Is it possible to change cruise date before final payment?

Brooke71991

I know this has probably been asked, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for through search. I booked a cruise late next year, but I'm considering changing it to a slightly longer cruise about three weeks later. Is this possible and what are the penalties if so? Thanks in advance!

I know this has probably been asked, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for through search. I booked a cruise late next year, but I'm considering changing it to a slightly longer cruise about three weeks later. Is this possible and what are the penalties if so? Thanks in advance!

If it is before final you should not have a problem changing to another date and paying the difference call your TA or carnival to find out

Carnival doesn't look at it as changing the cruise date. It's considered as two separate transactions, a cancellation and a booking.

If you booked ES, you'll be penalized $50pp and the rest of your deposit will be used as a payment on your new cruise. You will need to pay a new down payment.

I agree, the info that you can simply switch is incorrect from my experience. You need to cancel the cruise and use the remaining refunded amount towards the new cruise down payment.

Carnival doesn't look at it as changing the cruise date. It's considered as two separate transactions, a cancellation and a booking.

If you booked ES, you'll be penalized $50pp and the rest of your deposit will be used as a payment on your new cruise. You will need to pay a new down payment.

Our PVP has transferred one cruise to another using the same booking number eight times so far.

We always booked Past Guest rates so we were never penalized. Maybe it's different with Early Saver?

Thank you all for your answers I booked past guest not ES, so hopefully it won't be an issue. Even $50 pp wouldn't really be an issue. I haven't completely decided yet bc one of the ports I was looking the most forward to will be the one cut for the longer cruise, but I have a while to decide.

What you have posted is only partially true. If a cruise is booked Early Saver and the date is changed, it is basically canceling one cruise and booking another. If the date change is made (Cancel old on book new one) on the same phone call, the charge of $50 p/p will be added to the price of the new cruise and the original deposit, assuming it was a full deposit, will be used for the new one.

I have done that a few times when I booked onboard and then wanted to change to a different ship, different cruise. Now, if the date is changed today, as an example, and a new cruise is booked next week, again as an example, the $50 p/p is a penalty and the balance of the deposit will be held for a period of 2 years so that it will be used as a payment, but not as a deposit.

It makes a big difference in how/when the change is made.

What you have posted is only partially true. If a cruise is booked Early Saver and the date is changed, it is basically canceling one cruise and booking another. If the date change is made (Cancel old on book new one) on the same phone call, the charge of $50 p/p will be added to the price of the new cruise and the original deposit, assuming it was a full deposit, will be used for the new one.

I have done that a few times when I booked onboard and then wanted to change to a different ship, different cruise. Now, if the date is changed today, as an example, and a new cruise is booked next week, again as an example, the $50 p/p is a penalty and the balance of the deposit will be held for a period of 2 years so that it will be used as a payment, but not as a deposit.

It makes a big difference in how/when the change is made.

So that's how it differs. Thanks.