Port stop 3:30pm -11pm Been before but earlier

PBC29

We've been to SJ many times before although always docked 8am-10am an left by 6pm. Just wondering as we'll probably use it as a relaxing day on a semi empty ship, what do people do at this stop with such a late port time.

Find a sunset sail. There are several around, if you search via Google.

Or take a leisurely stroll up to Plaza Colon and then down Forteleza or San Francisco and find a nice spot for dinner. Or see if Spoon Food Tours has an evening/dinner food tour.

• 1 month later...

We use the later port time here to explore Old San Juan and have a wonderful dinner at a local restaurant. I know we "pay" for our dining on the ship, but the great local flavor and atmosphere make this a great thing for my family.

We have had drinks at various places (Al Fresco's, Dragonfly) and then dinner at Aguaviva. Did this 3 times and have never been disappointed. The fact that they are on open table makes reserving very easy. For a larger party, I would call them directly.

Whatever you choose.....have fun

We've been to SJ many times before although always docked 8am-10am an left by 6pm. Just wondering as we'll probably use it as a relaxing day on a semi empty ship, what do people do at this stop with such a late port time.

Easy

Drinks/Cocktails at Mezzanine and enjoy their extended "happy hour", then take the 6 course wine pairing menu at Marmalade. Best to book Marmalade in advance as very popular with discerning locals and cruisers.

We have the same port times - :eek: I believe we are going to walk around town. Sunset cruise does sound interesting. What would be a good authentic restaurant suggestion other than Marmalades? We are looking for a simpler restaurant with local flavor - that maybe a sweaty body after a day of touring would not feel uncomfortable eating at. :halo:

• 3 weeks later...