How last minute did you book your cruise?

We are still indecisive on what to do. We have one cruise booked and thinking of doing Disney World before it. But if we can get really cheap rates for the same ship, we are going to do b2b on the Allure. How last minute did you book and did you get a good deal?

We are still indecisive on what to do. We have one cruise booked and thinking of doing Disney World before it. But if we can get really cheap rates for the same ship, we are going to do b2b on the Allure. How last minute did you book and did you get a good deal?

Keep your eyes on this sales flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

[url=http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf][/url]

This is the best place to look for close-in sales. It usually changes every Thursday afternoon.

Thanks Bob & Faithful

Does that link update every Thursday?

Usually late afternoon. There are times when they miss Thursday, especially of there's some sale weekend, such as Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc

Perhaps its because I'm only Gold, but I dont see any price difference when I check prices with or without my C&A number

Check prices where? On Royal Caribbean's website? There are rarely, if ever, discounts for being C&A, unless you are Platinum and above and have a balcony discount and are looking at balcony cabin/suite prices.

So really unless your platinum it really doesnt make any sense to enter the C&A number then.

While the likeihood of a discount is low, what have you go to lose by entering the C&A number.

I suppose you're right Bob. I thought I was doing something wrong thats why the discounts didnt come up. It didnt occur to me that Ive only started to cruise with Royal these past couple of years and havent racked up enough points to get a discount lol

We have booked out last 2 cruises last minute due to changes at work. We got killer deals on Oasis in September and Indy in January. Cruising right after the kids go back to school and parents go back to work is the BEST!

I have booked 2 cruises quite late - one 3 weeks prior out of Southampton to Norway and one 2.5 weeks out on Allure to the Western Caribbean. The Norway one was an OK deal but not brilliant. The Allure one was a great deal - booked a solo suite guarantee for about $2000 including prepaid gratuities and $50 OBC and got a Grand Suite. That was a few years ago though.

Now I always book when cruises open, so not sure about deals in recent times.

2k for a suite all to yourself is a good deal. I hope something like that comes up for our sailing lol. Right now we are booked in a ocean balcony and will upgrade in a heartbeat if a deal like that comes about

I just looked at that sale flyer for next week and the cruise I am considering (I actually have a hold on a cabin right now, but it expires later today) is on there. They have all the balcony categories listed at one price (better than my hold), but I am wondering if that price is for a gty or not. Any ideas?

I just looked at that sale flyer for next week and the cruise I am considering (I actually have a hold on a cabin right now, but it expires later today) is on there. They have all the balcony categories listed at one price (better than my hold), but I am wondering if that price is for a gty or not. Any ideas?

It actually says what category is offered at those prices.

It actually says what category is offered at those prices.

I did see that all the balcony categories were listed, and that is what made me think it the price might be for a gty. If it had different pricing for the different balcony categories I would assume it was not a gty.

They showed the special pricing for one day, then the specials went missing when it was available to the public. So now I'm still waiting for another week hoping that the special will come back