Mini bar

You can have the CS do it and in most cases he empties the stuff into the nearest draw or cabinet.

You can also DIY with the same results just advise the CS what you did.

All the items in the mini-fridge have a price tag (very expensive) - check the use by date

on the gummy bears and packaged nuts and any other mystery stuff.

Stuff put into and taken out by CS and guests how many times before actually being consumed -

and handled how many times - ick !

Diet pop may taste different if left in the fridge over 6 months (shelf life ???).

YES feel free to EMPTY the mini-fridge and PUT YOUR STUFF in it !

Keep in mind it is not a real refrigerator, just a beverage cooler and won't keep food at safe temps for long.

Good point! That is the reason why we always have the ice bucket inside the fridge filled up.

We've had mixed results with the CS emptying the fridge...sometimes it's done quickly and sometimes they refuse. Now, I just let them know that I'm doing it and offer them the bag of junk I remove. (Each and every time I've done this, they shove it under the bed).

I really wish there was a way to just not have it there. On our Getaway cruise we removed it all and told the CS where we put it. She complained about it at least 3 times on our 7 night cruise. "I have to check everyday", "if anything is missing, I have to pay", etc. It was so annoying. Later this year my sister and her boyfriend are traveling with us. They're both recovering alcoholics. They have no problem being around it, but I'm sure it'll be hard for them to have it in their room. Yes, I know it's like a hotel. But I really don't think it should be there. Does *anyone* buy this stuff???

My recommendation to NCL: leave them empty and the passenger who wants it -- would simply ask to add it. I tried to call Ncl in advance of a sailing -- but they said I had to ask CS to remove it when on board.

Yes, however, for us, having the CS(cabin steward) clear the fridge is just another bother.

We have found that the fridge is just not necessary.

• 6 months later...
I just booked a cruise on the Jade for my first time cruise. I have the promotional drink package included. If I use the items in the fridge, will I be charged or does the drink package cover it? Thank you!

You will be charged, they are not included in the drink package.

I think the only plus in having the mini bar fridge is to keep your bottled water cool(er) if visiting hot places.

Other than that the space where the mini bar is could be more useful, as limited for shelves! Just think how many beauty products etc. You could get on there!

Although more drawers or even a bigger safe would be good to put all the things you wonder "would they be bothered to steal this?", when you leave them on the side. (Jewellery rolls, watches, gifts you buy in port, wine/champagne, camera's, mobiles charging, coins, vouchers or tickets for excursions) you never know whether to trust your CS's as sometimes you get a different one on their day off.

Schleod, if you manage to see a pic of what's in the mini bar, you wouldn't be bothered nor tempted to buy them! They could be yonks old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how much revenue they get from mini bar sales? You wonder if it's worth the cost of stocking them and the time CS's spend emptying them. Especially theses days when most people have UBP.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can have the CS do it and in most cases he empties the stuff into the nearest drawer!

This explains a mystery from my last cruise. I was unpacking and opened a drawer and found five canned beers - all different brands.:confused: