Discounted Carnival Gift Cards

MTruvillio

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Verizon is ending their Smart Rewards program.You can still use it through October 31, 2017. I just checked and they are currently "sold out". So, we will have to continue checking to see if they add any before the program ends. Alternatively, AARP Rewards for Good had some available and I scored a 10% discount. As mentioned in previous posts, you don't have to join AARP just the rewards program. Earn points for newsletters and quizzes; pretty easy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow that's great. Do you recall the link?

eBay from time to time holds a "Flash Sale" and offers discounted E-Cards. I've gotten $100 E-gift cards for $70 before.

You buy and they send you an email voucher you print with the redeem codes. Like a Groupon.

All you need to do is give those #rs to carnival just like a gift card.

Only bad side is the daily flash sales are random and rare for Carnival

eBay from time to time holds a "Flash Sale" and offers discounted E-Cards. I've gotten $100 E-gift cards for $70 before.

You buy and they send you an email voucher you print with the redeem codes. Like a Groupon.

All you need to do is give those #rs to carnival just like a gift card.

Only bad side is the daily flash sales are random and rare for Carnival

I got a few gift cards using the flash sale in the past. They do go quickly but I haven't seen that sale in a while. Usually someone on these boards will give a heads up when they see the sale and then it's like a feeding frenzy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As of today, Verizon have the 10% discounted Carnival gift cards currently in stock as I just logged on to check the return policy. There is a limit of 2 gift cards of each type ($100 or $500) per customer. My husband and I recently purchased over $1500s worth of gift cards using the Verizon discount :D. All of the gift cards ($100 and $500) were delivered electronically and were emailed within minutes of purchase.

Unfortunately, we have had to cancel our cruise (Carnival Sunshine in Dec 2017) due to the risk of zika virus with pregnancy :(. We have been reimbursed by Carnival using our original form of payment (gift card). We are not planning on a going on a cruise for a long time and are stuck with a bunch of gift cards that we do not need. We are using craigslist. We live in Boston.

Edited by BritbratJo

Free! I used my Southwest points. 10,000 points for a $100 gift card, so I bought 10 of them. Now I have $1000 in gift cards and two cruises coming up!

Thanks I just looked into it as I received a southwest email and looks like I can get $100 for free!! Is it easy to do or airfare thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10,000 points for a $100 card

I used one hundred thousand points to purchase ten $100 cards. I wasn't using the​ points anyway because we've reached companion status on SWA and I fly free this year and next year. My husband can't use points on his flights or we won't keep our companion status. We are long distance so one of us flys every weekend.

I used one hundred thousand points to purchase ten $100 cards. I wasn't using the​ points anyway because we've reached companion status on SWA and I fly free this year and next year. My husband can't use points on his flights or we won't keep our companion status. We are long distance so one of us flys every weekend.

Wow you are lucky!! We only go on one big trip a year! But I will look into it, I also bought a few from Allstate rewards they are 10% off we went on the Glory last month

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I posted a link on this thread on September 24th. I am going to be selling my unwanted Carnival gift cards on carpool.com at 15% discount. I am in the process of getting the cards registered online but they should be available for sale soon. I had them listed on craigslist but as I seller I am more comfortable using a legitimate third party.

I posted a link on this thread on September 24th. I am going to be selling my unwanted Carnival gift cards on carpool.com at 15% discount. I am in the process of getting the cards registered online but they should be available for sale soon. I had them listed on craigslist but as I seller I am more comfortable using a legitimate third party.

I wish you the best of luck in selling them and I’m sorry you won’t be cruising anytime soon. I think you may be hard pressed to find someone here to buy them especially since the recent issues when getting GCs from 3rd party sellers. But you never know. There’s no way I would even consider it and I’ll only get them from AARP or Citi EasyDeals for a discount. Again, good luck and if you can’t sell them for what you’re asking, the good news is as long as they weren’t promotional cards, they never expire.

Ok so how would this work please?

I wish you the best of luck in selling them and I’m sorry you won’t be cruising anytime soon. I think you may be hard pressed to find someone here to buy them especially since the recent issues when getting GCs from 3rd party sellers. But you never know. There’s no way I would even consider it and I’ll only get them from AARP or Citi EasyDeals for a discount. Again, good luck and if you can’t sell them for what you’re asking, the good news is as long as they weren’t promotional cards, they never expire.

What are the issues? Thanks.

What are the issues? Thanks.

Some people bought gift cards from a reseller/3rd party site. They applied them to their accounts only to find out days or weeks later that they were fraudulent and Carnival reversed the charges leaving people still owing the money. One poor poster was unable to even make a payment by any method because they were flagged in their system for making bad payments and last I checked is still banned from ever using a Carnival Gift Card again. It’s been quite an ordeal. I’ll see if I can find the thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2538746

I appreciate your feedback firemanbobswife:). I didn't realize that were recent issues with 3rd party gift card sellers:o. I was just reading through this thread and recognized that people were looking for discounted cards and I thought that I would spread the word as we have GCs that we are selling. My husband and I won't be using the GCs anytime soon due to Zika virus. Plus, when you have a young family the general recommendation is that you don't take kids cruising until they are potty trained (which will be a few years) and also we are planning on moving back to England. So, I don't see how we will need the USD carnival GCs in the future. We are sad that we won't be cruising at Christmas as we love Carnival cruises but trying for a family is more important.

I hope that everyone has a fab time on their cruises. ENJOY :D

Edited by BritbratJo

Ok so how would this work please?

Hi Johnny60. Thanks for your question. I know that Firemanbobswife has raised some concerns about 3rd party sellers of GCs; I was not aware of these problems. When I registered the cards for sale I had to put in my credit card details that the website stated was to protect the 3rd party seller and potential buyer from fradulent activity. Ultimately, it is up to the individual but I just want to let users of this thread know that I have them on carpool.com. I submitted them yesterday and my listings are currently being reviewed. I am interested to see when they go live.

Basically, you would go to the website cardpool.com and search for the kind of GC that you want. I assume that the buyer would receive the GC details electronically e.g gift card number and pin (which I had to enter to submit the listing) after payment.

If you are interested the Carnival GCs are still listed on craigslist (Boston). You can always use that link to contact me directly if you want to discuss further. If not, I understand. Many Thanks!

Edited by BritbratJo

Some people bought gift cards from a reseller/3rd party site. They applied them to their accounts only to find out days or weeks later that they were fraudulent and Carnival reversed the charges leaving people still owing the money. One poor poster was unable to even make a payment by any method because they were flagged in their system for making bad payments and last I checked is still banned from ever using a Carnival Gift Card again. It’s been quite an ordeal. I’ll see if I can find the thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2538746

WOW! These fraudsters thing of everything don't they. It is a shame that they can't use their corrupt minds to do good things rather than bad. It just ends up ruining it for everyone else :(