. Back at work after the trip I was telling my boss about it. Two months later she gave me a Kindle to keep in my purse so I would never be "bookless" again! [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of these postings are making us laugh and some are not. We often forget something small (which we can buy on the ship or someone else in the group has)....but certainly not too many clothes. We forgot our favorite paperback books -- so now we like the kindles -- as long as we download our books in advance....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our Southern Caribbean cruise in 2011 we spent 4 days pre- and 3 days post-cruise in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. We take a park & ride bus from home to Logan airport in Boston. No sooner does the bus drop us off I realized I had forgotten a new bag that had all my undies, bathing suits, makeup and (horrors!) all my books. No time to go home so first thing in OSJ was to find a CVS. Got everything except the bathing suits. Ended up getting one in Cura?ao for a fraction of what they were asking in OSJ. Back at work after the trip I was telling my boss about it. Two months later she gave me a Kindle to keep in my purse so I would never be "bookless" again! [emoji28]

Forgot to say that since then I always put a post it on the door to the garage with a list of what luggage we are taking. Once the car is packed the post it goes in the car to make sure we don't leave anything in the car.

I read supposedly a true story about a 4-5 year old cruising with his parents. A crew member asked him if it was his first cruise and he answered "Yes and I'm the bonus from mommy's first cruise!" Someone else must have forgotten their birth control pills!

:'):'):'):'):'), Love it.

I am a meticulous planner with spreadsheets and packing lists for every bag. I am usually packed months in advance and often repack just to make sure I am not missing anything. For my first cruise with my girlfriend (now wife), I provided her with a spreadsheet of suggested packing items so she didn't forget anything. She laughed at me and proceeded to poke fun at my organization over Christmas at her families. Fast forward to our port day in St Thomas where we had a hike planned in St. John. Guess who forgot to pack anything but flip flops and slippers, my girlfriend. We didn't have any time to try to buy shoes before our boat to St. John, so she agreed to give it a try in flip flops! I giver her credit and knew I had to marry her when she went on the hike in flip flops and tore her feet up all day without complaining. She didn't mind my first aid kit checklist that included moleskins, which she had to use the rest of cruse to cover all the blisters and cuts!!

A small diversion topic if I may: what have you lost, misplaced, or had stolen during your cruise?

I can go first. Last week my husband lost/misplaced not once but twice his wallet with all his credit cards and $300 US in cash. The first time it was found on the plane under a seat up in first class after everyone had deplaned. We were in row 22.

The next time it was somewhere between hotel check out and ship embarking in Rio. He declared at the NCL desk his wallet was missing, sparking a search involving countless crew members and other guests. It was never found. He had all the credit cards cancelled. 4 days later it turned up in the side pocket of a backpack just where he put it.

Needless to say, I held all the cards, passports and money from that point forward! By the way, you should be proud of me. I carry all my own cards and I don't even react anymore. I just pay and move on.

OMG. LOL

On our last cruise I forgot to pack my husband's underwear. I know, he should have packed himself but I told him to let me do it. I'm the expert packer. :o He's plus sized so on our 13 night cruise, with 7 ports I couldn't find any Tighty Whities in his size. And I looked. A lot.

As far as stolen or missing....this is something I have never mentioned in my past 2 reviews...in the same room. Last year, after a few nights, my Teddy Bear that my husband bought for me after I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer disappeared. I freaked out and was so upset until my daughter said that maybe God realized that I didn't need it anymore and it was now going to someone else that needed it. :halo:

On this past cruise in January, the same room as last time, I had a travel sized My Pillow that I slept with under my arm. A few nights in, it disappeared. Seriously? What is there a Black Hole in this room?

I had different room stewards and different Butlers each cruise, so I don't think they were stealing from me. But I do think that maybe the Teddy Bear and the Pillow got caught up in the sheets with the laundry.

Both times they looked for my things but they were never found. :loudcry:

I'm testing my Black Hole theory in December. We are booked in the same room again.

;p

On a cruise out of Houston last year, I remembered during our layover in Atlanta that my insulin was at home in the fridge. We got to Houston late - after the pharmacies were closed. The next morning (the day of the cruise) we were at a Sam's Club when the doors opened. They transferred my prescription to that store, refilled it, and we left there and still made it to the port by noon. Lesson learned! There's entirely too many carbs on the boat ride to not have any insulin. :)

I am a meticulous planner with spreadsheets and packing lists for every bag. I am usually packed months in advance and often repack just to make sure I am not missing anything. For my first cruise with my girlfriend (now wife), I provided her with a spreadsheet of suggested packing items so she didn't forget anything. She laughed at me and proceeded to poke fun at my organization over Christmas at her families. Fast forward to our port day in St Thomas where we had a hike planned in St. John. Guess who forgot to pack anything but flip flops and slippers, my girlfriend. We didn't have any time to try to buy shoes before our boat to St. John, so she agreed to give it a try in flip flops! I giver her credit and knew I had to marry her when she went on the hike in flip flops and tore her feet up all day without complaining. She didn't mind my first aid kit checklist that included moleskins, which she had to use the rest of cruse to cover all the blisters and cuts!!

This is me too! I go over the spreadsheets so many times to be sure I don't forget anything. I love the ideas we get here on CC. Some of the most useful are: The clip magnets for the walls to hold some of our tickets and plans. A folder of some sort to hold the dailies and papers I want to save after we've finished with them. And post-its for leaving notes on the door to tell our friends where we are etc. A highlighter to mark up the dailies with what we want to remember to do. My favorite odd thing to pack is a removable decal that we put on our balcony glass wall so we can see our balcony from shore. It makes it very easy in photos to see where we stayed.

After reading all of the posts of forgotten underwear, I think I'm packing some in each bag this year!

What I forgot is not really a big deal but for me it was a very silly oversight I was on a cruise to the Bahamas and I forgot to Pack a hat. No biggy right except for years I collect hats and have 200 to 300 hats now I have 1 more I had to buy one as soon as we hit the beach.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Forums mobile app

Didn't forget anything, but brought the "wrong" thing. My husband sorted his shirts into two piles on the bed - the ones he wanted and the ones staying home because they were stained, torn, didn't fit, whatever. Well you guessed it, I grabbed and packed the wrong pile, which we didn't discover until we were unpacking onboard. Good thing our first stop was San Juan where we headed straight for Marshalls.

your husband is a mad genius at work,,lol

I posted once on this thread about actually over packing, but since reading some other posts about how things were forgotten, I should add quite emphatically I NEVER LET THE HUBBY PACK ANYTHING OR GO NEAR THE SUITCASES for this very reason. I allowed him to ONCE because we had to pack in a hurry and leave for an emergency in another state, and he forgot all of his shirts and underwear! When I pack, I pack all of mine, and ask him what he would like to wear, and I make sure it's packed, along with all necessities. I know this younger generation feels that the wife should not have to "wait" on their husband, but I'm sure they will learn soon what happens when they allow them to pack! But to be fair, I've known many men that are more capable of organization than their wives.

Not me, but my husband....Once, he forgot his belt. Another time, a tie. Next....his PANTS. Not his suit pants, but ALL of his Dockers and jeans. Luckily, we were in NY the day before and a taxi took us to Mervyn's. The final straw was his wallet. After we divvied up the cash I'd gotten at the bank for an Alaskan cruise, he left his wallet at home, and didn't realize it until we reached the check-in at the airport. Our credit card company worked with us by giving us a PIN immediately. I do have lists for packing, but now....after 35 years of marriage....I have him take out what he wants to bring and I PACK IT. I also carry our passports and always check for that wallet as we leave home. As I once taught my Girl Scout troop, all that you MUST have on a trip is your passport, meds, and money. Granted, you won't always be able to buy what you want, but you can get by.