Walt Disney World, Universal Studios on Anthem OTS

I am on 11/4 Anthem OTS and contemplating going to one of the shore excursions to one of the theme parks. We arrive at port canaveral at 12noon. Can someone tell me what time do you get back onboard the ship. The excursion leaves at 12:30pm to go to the park.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am on 11/4 Anthem OTS and contemplating going to one of the shore excursions to one of the theme parks. We arrive at port canaveral at 12noon. Can someone tell me what time do you get back onboard the ship. The excursion leaves at 12:30pm to go to the park.

Sorry I cannot answer the question about what specific time you would be back, but I am sailing on Anthem on Sunday. Our PC days shows arrival at Noon and leaving at 9:30. It takes at least an hour each way, so if your shuttle leaves at 12:30, you would not get to the park until at least 1:30 and if they cut it close to departure, you would have to leave the park by 8 or 8:30 to get back to the ship.

I am not sure if you have ever been to Universal or any of the Disney parks, but in my opinion 6.5-7 hours is not enough time based on how much you would be spending to get in and the transportation. If you have never been there I would definitely advise against it. I have been there 15 times or so and it would not be enough time for me and I know where everything is and have already been on all the attractions.

Doesn't the excursion description indicate a total time for the excursion?

If there's no excursion description, then it might be too early to get the details.

Yeah it will not be enough time, not to mention the lines into the popular rides are 1-3 hours wait. Plus you're going to miss the fireworks at Magic Kingdom and the fireworks at Epcot or even Fantasmic show, you would miss.

Doesn't the excursion description indicate a total time for the excursion?

If there's no excursion description, then it might be too early to get the details.

My cruise planner says 10 hrs for Disney (but we are not even in port that long). It says 8 hrs for Sea World and Universal.

Sea World may be doable for that amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Save your money. Your paying FULL ticket price for maybe 4-5hrs in the park(s). It's over an hour ride each way. You would be throwing away [emoji383]. I'd rather you send it to me directly. It will be less stressful. I would recommend getting off the ship renting a car for the day. Go to Kennedy Space Center. It's a lot more practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The website is very vague as to what time we are leaving the park. We are leaning towards universal studios. We know what we want to see, we have done this excursion before but it was 9am with a 4pm return. Leaving at 12:30pm I was curious as to what time was the return from either Disney or Universal.

The website is very vague as to what time we are leaving the park. We are leaning towards universal studios. We know what we want to see, we have done this excursion before but it was 9am with a 4pm return. Leaving at 12:30pm I was curious as to what time was the return from either Disney or Universal.

If I meet anyone on the ship next week that is going on the universal excursion I will try to find out for you.

We have done this on Anthem. They have you meet in theatre, first groups off. It's 1 hour 10 minutes to Disney, and Universal. You get 6 hours from parking lot to return. Disney is transportation center. Buses there for other than Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Allowed only 1 entrance to a park. MK & Epcot monorail. Have your schedule mapped out. It is what it is. 6 hours...really 5 as allowing for transport there and back to proper park. Generally a few buses so sime leeway as to time. We took last bus back due to scooter lift (only one bus) and arrived back 9 pm. No way do they leave at 12:30 upon docking.

Yes, expensive but doable, safe and a visit.

Have done Kennedy Space Center also. Interesting, about 25 minute ride and planned out nicely. Do not do on own...you need a guide throughout day with you. Vicki

It's a total waste of money. It's about 45 mins-1hour to GET to the parks...and another 30 mins from parking to actually BEING in the park....then there are the lines.

Those attractions should be done on a land vacation specifically FOR the parks! You'll need at least a week, and then you still won't see it all!

We are going to Universal from Anthem on Tuesday March 28. I believe it is the same excursion you are mentioning. I will let you know how it goes. I have several friends who did it and said it is worth it. The biggest advice I was given is to pick one or the other (two parks at Universal). We are going to Islands of Adventure. Buy your tix in advance and buy the Express Pass. It is pretty pricey and does take time to get there but for my group it makes sense because they may never have another opportunity to visit Universal Studios. Oh another bit of advice I was given is to download the app because you can see what rides have the longest lines. Also maybe try to narrow down your list to 3-5 must see attractions at the park of your choice. I think as long as you know what to expect and not to expect to do everything there is - you will enjoy yourself.

We considered doing Universal since my son wanted to see the Harry Potter stuff, but we've been there before and we know how the lines are and it being NJ week down there, it will probably be really crowded. We are going to be on the same sailing as the OP. We did KSC on a previous cruise and we may do it again (bringing a different kid). We may also consider some type of adventure excursion, like some swamp boat type thing. We'll see, got a few months to figure it all out :)

Hi sheila658,

We will be on the 11/4 Anthem sailing with you. Two years ago we did this excursion from the ship and we were told to be back aboard the buses about 6:30pm. Honestly it was only about 4 hours in the park. I had fast passes booked for 3 rides, and we were able to do them, stop for Dole Whip, have dinner, and a bit of brief shopping on Main Street on the way out. My step dad had never been to Disney before, so I thought it was a great opportunity for him to have the chance to to experience it. He is older and had some mobility problems as this vacation was a few months before his bilateral knee replacements. It is doable if you do a little planning (like buying tickets before you leave) and have a game plan in place.

Its insane to me that RC keeps planning these trips to port canaveral with so little shore time.

The ship can make the distance between PC and the Bahamas in 8 hours, which means they could stay in port until midnight and have people off the ship the next morning in the Bahamas at 9am.

Id like to book another Anthem trip but the itinerary doesnt make sense to me.

The really isn't enough time to do either and Universal unless you buy express pass; which are not cheap; you will be lucky to do more than 1 or 2 attractions.

Not quite sure where you will be dropped off but the parking lot is a pretty decent walk from the parks at Universal and will eat into your time.

To do Universal in 1 day in my opinion you have to arrive early and get an Express pass. Arriving in afternoon you will be lucky to do anything without Express pass and not much even with.

Disney you might get some stuff done if you can get some Fastpasses booked in advance which presumably won't be easy as you will not have your tickets.

I tend to agree with Kennedy suggestion but if Disney or Universal is the aim I would go for EPCOT as at least you can have a walk around World Showcase