Carnival Splendor?

Yes We Can

Ugh. My email yesterday promised an update by 6 pm today and so far nothing. Has anyone heard anything about it arriving on time and the outgoing itinerary on 3/5? I am on it for a B2B and plan to be on board from 3/5 - 3/19. I've been following the ship all day on satellite- its been puttering along at 14.1 knots. My nerves are shot waiting to hear anything.

Ugh. My email yesterday promised an update by 6 pm today and so far nothing. Has anyone heard anything about it arriving on time and the outgoing itinerary on 3/5? I am on it for a B2B and plan to be on board from 3/5 - 3/19. I've been following the ship all day on satellite- its been puttering along at 14.1 knots. My nerves are shot waiting to hear anything.

Tugs and stevedores (dock workers) in Miami are on ready for early Sunday... so for the moment all looks like she will arrive in time for you to meet up... of course sea conditions are the ultimate dictator but hope this puts you a little less on edge.

Are you still planning to go? I am packing and wondering if it is worth it just to go to the Bahamas. Stressful decisions...

I just changed my booking to leave on the Conquest tomorrow out of FLL. There are still rooms available (inside only). I will be getting into Miami a day early anyways so just need to make our way to Fort Lauderdale...

Day Port of Call Arrival Time Depart Time

Sat Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL 04:00 PM

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Fun Day At Sea

Tue St. Maarten, NA 09:00 AM 06:00 PM

Wed St Kitts, WI 07:00 AM 05:00 PM

Thu San Juan, Puerto Rico 07:00 AM 02:00 PM

Fri Grand Turk 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sat Fun Day At Sea

Sun Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL 08:00 AM

Happy travels to everyone!

Are you still planning to go? I am packing and wondering if it is worth it just to go to the Bahamas. Stressful decisions...

Yes. We're going. Just got off the phone with our rep. He seems to think the two days in that one port will be when it is repaired. For us, we're getting 1200 refunded plus 100 each obc - along with the shot that week two will be the normal Eastern itinerary. The only thing he wasn't sure about was the way I'd be refunded since I paid 75% with gift cards. Anyone have experience in that? I mean, if I have to take it all back in electronic balance then I will of course. Hate to hold onto all that $$ in 'electronic' funds since we can't take another one for at least a year...but overall we're happy. This is our 15 year anniversary and we've saved and bought discount gcs forever getting ready for this!

It'd be cool if guest services could apply that '50% off future cruise' to our second leg. It was more the more expensive of the two and would net an additional 1300 back! Another question (sorry, I'm having random-thought typing), are there restrictions on the 50%-off-future-cruise offer? In other words, could we grab the most expensive suite on a cruise in the future with it, or would it hold us to the category we booked when the discount was offered?

TIA and sorry for the rambling...

Yes. We're going. Just got off the phone with our rep. He seems to think the two days in that one port will be when it is repaired. For us, we're getting 1200 refunded plus 100 each obc - along with the shot that week two will be the normal Eastern itinerary. The only thing he wasn't sure about was the way I'd be refunded since I paid 75% with gift cards. Anyone have experience in that? I mean, if I have to take it all back in electronic balance then I will of course. Hate to hold onto all that $$ in 'electronic' funds since we can't take another one for at least a year...but overall we're happy. This is our 15 year anniversary and we've saved and bought discount gcs forever getting ready for this!

It'd be cool if guest services could apply that '50% off future cruise' to our second leg. It was more the more expensive of the two and would net an additional 1300 back! Another question (sorry, I'm having random-thought typing), are there restrictions on the 50%-off-future-cruise offer? In other words, could we grab the most expensive suite on a cruise in the future with it, or would it hold us to the category we booked when the discount was offered?

Where you are doing the back to back its a good plan to go on the cruise. Your rep is right; they may repair it in Nassau and then continue on to one of the original ports or somewhere else more exciting. Have a great time and enjoy your future cruise deal as well! I believe the 50% off will be for any cruise you want to take on any ship...the Horizon is the newest ship coming in 2018 and the Vista is absolutely beautiful!

Happy cruising!

I should of read all the words in my email because the answers to my questions were right there. Basically we'll get another 1200 off of a future cruise. This will work for us.

*Refunds are processed within three weeks to the original form of payment. The future cruise credit is based on the cruise fare paid for this voyage, is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, and has no cash value. The credit must be redeemed by 09/05/18. There is no refund for unused portions of the credit or for any cancellation penalties that may be assessed. After you have booked your cruise, please use this link to provide us with the new booking information so we can process your cruise credit. (I removed the link)

We go on 4/2. I'm sure she will be up and good to go by then.

I'd take the 50% refund and 50% off and not skip a beat. I am just ready to go anywhere that's not work right now!

We're 4/9. I also would accept the 50/50 compensation as reasonable as long as I'm still cruising with all the activities onboard, just missing two ports.

50% off fcc for a slide not working last week on the Glory, and you all are offered 25% FCC for a broken ship and missing 2 ports? Carnival is responsible for the proper mechanics of its ships. It would seem 50% would be more appropriate.

(Yes I know the contract says Carnival doesn't have to give you anything for any issues encountered.)

In your cruise contract (which no one reads) it clearly states "Itinerary is Subject To Change" so technically they don't have to compensate at all. In the case of Glory they had construction taken place on board which blocked off a good chunk of the outdoor area on Glory. That construction probably should not of taken place until dry dock and cruisers weren't informed until they were on board but they cover themselves with "Itinerary subject to change".

I am on Splendor right now. Yes, we are getting 50% off this cruise, and 50% off a future cruise and $100 obc pp. They also gave each cabin a free bingo card for today's bingo. All internet is free, as are cabin calls back to the U.S. or wherever.

-They had a meeting in the showroom when the problem was announced, and people were screaming at the captain, cursing, etc. Really low-class. Someone even started a petition for full refunds. That night they gave free wine/champagne at dinner.

-Yesterday afternoon they announced the increase from 25% to 50% this cruise and future cruise, and people seemed happier. I feel sorry for those couples who were supposed to be married on St. Thomas - I think 3 couples were involved. That is the problem with scheduling cruise-ship itinerary weddings - you never know if you will make a port or not. -

-I am noticing more of a sewage smell around the ship - even in our balcony (deck 7) cabin yesterday. Have no idea what it is due to.

-We have been rocking and rolling with very rough seas right last night into this moment. I hope this doesn't impact our arrival into Miami. (I have a 1 p.m. flight back to NY Sunday) Weather is overcast and very windy out.

- Pools are closed due to wave action sending water 5 feet in air at each end, flooding the pool areas! Crew is trying to keep up with the flooding by sweeping water toward drains, but it is wetting the carpet leading into elevators in covered pool area.

- internet is horribly slow. I have been using the CCL hub app, and it is great - especially the chat feature with others on the ship. However, getting on the now "free" internet is incredibly slow...... painfully slow.....

-Will try to get back online later today to see how this thread is proceeding.

Other than that, we have had a great cruise, and now look forward to using our 50% credit on another!

A bad day at sea is NOT better than a good day at work. It's just another bad day. The damn lemons are probably bitter anyway. [emoji6]

LOL! That's another quip that bugs me...if you consider a horrible day at sea better than a good day at work it might be time to find a new job.

I feel sorry for the crew in a situation like this. Things happen, and Carnival seems like they are trying to make up for it!

The sewer smell could be due to the rough seas, allowing the water to slosh of the the traps allowing the smells/gases to get by. Plus, the tanks vent somewhere outside the ship. If the tanks are getting close to being full, the gases and probably coming out even more, especially since they won't be able to dump at a port.

I am on Splendor right now. Yes, we are getting 50% off this cruise, and 50% off a future cruise and $100 obc pp. They also gave each cabin a free bingo card for today's bingo. All internet is free, as are cabin calls back to the U.S. or wherever.

-They had a meeting in the showroom when the problem was announced, and people were screaming at the captain, cursing, etc. Really low-class. Someone even started a petition for full refunds. That night they gave free wine/champagne at dinner.

-Yesterday afternoon they announced the increase from 25% to 50% this cruise and future cruise, and people seemed happier. I feel sorry for those couples who were supposed to be married on St. Thomas - I think 3 couples were involved. That is the problem with scheduling cruise-ship itinerary weddings - you never know if you will make a port or not. -

-I am noticing more of a sewage smell around the ship - even in our balcony (deck 7) cabin yesterday. Have no idea what it is due to.

-We have been rocking and rolling with very rough seas right last night into this moment. I hope this doesn't impact our arrival into Miami. (I have a 1 p.m. flight back to NY Sunday) Weather is overcast and very windy out.

- Pools are closed due to wave action sending water 5 feet in air at each end, flooding the pool areas! Crew is trying to keep up with the flooding by sweeping water toward drains, but it is wetting the carpet leading into elevators in covered pool area.

- internet is horribly slow. I have been using the CCL hub app, and it is great - especially the chat feature with others on the ship. However, getting on the now "free" internet is incredibly slow...... painfully slow.....

-Will try to get back online later today to see how this thread is proceeding.

Other than that, we have had a great cruise, and now look forward to using our 50% credit on another!

I feel sorry for the crew in a situation like this. Things happen, and Carnival seems like they are trying to make up for it!

The sewer smell could be due to the rough seas, allowing the water to slosh of the the traps allowing the smells/gases to get by. Plus, the tanks vent somewhere outside the ship. If the tanks are getting close to being full, the gases and probably coming out even more, especially since they won't be able to dump at a port.

I wasn't under the impression that cruise ships stored sewage to dump at port, it is normally flushed at sea. Inside of a certain distance of shore it is supposed to be treated.

Why dont they drain some of the pools water out to prevent the water sloshing problems? i've never under stood that. they get the water from the sea as it is, just lower the water level down some and when conditions improve, refill. am i missing something here on why they dont do this?

Also 50% off your current cruise and 50% off future cruise equates to a free cruise or 100% refund providing you use the 50% future cruise credit. If people still complain after that plus they got free internet, $100 OBC, free phone calls, free alcohol, free bingo and still want more, they are really low class and think the world owes them for the rest of their lives. I would have been more then happy with refunded port fee's and $100 OBC. use that on alcohol and i'd be a happy camper enjoying the boat ride, food, people watching and relaxation.

People that keep complaining after getting all that back just infest the rest of the passengers and that's what ruins a cruise, the complainers.

Last year we had a similar thing happen on the Pride when the ship had a problem with the propulsion system on the cruise prior to our sailing and we received the same 50% refund and 50% off future cruise. In our case we did not receive our 50% cruise refund until a couple weeks after our cruise ended. If you paid via credit card it was refunded to the card you used. Several in our group however had used gift cards to pay for the cruise and received their refund in the form of a Carnival gift card. So if you paid 75% of the cruise fare in gift cards you can expect that 75% of your refund will probably come back to you in a gift card.

The future cruise discount only applies to new bookings and the discount is based on the category room that is currently booked on the 3/5 cruise sailing. So no you would not be able to use if for a suite unless that is the category you currently have booked. The future cruise credit also has to be used within a two year period or else you lose it.