Unlimited Shore Excursion Passports

Poppychino

We are off on the 32 day Nautica cruise 'Royal Rendezvous' in June 2018 and I am working out our budget. Can anyone give me approximate costs of the unlimited shore excursion passports for any Oceania cruise they may have recently been on. The last thread about this was in 2012 - so more current information would be appreciated. Was there a good choice of excursions and did you consider you got value for money?

Many thanks

Julie

I did those back when they were doing them. They were mostly basic bus tours. I think if you look over on the Regent Board for excursions, they will be identical to their unlimited free (not really but included) excursions you will have a better idea of what Oceania is doing. They share the same department at HQ

DH and I are going on our first Oceania cruise in late April and chose the passport. I just didn't want to deal with handling shore excursions on our own and, it was a luxury for me, went with the ship's deal. Will it worrk for us? Maybe, but most are 1/2 day so we can have lunch or tour on our own for the rest of the day. FYI, I spent most of 2016 looking out/waiting on a close family member and her cancer diagnosis. Happy to say she's doing well, cancer free this year! We're spending a few days pre and post and I'm spending my time planning those days!

I did those back when they were doing them. They were mostly basic bus tours. I think if you look over on the Regent Board for excursions, they will be identical to their unlimited free (not really but included) excursions you will have a better idea of what Oceania is doing. They share the same department at HQ

Thanks Kathy

DH and I are going on our first Oceania cruise in late April and chose the passport. I just didn't want to deal with handling shore excursions on our own and, it was a luxury for me, went with the ship's deal. Will it worrk for us? Maybe, but most are 1/2 day so we can have lunch or tour on our own for the rest of the day. FYI, I spent most of 2016 looking out/waiting on a close family member and her cancer diagnosis. Happy to say she's doing well, cancer free this year! We're spending a few days pre and post and I'm spending my time planning those days!

Wishing you a wonderful trip - look forward to some feedback on the passport.

We are off on the 32 day Nautica cruise 'Royal Rendezvous' in June 2018 and I am working out our budget. Can anyone give me approximate costs of the unlimited shore excursion passports for any Oceania cruise they may have recently been on. The last thread about this was in 2012 - so more current information would be appreciated. Was there a good choice of excursions and did you consider you got value for money?

Many thanks

Julie

Have you logged into your cruise on the Oceania website? On my booked cruises it shows the amount for the unlimited collection once the excursions are released.

(That is when it works, I can't log in today, it tells me my username and password are incorrect. I've only been using them for 7 or 8 years now. They also want me to take a survey to help them improve their website, LOL)

Have you logged into your cruise on the Oceania website? On my booked cruises it shows the amount for the unlimited collection once the excursions are released.

They do not show excursions or pricing this far out

Nothing even for my Dec cruise

They do not show excursions or pricing this far out

Nothing even for my Dec cruise

You're right, I'm an idiot. I didn't see the 2018 in the first post.

I have excursions showing up for Aug, they've been there for a while. I

We are off on the 32 day Nautica cruise 'Royal Rendezvous' in June 2018 and I am working out our budget. Can anyone give me approximate costs of the unlimited shore excursion passports for any Oceania cruise they may have recently been on....
Any figure you get is going to be strictly an approximation to your particular itinerary. Outside of the package an excursion might cost $50 and another might be $300. The unlimited package would include the $50 one at no additional charge but they do surcharge for tours that are above around $200 (that limit varies). In other words a tour that would be priced for individual purchase at $250 could be available on the "unlimited"package for $50. The actual limit will vary. Actual examples of the variation below.

Also the total number of port stops on your cruise will obviously also make a difference as more excursions would be included on a cruise with more port stops. Also the length of excursions. Are there two half day ones for morning and afternoon or only in the morning so cannot take two.

That said, I just now checked the pricing on my upcoming Caribbean cruise. We have six days in port. One day though there are only three excursions offered and they are minor short ones pricing from $70-$90 so would not add significantly to the cost of the "unlimited" passport collection (UPC)

Our UPC is priced at $659. And I see that one excursion tour price of $350 is offered on the UPC at $180. So the allowance is $170 for the UPC. I see another one that the tour price is $230 and UPC price is $90 so the allowance is $140

Consequently it is hard to say what the cost of your UPC will be and its value.

But just to give you an idea for our six port days the UPC is offered at $660. So that works out $110 a day. Your results will be different of course but hopefully this helps you that with your planning.

Many thanks - with 32 days and 26 shore days its a bit to plan if we decide to do private tours the whole way and a lot to add in to the budget either way we go - so good to get an idea of what to put aside to ensure we get the best experiences possible. I asked my TA yesterday and she said that a similar cruise in 2017 of 28 days was US$3002/pp so that equates to your $110/day.

Thanks again.