P&O transatlantic on Azura.

Dollywobble

I'm assuming that you mean at the end of the Caribbean season which is usually at the beginning of April or at the very end of March. We have done this three times and have had different weather each time. We have arrived back in Southampton on 4th April to snow and another year we arrived back in Southampton on 4th April to brilliant, warm sunshine. So you never know. You will obviously have summer wear but you should also have what you would take for a normal April in the UK - in other words, layers but you may need a warm fleece, or you may need suntan cream!

When doing this cruise in the past the crossing starts 30C then gets cooler by a few degrees each day when we have reached the Azores it has been around 15 - 18C always cloudy and one time wet.

My husband and I are also on the cruise so are interested in your replies. We have cruised before with P&O and I think layers sounds a good plan. I was just looking at cardigans today to go with other things. I also think I will take a light coat for round the decks on the way home. Getting very excited now!

:pMany thanks for all the replays.This is the first time I have used cruise critic,I must admit I am slightly nervous about doing the crossing, so hopefully we should have some sunshine days on deck ,but we wanted to try waking up in Southampton rather than the long haul flight.:)

We generally do out and back to the Caribbean and have generally good weather as the track they take is quite far south.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did this crossing last year on Azura, the crossing was very smooth and the weather was lovely up until the day before we got to the Azores. We found the Azores grey, wet and after leaving the Caribbean a bit disappointing - not their fault of course they just weren't sunny. We arrived back in Southampton and don't remember it being too cold as you get used to the changing temperature gradually so it isn't a shock in the same way as when you fly back.

Please any help on a transatlantic crossing from St Martin to the Azures then Southampton, on what to pack and the weather. It will be our first P&O cruise . Many thanks.

The crossing last year was a good one according to captain Camby who thought on waking up he joked the weather was so good he thought the ship had been turned back heading for Barbados .

The Azores was a very dull and damp start but the weather picked up and we had a good day

walking around the town temps were 16 deg and cloudy .

The run home back to Southampton was reasonable when you think that storm Katie was doing its worst to the UK and we stayed well behind this .

We are looking forward to this years cruise and would be happy if we got the same conditions this time around .

Film Atlantic Crossing