What'd Ya Forget?

Specially_K

This is from Princess, but it's the only picture I have of it. We use magnetic clips to hang mostly paperwork, daily envelopes, tickets, the daily newsletter... on this particular example, it was our first time on the ship, so we hung a map up there. Our itinerary is posted up there... the envelopes have each day's excursion tickets, tip cash, whatever paperwork goes off the ship that day. Also up there... a note to each other, US and CA customs forms, an event on the ship we wished to attend... basically a bulletin board.

We do poorly with all that crap piled up on the table or shoved in a drawer. Not for everyone, but its just our management style... no kids and and a beverage package means things get lost and forgotten if not top of mind!

magets-paperwork.jpg

What a great idea......I think I will add these to my packing list. Thanks!

I'm so glad someone started this great thread. I've never forgotten anything since I tend to overpack but would have this upcoming TA had I not read this. We'll spend time in Spain and Italy after the cruise and I hadn't even thought about taking our European plug converter. So to Kathy Belcher - sorry you forgot yours but thanks for posting so we won't forgot ours!

Happy to have helped! I laugh because we end up on at least one scavenger hunt every trip. Not for anything on my list mind you, but so many random items my husband decides he absolutely must have. After 29 years of marriage, I just go along for the ride, albeit slightly passive aggressively.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot our passports two weeks ago. We live an hour from the closest airport. I didn't remember packing them until we were almost at the airport. The wonderful Uber driver dropped my DH and DS at the airport and took me back home to get them. I found them and she took me back. I missed our flight, but was placed on standby and made it to Miami 3 hours after my guys. My husband had a HUGE drink waiting for me. 12 th cruise and of all things to forget!!!!!! On our 3rd cruise, I forgot my makeup. Spent a lot of money at the stores on board

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I forgot to pack my kids swimming googles. Apparently they can't figure out how to swim without them and the ship didn't stock them. I finally found some in a small drugstore in Freeport. Then I found the Brewery and this stuff. 25fa55ba81a29abb1a3af2af0a001be2.jpg

If you tour the brewery. Get this. It's yummy. I had to ration it since it's not sold in the states.

Next time I travel to Freeport I will take a small foldable cart with wheels so I can bring more home.

Oh and chap stick! Had to pay a small fortune because my lips hurt!

I forgot our passports two weeks ago. We live an hour from the closest airport. I didn't remember packing them until we were almost at the airport. The wonderful Uber driver dropped my DH and DS at the airport and took me back home to get them. I found them and she took me back. I missed our flight, but was placed on standby and made it to Miami 3 hours after my guys. My husband had a HUGE drink waiting for me. 12 th cruise and of all things to forget!!!!!! On our 3rd cruise, I forgot my makeup. Spent a lot of money at the stores on board

OMG, I would die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad you made it.

LOL , you people have nothing on me - I made THE blunder of all time.

We live in Turlock, Calif. June 2014. Flight from San Francisco to London. Flight was scheduled to depart at 4:20 pm. Very proud to get to the ticket counter at 2pm. Plenty of time. At the counter I opened my binder WTH??? I said SOB 3 times with my brain spinning - wife asking whats wrong??? NO PASSPORTS ??? I am a retired Firefighter (Captain) In my head - I was precessing what had happened and HOW to fix it.

Long story just a little shorter.

I called my neighbor within the fist 2 minutes of realizing what I had done. He answered - got our passports from my scanner inside my office and on the road to SFO within 10 minutes of my call to him. Its now about 2:15pm - flight leaves in 2.25 hours - 2 hour dive (minimum) He agress to try it - TRAFFIC??

Explain to ticket counter supervisors - we all know its going to be close if not impossible.

The Gods were watching - plane was delayed 30 min.

Traffic was tight -

On the cell phone as they approached the (departing area) wife could see me outside - kept ticket counter updated.

We were told - our luggage could Not be processed until we had passports

Passports arrive - got boarding pass

Was given quick pass for security - arrived at security - people in line were GREAT and allowed us to pass

Ran to gate

Gate area was empty - lady ask ( are you Michael & Arlene)

YES -

Please hurry and sit down once inside

As we walked on the plane - the door was closed and the movement we got seated - the plane started backing up.

It was a Miracle

We arrived in London knowing our luggage would Not be with us

Took our time getting to the luggage are - planned on finding out what to do about our luggage

WHAT - there on the luggage belt was our bags going in circles?

How our bags made our flight was a mystery?

I owe a life time of favors to my neighbor (I did hand him a $100 bill whe I grabbed our passports that day - go by dinner, lol)

I still get teased (rightfully so)

Some years ago my husband forgot his cuff-links. The stores on the ship only sold high end ones... for a phenominal price of course

Well, I had one of those sewing kits which had needles threaded with different colour cottons so each evening I sewed him unto his shirt and cut him free at bed-time. The colors of the thread got wilder as the week progressed but he has never forgotten them again!

I always have the complete opposite problem---I pack WAY too much--always anticipating any disaster! I drag along every possible medication that may be needed for any malady that may strike! My family always jokes about it, and the year we had a baby travel with us, I even packed a six pack of Pedialyte. Boy do I get picked on for that---UNTIL the baby and one other grandchild got sick and needed it! Nobody picks on me anymore!

A small diversion topic if I may: what have you lost, misplaced, or had stolen during your cruise?

I can go first. Last week my husband lost/misplaced not once but twice his wallet with all his credit cards and $300 US in cash. The first time it was found on the plane under a seat up in first class after everyone had deplaned. We were in row 22.

The next time it was somewhere between hotel check out and ship embarking in Rio. He declared at the NCL desk his wallet was missing, sparking a search involving countless crew members and other guests. It was never found. He had all the credit cards cancelled. 4 days later it turned up in the side pocket of a backpack just where he put it.

Needless to say, I held all the cards, passports and money from that point forward! By the way, you should be proud of me. I carry all my own cards and I don't even react anymore. I just pay and move on.

A small diversion topic if I may: what have you lost, misplaced, or had stolen during your cruise?

On a cruise about 8 years ago I left my wallet in the cab from the hotel to the port. I realized it was missing when we were up at the counter checking in and immediately called the cab company. Lucky for me the cab driver had already found it and was headed back to the port to bring it to me!! :hearteyes:

We arrived a day before our cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. Late at night at the hotel, I realized that I left all of my clothes for formal nights at home. (This was many years ago when everyone really did dress up for formal night! Nowadays, this wouldn't be a problem.)

So - I went to Macy's the morning of the cruise and bought two new outfits and accessories!

This one is for the ladies, gentlemen cover you eyes..

Apparently I miscalculated for our one week cruise and had packed zero feminine hygiene products. The gift shop sells a teeny tiny box for 8 dollars!! I couldn't wait to get off at the next port to find a store!

Sent from my SD4930UR using Forums mobile app

On the NCL Star did not take enough blood pressure pills went down to medical center and showed them the prescription which I had on my phone needed 15 Enalipril they cost about 20 cents the only way I could get them was to pay $145 for a doctor consultation! No way! We were in India two days later and bought a box of fifty for $4 dollars!

I packed our carry ins with a two day supply of clothes, comfortable shoes and a couple of books. Just in case our luggage was lost. We were flying to London to cruise out of Southampton.

Out of Atlanta to JFK our pilot announced there was a hydraulic problem. Bottom line, we flew in circles, dropped a full load of fuel and landed back in Atlanta on a foam covered runway and greeted by fire trucks, etc. We landed safely and and had to run for another JFK flight. We made our TWA connection, but our luggage was still in Atlanta.

Arrived in London hotel, opened the carry ins, and they were full of underwear and a couple of sweaters.

DH said I had them full of heavy things so he repacked.

Because we flew first class, we were both dressed in good clothes, dress shoes etc. This was back in the dinosaur days. I made him walk with me to Selfridge's where I bought a couple of outfits, comfortable walking shoes and several books. He refused to spend the extra money and walked around London with huge blisters. Our luggage arrived in time for our cruise. He has not been allowed to touch my suitcases since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've got a million trade show lanyards at home and wished I had at least one with me when I saw them selling them on the boat for some crazy price. I probably wouldn't keep my card tethered around my neck the entire cruise, but there were times it would've been convenient.

Years ago I suffered from severe migraines and of all things I forgot my prescribed medicine! Lucky we sailed to Bermuda when one hit me for being in the sun too long. My sister-in-law worked at the drugstore/pharmacy and since it was not enough time to call my pharmacist the pharmacist took me to "over the counter" meds and told me what I could take over the bottle amount safely. I always triple check all of my meds now and carry in my purse.

Oh no. That is the worst. I would rather forget my underwear. I go nowhere without mine.